“A good place to stay”

Pearl Hotel
Ranked #124 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
“A good place to stay”
Reviewed 5 December 2012

Reasonably priced for Frankfurt and well placed for city centre,rail links and 15 mins to the airport. Great stuff,friendly and courteous plenty of nearby restaurants and bars. Only issue is Gutleut Strasse is very noisy and busy at night.

Room Tip: Stay at the back of the hotel away from the road.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Geneva
Reviewed 30 November 2012

I stayed here for one mid-week night in Nov 12 for business. Service was good, reception was smartly-decorated, the service was friendly and efficient, and the room was comfortable, if just a little dated. One good thing was the deep clean done once a month on the room, and although the room had been Smoking for sure at one point in its life (I'm allergic...), its Non-Smoking status was upheld by the cleaning, so manageable.

Location is on a main road about 10 mins walk from Frankfurt main station. The breakfast was excellent quality and standard German fare. The downside is the location on a busy main road and poor sound insulation of the building and windows. Request an off-street room in advance. Not bad value for money - if you bring earplugs.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Aberdeen
Reviewed 27 November 2012

Despite being about 12 minutes walk from the main station, this smart small hotel is at odds with it's location. The street is dead of life at night, but safe and with plenty of traffic. This means there is no where attractive to eat or drink. The hotel bar is smart but it was empty for most of my stay. Nice spacious double room even though I booked a single with very comfortable beds, lovely crisp sheets and nice clean spacious bathrooms. As is usual with most mid-range hotels these days, it is let down by a lack of attention to detail - loose toilet seat, cloth and half drunk Cola bottle found on arrival in my bathroom, hotel facilities guide in German despite front cover stating German and English, bulb not working by desk etc. The location of this hotel really lets it down - very noisy traffic at night which disturbed my sleep, small eateries with no one in them and a good 20-25 minute walk to the main shopping area. I wished I had researched the location better before booking as I would have chosen somewhere more to the east within the city centre. On the plus side, nice and pleasant staff.

Room Tip: Request the highest floor possible to get away from street noise. Failing this insist on a room at t...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank DavidC302
PearlHotelFrankfurt, Guest Relation Management at Pearl Hotel, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Dear David,

we thank you for being our guest and for taking time to write this review upon your stay. It is sad for us to read that we could not fulfill all your expectations.

First of all we are glad that you mention our friendly and pleasant staff on the plus side. Thank you for letting us know that; your lovely comments will be passed on to all our colleagues. We place great value on cleanliness and maintaining; therefore we have high standards for our housekeeping. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience in relation to these
shortcomings.

We are happy that you liked the spacious and comfortable room. It is a pity that you could not enjoy a restful sleep in it despite our comfortable beds and the double glazed windows. Of course, we would have loved to arrange a move to another room facing the backyard. Please let us know about this request for a future stay to make it as pleasant as possible the next time.

In the very near neighbourhood there is a wide range of good restaurants and bars, for example modern lounge bars, an outstanding Italian eatery, a great bio-restaurant and many more. Our staff is happy to recommend nice places nearby to our guests and reserve table for them. Please do not
hesitate to ask them.

We hope you will give us another chance again as we would like to fulfill all your expectations during a next stay with us.

With kind regards from Frankfurt to Aberdeen
Pearl Hotel
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 13 October 2012

I checked into this hotel because it was the cheapest one during the book fair. I arrive to the hotel at about 10:00PM to check in Im given my key go up to the 7th floor and its a smoking room, it smells like an ashtray. I calll reception they tell me there are no more non smoking rooms available. The next day I give them my laundry I come back to the hotel at 9:00PM and they inform me that the laundry takes two possibly 3 days to get back. I have never heard of that type of service at a hotel. The rooms face the main road so all night you can hear cars starting and driving. Area is dead there is nothing going on. Only good thing about the location is if you like to run its up the block from the river.Also the wifi is terrible

Room Tip: Try to get a room that doesnt face the street. Even on high floors you can hear the traffic .
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank AJetsonFromHarlem
Sydney
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Stayed there for 10 days in September. I found the hotel and staff efficient and helpful. Breakfast was the same everyday which gets extremely boring. I ended up skipping breakfast a few times just out of boredom. You have to really like cured meats to eat there regularly. One morning they served sour off milk for the cereals!
Poor entertainment options and no real hotel facilities.. Paid about 2500 euro all up and I feel I could have gotten much better value at a 4-5 star hotel. Booked the Hilton in January 2013 for 10 days and it cost me 1290 euro!!!
For a short stay it's ok but anything longer can get very boring!

Room Tip: I had a room facing the main street. It will get noisy. Ask for a room facing away from the street.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Tehran, Iran
Reviewed 4 August 2012

I have been in this hotel 2 times. Although rooms are small but everything is OK in this hotel. Good breakfast, friendly staff, clean hotel,.... Surely I'll stay in pear hotel in my next travel to Frankfurt.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nazila N
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 17 March 2012

The rooms are very small but quite clean and efficient and comfortable. Also tiny is the ridiculously small parking garage that can only fit a dozen cars and has columns in inconvenient places limiting your ability to maneuver in and out of a space.

But, they have a great breakfast buffet with a nice mix of pastries, cheeses, and meats, and this boutique hotel is cute and stylish, trying to make the best of the space they have. The service is very personal and friendly, and they offer free wireless- ask for the login and password when you check in. The lounge bar area downstairs are comfortable and cozy- free pretzel sticks and nuts with your drinks.

If you are just looking for a good value and don't need to spend a lot of time in the hotel itself except maybe a drink in the bar at night just a place to lay your head at night, you don't have a car, and this is a convenient location for your plans, then this would be fine for you.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business