“A great Italian restaurant to eat”

Trattoria i Siciliani
Ranked #6 of 2,490 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Neighbourhood: Sachsenhausen-Nord
Description: Sicilian food and best wines from Italy.
Istanbul
“A great Italian restaurant to eat”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I found this restaurant on tripadvisor and what a good decision I made..

I was lucky with the weather this time and I could sit outside in the little patio in front of the restaurant. That added a lot to my evening.

Food was delicous. I loved every bit of it. I was also very hapy with the service.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Korkut O
Matteo M, Inhaber at Trattoria i Siciliani, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank You!

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
DC
“Amazing meal at Trattoria i Siciliani”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Make the effort to find this place! I had a wonderful meal there - great appetizer, prosecco, main meal. Can not say enough about how lovely the owners were or the quality and presentation of the food. Totally enjoyed and will seek them out again next time I am in Frankfurt.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank sas526
medway
“True piece of Sicily in the heart of Frankfurt”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I still remember my last visit to Trattoria and the lovely meal I had. When I came to Frankfurt 2 weeks ago first thing I did was booking a table for the evening. There was even bigger choice on pasta and fish than last time. Perfect dinner again! Amazing wine choice. The owner is very friendly and caring and the staff very nice. I loved the garden outside! I can't wait till my next visit to Frankfurt

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank elizabell1
Wroclaw, Poland
“Great for business meeting”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Traveling to Germany I discovered this nice place with my business partner. Very authentic, good food.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Dario W
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
“Good pasta, Only 6 options of Desserts, Dirty Place with rats in the entrance”
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

We went there because of Trip Advisor, the restaurant really has a Good pasta, with not so many options to choose but good. In Brazil i am used to go to italian restaurants and they have lasagna and bolognesa that I dind not saw here. The first thing that was bad was the number of options of Desserts, only 6, but the second and worst thing is that it's a Dirty Place with rats in the entrance. When I went out of that, after having dinner I saw a Rat at the entrance. TERRIBLE! I can't believe the restaurant number 4 of Frankfurt on Trip Advisor has this problem. The Kitchen I saw before and it also seems to be dirty, so I would never come back again.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Marcelotavares
Matteo M, Inhaber at Trattoria i Siciliani, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Sir,

we are very sorry that you did not enjoy your visit in trattoria but I think that your review is very unfair!

First: we are Sicilian restaurant and we do not cook dishes from other parts from Italy ( like Spaghetti Bolognese which comes from Bologna:).
Having just a small menu ( 6 desserts in the card) means that everything is fresh.
Do not trust restaurants which have 20 kinds of desserts. I cannot believe taht they prepare everything daily...
You do not have understand these issuses BUT the writing about rats in the entrance is not fair or true.
Frankfurt is a very clean city and I have never seen here rats...
Our entrance and tables in the garden are OUTSIDE... We are not responsible for things in the street and cannot contol the cleaness of the whole street!
Our kitchen and restaurant is regulary controlled by Health inspectors and always clean. In Germany, dirty restaurants do not have permission to be open!!!

If you did not enjoy our food, this is ok for us, we respect your opinion BUT plese cancel in your review the opinion about the cleaness.

If you wish, you can visit us again and take a look how clean everything is, no problem.
Regards