I love the Rocco Forte concept: take an old building or buildings and turn them into a sophisticated modern hotel without any sense of anachronism. My husband and I have stayed here 3 times in the last year, twice in the last month, and the stays only get better. During the past year the restaurant has been renamed Gusto and become Italian. I think my husband would come here for the spaghetti alone!
The food is excellent. Good breakfast buffet with lots of fresh fruits, pineapple, berries, great mangoes! Eggs are cooked for you on request. Fresh orange juice is included in the buffet.
The staff are wonderful! Professional, friendly, helpful, and many with a good sense of humor. In the olden days German hotels used to have inflexible policies, but not here. We wanted smaller portions of the Wiener Schnitzel and we were given the children's portions. We also could order one ball of ice cream, which isn't on the menu. And the staff remember us and give personal service. And on our last 2 visits, our rooms weren't ready at check-in time, so we were given free tea or other drinks in the bar, very welcome after long train rides. And before we could finish them, the rooms were ready.
On all three visits we reserved a junior suite. Our first room was a huge one overlooking the courtyard, almost 2 rooms with a large chest and TV dividing the room in half. The second visit we were upgraded to a suite with a door that closed, #410. It was nice to be in a secluded corner with no rooms adjoining our bedroom but it did have an attic-like feel and the decor was not up to the other rooms. On our last visit we were upgraded to #253, a suite with lots of windows overlooking the courtyard. There are so many different rooms that it's hard to suggest the perfect room. Beware that the hotel prices rise when there's a major event in the city, even if the hotel isn't full. I gather this is standard practice in Frankfurt.
The pool is lovely, large and with less chlorine smell than many. Also there a very efficient path from check-in at the pool to the dressing room and directly out into the pool area.
Two suggestions to improve an almost perfect hotel:
1. When meals are served only in the courtyard in summer, please designate one area non-smoking. The courtyard is so large that it would be easy to do.
2. Paying 20 euros for internet access when the room costs so much that the additional charge feels like extortion. Please reconsider this policy.
We'll be back. Can't think of a German hotel we like as much except for the Rocco Forte hotel in Munich.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Kennedy, a Rocco Forte Hotel, is located on Kennedyallee, just off the south bank of the River Main. The luxury hotel is built around the existing Villa Speyer, which was constructed in 1901 and today provides a unique retreat from the bustle of the financial metropolis. The hotel has 163 bedrooms, including 36 suites, and also comprises Villa Kennedy's colonnaded Italian restaurant Gusto, the JFK bar as well as the 1000 sqm spa area. Business clients can benefit from seven meeting rooms, five of which inter-connect, for groups of 6 to 45 people. There is also a 330-sqm ballroom with its own entrance and a grand lobby. The ballroom can accommodate up to 330 persons and can be divided into two rooms. Two historical rooms provide the perfect venue for special occasions. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technology. Private parking is also available on site. Close to the hotel is Frankfurt's residential area, Sachsenhausen, with its bustling bars and restaurants. Furthermore Frankfurt's many museums are easily accessible. The Villa Kennedy is just a few minutes from Frankfurt's main train station and approximately 15 minutes from Frankfurt Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotel.de, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa Kennedy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.