“Far from being a 5 star hotel”
Review of Villa Kennedy

Villa Kennedy
Ranked #1 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Zurich
“Far from being a 5 star hotel”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Already the check-in was questionable. Taking the elevator up from the parking garage it was a little tricky to find the reception. After we got our key cards and decided to go to our room ourselves the receptionist explained the way through the south wing which lead us around the whole hotel building. I (being pregnant) was not amused at all when we found out that the way through the north wing was just one floor up behing the reception ...The room had no view which was ok. It was spacy and the interior style surely is a matter of taste but I found it quite outdated and without any style what so ever. No special design, no special materials. Furthermore the traces of time were obvious. A complete no go was the grossly dirty toilet brush ...
Before dinner we wanted to takes drinks in the courtyard. It took the waitress 20 Min to notice us. After another 15 minutes of waiting to finally order we left ...
The breakfast was good but nothing special. The only fancy thing was a real honey comb.
Over all the hotel is far too expensive for what you get. The service is average, the style a matter of taste and not even the location itself is very appealing. The name is misleading and we will not stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Ozlover1023
VillaKennedy2006, Manager at Villa Kennedy, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Dear guests,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Rocco Forte Villa Kennedy. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback might it be positive or negative. It is always a profit to have guests like you are.
We looked at the addressed problems together with our management team, please allow us to express our sincerest apologies. It goes without saying that this was not up to our normally standard and please rest assured that we have taken the appropriate measures to prevent such situations with other guests in future.
Please let us know when you are back in Frankfurt, we would be very grateful if we can look after you on your next stay. We will take this chance to show you the high level of hospitality we are so proud of delivering and offering at the Villa Kennedy.

Best wishes,

Georg Plesser

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Wantage, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I stayed here with my partner for a couple of night in July. I was hoping it would be excellent, but they just didn't quite deliver.

The checkin process was slick with a personal service that included being shown to the room. The room was nicely designed, but not huge. We disappointingly had to wait an hour for a bucket of ice.

We ate outside on the first night as the weather was very good, but they overcooked both steaks (medium should be pink) and we didn't feel the food quality matched the price - €14 for strawberries and cream!

We ate out the next night at a recommendation of the concierge who also made the reservation at Holbein's - its was very good.

I went to the gym on the last day which was very well equipped for a small hotel.

Liked : Design, Feel, Outdoor dining, Gym, great breakfast selcetion and helpful concierge
Dislikes : King bed being 2 singles with a noticeable join, average food and expensive wi-fi

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wg284
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Rocco Forte Villa Kennedy. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
I understand that you are not happy with the two King Size mattresses, therefore we offer a special bed connection option to our guests, please let us know on your next stay and our housekeeping team will pre pare this for you in advance.
Regarding the WIFI charge I am happy to tell you that we offer all our guests a free internet connection if they book over the Rocco Forte webside directly. We continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations; therefore your feedback is very important to us, it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Munich, Germany
Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

The hotel's contemporary design is quite nice, but the property comes across as anonymous and cool. This is not helped by the coolness-bordering-on-arrogance of many of the staff. Other disappointments included: noisy reception for a mid market car company which could be clearly heard in my room; a choice of 2 german language newspapers ar breakfast; low quality and expensive wifi; difficulty of getting a taxi; very warm room despite a/c.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank David011158
Dear guest,
thank you very much for choosing the Villa Kennedy during your stay at Frankfurt am Main and I do very much appreciate the time that you have taken to share your experience and feedback with us.
I am very sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express our sincere apologies for that. You are absolutely right that this is not a 5 star service you wish to experience. Please rest assured that I have shared your comments within our management team and that we are working hard on the mentioned areas we failed on this occasion.
It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again at the Villa Kennedy. Please feel free to contact me at any time to assist with any further bookings. I would be very happy to look after you in future.

Best regards

New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 June 2013

The hotel was rather interesting when compared to other European luxury hotels and Rocco Forte Hotels where I have stayed. The building is quite nice, the hallways and rooms being very attractive. The rooms are more contemporary and would not be considered to be of the five star quality of a Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton or even the Hotel de Russie in Rome. They are, however, comfortable.
What reduced my rating to an average rating from an above average rating were two considerations. Even though the temperature in Frankfurt was probably only in the mid 60s F, the room was very, very warm. We had to have the air conditioner checked, and even afterwards, it still did not cool down. The major issue was the restaurant. Both service, which was primarily nonexistent, and the food were well below par for a hotel that holds itself out as a five star. The service was absolutely terrible. No one seemed in charge, the waiters never came to check on the table and one had to get up to get a waiter for additional service. This has to be a management issue. Either they are not trained properly, or they do not care. The Italian food was mediocre at best.
Overall, what could be an exceptional hotel is just average. Although staff is pleasant once you can find someone to assist you, the service level is below what you would expect for this hotel. Perhaps they need to learn from some of the other RF European hotels. I wish them luck.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jcsuva79
VillaKennedy2006, Manager at Villa Kennedy, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you a lot for taking the trouble to write about your recent stay at our hotel.
I would like to take the opportunity to apologies for the inconvenience which caused during your stay regarding the air conditioning and the lake of service in our restaurant Gusto. I truly understand how you must feel and I am disconsolate and speechless about the lake of service and attitude of my colleagues. You are right a service like that should not be provided at all and is definitely not up to our normal standards we provide at Rocco Forte hotels. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures with our team to address the problems and prevent any future occurrences.
Please let me know when you are in Frankfurt again and I would like to welcome you back at the Villa Kennedy and look after you.

Yours sincerely

London
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We were fortunate enough to be upgraded to a suite for our stay and all I can say is WOW. It was our wedding night and we were treated to champagne on ice, strawberries dipped in chocolate and other extras that made this unforgettable. The room itself cost €1250 per night- extremely expensive and we would not have paid for the suite but for a standard room I think the cost is in relation to service/comfort. The building is stunning and the breakfast is the best I have ever had. We sat eating for hours it was good! Best hotel in Frankfurt!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SAMDD1982
Dear guests,

first of all CONGRATULATIONS on your wedding and all the best for your future together as a happy couple.
Your comments about your stay at Villa Kennedy are much appreciated and our team is encouraged by the lovely words. THANK YOU!
Please feel free to contact me at any time to assist with any further bookings with Rocco Forte hotels. I would be very happy to look after you in future.

Warmest regards,

Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 13 June 2013

The one thing that stands out about Villa Kennedy is probably the character of the building that houses the hotel. All else is somehow nice but then again not really special. The property is located around 15 min by taxi from the airport on the way to the center but then again not really central. It is in an impeccable condition so are the rooms, very clean and rather on the modern side design wise. My single room had an average size and was very quiet. Service is friendly. All in all it is a nice property but given the rate of 365 € that I paid I would have expected more. At least it should have included breakfast and Wifi. So I ended up paying an extra 34 € for a pretty average breakfast buffet and my request for a late check-out was also denied. So I'm not sure if I'm gonna stay at villa Kennedy again. There are probably better options in Frankfurt.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Mischa G
Dear guest,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Villa Kennedy. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback.

You are right, wireless internet is very important to our guests and business. Therefore we are happy to provide this service now free of charge, if you make your booking over our Rocco Forte webside.

I have also shared your comments with our kitchen chef and restaurant manager regarding the breakfast offer, please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to better our breakfast buffet offer.
I hope that you do not allow this incident to spoil your overall impression of the Villa Kennedy and to have the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel. We will take this chance to show you the high level of hospitality we are so proud of delivering and offering.

Your sincerely

Soltvadkert
Reviewed 8 June 2013

I spent a long weekend in May with my daughter together in the Villa Kennedy, which was my most beautiful trip ever! I have never been in such an amazing hotel before: the all staff was very kind, friendly and professional, not to mention the fabulous building itself. We were extremely warmly welcomed, and from the first moment we just felt like at home! Our room was really comfortable, perfectly cleaned and well-equipped with very high quality amenities. In the first day we explored Frankfurt. Walking on the river bank of the Main while enjoying the breath-taking skyline view, such a charmed city I just couldn't belive!!! What's more, the Villa offers free tickets for the Staedel Museum, what was great for us, as we had planned to visit it for a long time already. Thanks to the Concierge Team for the best tips, both of us immediately felt in love with Frankfurt!

The next evening we joined the JFK's BAR event. To be honest, firstly I was a bit hesitating about the party, because I hardly ever go out. Right after entering I recognized that it was a good decision of my daughter to take me to the party. It just suited to all ages, and honestly, can I wish anything better than a mother-daughter chit-chat evening at the most elegant party next to a delicious Blackberry Coctail prepared by the most charming Bar Team?!?!

I had been looking forward to Sunday the most, beacause we went to the Villa Spa then. How I had expected, it was really great! There was a huge swimming pool, a jacuzzi, sauna and steam room, and a relaxation lounge. Unfortunately, the weather was not perfect (the only not perfect thing...), so we couldn't enjoy the sun outside, but inside!

In the eveing we had a dinner in the Restaurant GUSTO. I loved the atmosphere and the whole staff coudn't do enough for us. I was extremely happy beacase of the season of the asparagus, it is a must in it's season, so delicious!

All in all, I was very pleased to spent that time in the Villa. The all weekend was just perfect and I can just recommend this hotel and wish to everyone to experience everything what I could with my doughter there. And once again: Thank you for the all Villa Staff for being our home for a short time, we won't ever forget it!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Dear guests,

thank you very much for choosing the Villa Kennedy during your recent stay in Frankfurt.

It is an absolute delight to read such lovely comments. That is exactly what we love our guest to feel. THANK YOU! It goes without saying that I am very proud of all of them!

I am very much looking forward to your next stay with us and remain with warmest regards from Frankfurt’s Villa Kennedy.

Yours sincerely