“Fantastic Stay”

Ranked #1 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Stay”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We arranged to stay at this hotel for three nights. We booked two rooms overlooking the courtyard. This was a combined celebration of a Birthday and my son obtaining his A level results.
Checkin was quick and efficient, the rooms were clean, spacious and quiet. We were met with complimentary bottle of local wine in both rooms.
Breakfast was taken in the courtyard, with a plentiful supply on the buffet, the waitresses glided around the restaurant and courtyard quietly and professionally. The staff referred to us by our names.
The swimming pool and health suite, was clean and fully equipped, a quiet chill out zone with fresh fruit ,fruit tea and music was a welcoming break.
Easy access to town, all within walking distance, taxi or tram.
A fully enjoyable experience, one of which we will repeat.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Timkimber
VillaKennedy2006, General Manager at Villa Kennedy, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Dear Traveler,

belated happy birthday and congratulations for your son for his A level results!

Making these celebrations even more special for you has been a pleasure for us and we are absolutly happy that you had such a enjoyable stay at Villa Kennedy. Thank you very much for your feedback.

We would be more than happy to welcome you back in the future, I happiliy will assist you with your booking.

Kind regards to UK,

Georg Plesser

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for one night on our way back home. The hotel is very elegant, and is not far from the airport. Check in was smooth and we were made to feel very welcome, the receptionist accompanying us to our room to show us around. Our luggage was also promptly delivered. We had booked a junior suite which had a nice view over the inner courtyard( I couldn't tell if they had one way glass or not) but the windows seemed to be soundproofed. The suite was quite large as was the bathroom, which had every modern convenience and very nice toiletries. The bed was also very comfortable, but alas the king bed was just two beds pushed together, and I have yet to come across a hotel in Europe that gives you a normal king sized bed. The air conditioning system blows cold and quiet, however in order to turn the temperature down more than two degrees, you have to call the reception to do it for you which seemed a little strange.
We went down to try the hotel restaurant, Gusto, which was really good. It was quite busy when we arrived but they managed to find us a table outside, which is really where you begin to soak in the beauty of this property. It was a beautiful night, with beautiful food and great wine. I thoroughly enjoyed everything we ordered. The staff were very helpful and friendly, but the service could best be described as "leisurely".
We had breakfast the next day where you have a nice buffet and additional items on the a la carte menu, also included in the price of the buffet. The wifi was awesome! Finally fast Internet in a hotel! It was a welcome relief to download my attachments in my email quickly and efficiently.
Overall all the staff whom we interacted with were very friendly and nice. I didn't leave the hotel so I cannot say what shopping/restaurants etc.. are nearby. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Tmahmoud
Dear guest,

thank you very much for choosing the Villa Kennedy for you recent stay in Frankfurt and for sharing your wonderful feedback with other travellers.

It is always a delight having guests like you! I am absoluetly glad that we have been able to meet your expectations and we take very much pride in your satisfaction. Sharing your fantastic comment with my team was a real pleasure for me!

Welcoming you back at Villa Kennedy in the future would be a honor for us. Please do not hesitate and contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Warmest regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We stayed for 2 nights. I booked after getting it recommended and I am absolutely amazed. I booked it in connection for a business trip with an attached private night. I was first not sure as the prices are a bit hefty, but thought its worth spending a bit extra to relax a bit from some very busy months. We arrived quite late as I came straight from London and then worked all day until checking in. Despite being late in the evening there was still plenty of staff at the front desk and we got escorted to our room and explained all amenities on the room. The room was very spacious with an absolute huge bed. King size in Germany is such a difference to what they call king size here in London! The bar and terrace was buzzing in the evening which is quite nice. I was sleeping so well I would love to take the bed home. Breakfast buffet was great! I like the fact you have to order most of the warm things as its done fresh for you and not some soggy egg from a bowl. Highlight of the breakfast was having the actor Jack Black with his rockband sitting next to us. Apparently he played at some festival close by in the evening. The Bayern Munich football team was also in the hotel but we don't saw much of them, only in the lift back to the room. We don't like them much anyway at the moment as they will play against Chelsea end of August. After breakfast I had to work again but my other half enjoyed Frankfurt and said it was only a 5 minute walk to the river, and another 10 minutes to the city. Next morning we had to check out but asked for a tour of the spa before we left. It looks very nice with a nice pool and amazing gym. Shame I had no time using it. Need to bring gym clothes next time. We will be definitely back! Staff was always super friendly, especially at the reception and the design of the rooms is so nice.

Room Tip: The rooms to the inner courtyard are nice for piece and quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
VillaKennedy2006, General Manager at Villa Kennedy, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Dear traveler,

we are absolutely amazed by your fantastic feedback. The time of sharing your opinion about your stay at Villa Kennedy is very much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time.

It is an authentic delight receiving your comments and I was more than glad to share you wonderful words with my team. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Villa Kennedy and that you had such a relaxing sleep in our king-size bed! Your feedback is a reward for the whole team and a huge motivation to get even better. THANK YOU!

We would be more than happy to welcome you again at Villa Kennedy when you are staying next time in Frankfurt. Please do not hesitate and contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Best wishes,

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We just spent 3 glorious nights at this hotel. It is absolutely fantastic. The staff is the friendliest and most helpful hotel staff we have ever encountered in our 40 years of travel. George and Alice at the concierge desk were extremely knowledgeable about the city and gave us excellent directions and recommendations for things to do and see in the city.
The rooms are beautiful. Spotless, excellent bed, very high quality sheets. The hotel has DVD's you can take to you room which our daughter enjoyed at night. The breakfast is delicious and we thought the service in the restaurant was excellent. The outside terrace has comfortable chairs and a relaxing fountain. Excellent location within walking distance of many museums and a quick drive to the airport.
We stayed here at the end of a 12 day trip through Scandinavia and it was a relaxing respite and our favorite part of the trip. My daughter and I had the best facials from Katarina and the spa facility is terrific.
We only stay at luxury hotels when we travel and this is now our favorite hotel in the world. If you find yourself in Frankfurt splurge and stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank HotelExpert224
Dear family,

it has been a real delight to receive your terrific feedback via different channels. Thank you very much for sharing your impressions about Villa Kennedy with other travelers.

One more time it was a pleasure to share your comments, especially for the ones, personally mentioned. We are more than glad that all your expectations has been mad and it is an absolutely pride to be "your favorite hotel in the world"!!!

Thank you one more time for your wonderful world! We would love to welcome you again at Villa Kennedy, if you are staying again in Frankfurt in the future. Please do not hesitate and contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Warmest wishes to Texas,

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We stayed for four nights with another couple in the midst of a European heat wave. Consequently the pool and spa were a wonderful way to relax and cool down after full days of sightseeing, walking and shopping. The air conditioning was excellent and the rooms were a very comfortable haven in which to relax. The staff were always helpful and efficient and were able to suggest places to eat outside the hotel. We had a lovely dinner in the garden restaurant on one evening. Breakfasts were excellent with a wide variety of both hot and cold dishes. We were reminded to ask for anything we may like and that they would cook it for us. One of our group can only eat egg whites and so a white omelet was prepared with no fuss. The white sausages were also a hit.
The hotel is a little further out of the main town, but still only a 10-15 walk from the main train station. It is situated in a much quieter and very pretty and safe area, just over the river, with a number of trams passing very close to the hotel. Also, it is only a 15 drive from the airport with the road there going straight past the hotel's front door.
All in all, a lovely hotel and we would be pleased to stay there again.
Tip- we booked directly on the website and had breakfast, wifi and a larger deluxe room included in the package. This made the package better value, although it is still not a cheap hotel, particularly in the middle of summer. We also followed up with a phone call to a very helpful lady called Claudia, who ensured that everything was ready for our stay.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the courtyard were lovely.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear traveler,

thank you very much for your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay at Villa Kennedy. The time of sharing your opinion is very much appreciated.

It has been a pleasure to read your kind words, and sharing your impressions with my team was a real delight. We are more than glad, that we have been able to meet your expectations and that your experience has been so wonderful. It is a pleasure to have guests like you!

If you are planing another trip to Frankfurt, we would be more than glad to welcome you back at Villa Kennedy. Please contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Warm wishes to Melbourne,

Greenwich, Connecticut
Reviewed 17 August 2013

After staying at the wonderful sister property in Berlin, I was expecting a comparable experience at the Villa Kennedy in Frankfurt. Alas, it did not live up to my expectations, nor the standards we experienced in Berlin. While it is a beautiful property, the location is not central and the service disappointed us a few times. Specifically, upon our arrival, we had hoped to grab a quick lunch, but it dragged on because of very slow service. We found the same issue at breakfast when we sought to order from the menu. They also botched orders. The guidance we received from the concierge desk was not as professional as we might have expected. Kudos however to the bar staff, especially barman Ivan, who is an artist at mixing drinks. And there is a terrific spa and pool.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
VillaKennedy2006, Manager at Villa Kennedy, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Dear visitor,

Thank you very much for choosing the Villa Kennedy for your recent stay in Frankfurt. It is a pleasure to receive feedback might it be praise or criticism. Your time is very much appreciated.

I am very sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations in every detail. Please allow me to express our apologies for that. I have already spoken with my team who served you during your stay. We absolutely agree, even in busy times we need to offer the excellent and smooth working service our guests are expecting.

I hope that you do not allow these incidents to spoil your overall impression of the Villa Kennedy and to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Villa Kennedy.

Please feel free to contact me personally if I can be of any assistance to you in the future.

Warmest regards,

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We usually have stayed right on the Maine but friends who lived in Franfurt recommended Villa Kennedy to us. The terrace restaurant was excellent food and service wise. There is a lovely pool and sun garden and gym. The staff were most helpful....it is a very smart hotel.....and close to the river and main attractions. In summer it would be my choice

Room Tip: We were only there one night.....and had a very comfortable room...quite large but there are some wi...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback regarding your stay at Villa Kennedy. The time of sharing your impressions is very much appreciated.

It has been an honor to share your comments with my team and we are absolutely delighted that your experience has been so positive.

We would me more than happy to welcome you again in the near future. Please contact me personally if I can be of any assistance.