“good, but not up to the expectations”
Review of Villa Kennedy

Villa Kennedy
Ranked #2 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“good, but not up to the expectations”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Firstly, it is a good gotel. However, to be no. 1 hotel in Frankfurt I have expected much more.
The room was a bit worn, the shower was leaking and the shower cabin has had a baad smell of the sewers. The bed is very good quality. The room has no coffe machine/kettle.

The staff is very nice and helpful.

The breakfast is good, although the choice is limited as compared to other hotels in this quality in Frankfurt. The pool is very nice, but again, I have seen better pools in Frankfurt.

So, all in all., I have been mostly disappointed with the room and happy with everything else.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank sergej s
RFHVillaKennedy, General Manager at Villa Kennedy, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for kindly sharing your feedback about your stay at Villa Kennedy. Your time and opinion is very much appreciated.

I was very glad to read that you enjoyed the main part of your stay, however I am very sorry that we have not been able to meet your expectations in every details. Regarding the problems of your room I would like to express my sincere apologies. Please rest assured that this does not meet our standards and I already have informed the responsible departments in order to get everything fixed.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back at Villa Kennedy or any of our Rocco Forte Hotels and I kindly would like to invite you to contact me at any time in order to assist you with future booking.

With all the best wishes,

Georg Plesser

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 11 November 2013

On a recent trip to Asia & Europe we found ourselves with 2 'forced' overnights in Frankfurt. First was flying in from Singapore – arriving late (and exhausted) around 11:00pm so we booked the airport Sheraton that night. The Sheraton was ‘fine’. The end of our trip we came into Frankfurt mid-afternoon and booked (with our travel agent's suggestion) the "Luxury Layover Package" At Villa Kennedy and we just loved it. The hotel is stunning. Everyone we encountered was so friendly and gracious. The room was beautiful! We had massages - which were great. The bartender in the bar made a ‘perfect’ martini – and it was quite a show watching him make it (I will have to try this at home!). Dinner was honestly the best meal we had in our 2 week – 5 country trip (and we stayed at some very nice properties). Lastly the lady on the piano at the bar (Stefanie Hoevel) was so talented we had to sit and have ANOTHER glass of wine to enjoy her after dinner! The hotel was an A+++ The best part - The Layover Package was about the SAME price as the Sheraton room - and it included room, transfers, massage, & dinner too!

1 Thank Peter L
RFHVillaKennedy, General Manager at Villa Kennedy, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear guests,

My sincere Thanks for posting this fantastic comment about your stay at Villa Kennedy and our "Luxury Layover Package".

It was a real delight to share your bunch of compliments with my team, all eyes were sparkling with joy!!! We are very glad you had the most enjoyable stay and a relaxing and luxury layover!

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at Villa Kennedy. Our bartender would love to discuss with you the steps of how to prepare the perfect martini!

Please do note hesitate and contact me at any time.

Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I realize that this hotel is a bit pricey, and if I wasn't on business I couldn't possibly afford such a grand hotel. However, if you're in need of a concierge staff that is knowledgeable, helpful, and eager to help you've come to the perfect place. The entire staff is full of engaging and competent individuals that will blow you away with their eagerness to help. Thank you so much for making my special dinner an absolute success! A special thanks to Ellis and Ramona for their patience and resourcefulness.

1 Thank DSharpe76
VillaKennedy2006, Geschäftsführer at Villa Kennedy, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear Guest

Your time to post about your stay at the Villa Kennedy is very much appreciated. Thank you very much for sharing your opinion.

It is great to read for us that you felt well taken care of and your expectation had been met. Please feel free to contact us if there is anything we can do to make your next stay even more comfortable. It will be real pleasure to arrange that for you.

Whenever you are back in Frankfurt, it would be a real pleasure to welcome you again at Villa Kennedy.

Warmest wishes to New Jersey,

Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Chosen purely from it's Trip Adviser ranking and it delivered on all counts. It is luxury and really we could not find a fault. It is close equally to the airport and city. Good room size and nice meals.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank glenda f
Dear family,

For your bunch of compliments I would like to thank you very much! It is a real delight to receive such positive feedback and do very much appreciate the time you have taken to share it.

If there is anything we could do to make your next stay even more comfortable, please feel free to contact us at any time!

It was a great pleasure for us to be your host and I hope this was one of many more
stays within the Rocco Forte Hotels.

I am very much looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future and
wish you a wonderful winter and Christmas time.

Hong Kong
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Great hotel, comfy room, excellent Italian restaurant. After our experience at The Regent at Berlin, this hotel just knock it out of the park. The staffs are very friendly, the concierge is very knowledgeable. The room is big and comfortable. Located at the other side of the river, yet it is near and convenient to go to the center of the city...

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear guests,

On behalf of the entire team I would like to thank you for sharing your impressions about your stay at Villa Kennedy with other travellers.

Reading you kind words was a real delight and your satisfaction is a real compliment for me and my team.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you again at Villa Kennedy during your next stay in Frankfurt. Until then we wish you all the best. Please feel free to contact us at any time if you need any assistance.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 2 days for business in October 2013. Hotel is close to the airport but not well located for wandering around although easy to get taxis. Rooms were excellent, very well decorated and equipped with nice bathrooms and very comfortable beds. Major areas for improvement in my view include a nice spa but fitness room lacks equipment and it only opens at 6.30am so a mad rush at that time. Also, the service in the restaurant for breakfast was far too slow. I was the only person in the restaurant and ordered some eggs which even though nobody else was in the restaurant for the whole time I was waiting had still not arrived within 20 minutes. I gave up and left. I heard the same complaint from others. Finally 20 euros per 24 hours for internet access is unacceptable nowadays.

2 Thank humean
VillaKennedy2006, Geschäftsführer at Villa Kennedy, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
Dear traveller,

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion about your stay at Villa Kennedy on Tripadvisor. Since we are striving for perfection your feedback, might it be positive or negative, is very much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time.

Even though I take pride in your satisfaction about the rooms and it is great you enjoyed the comfort of our beds, I am very sorry, that we have not been able to meet your expectations in every detail. Please accept my sincere apologies for the slow restaurant service you experienced, I already have shared your comments with the restaurant manager in order to avoid future occurences. Regarding the internet I am very glad to tell you, that we have revised our internet policy, offering a more customer based solution since the 1st of November.

It would be a delight to welcome you back at Villa Kennedy in the near future. Please feel free to contact me at any time, if I can be of any assistance.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stayed here for a night last December and was just in awe of the hotel. The whole building was beautifully decorated in Christmas décor. We arrived by a short cab ride from the train station and check-in was very quick. The room was very spacious and the bathroom was large enough to do multiple backflips in. I may have taken a longer shower than humanly necessary but I regret nothing. We were able to walk to the Christmas market though it is a decent walk. Our room faced the courtyard and the hugely lit Christmas tree, talk about peace and quiet. On the morning of our departure we ate at the restaurant and the buffet spread left nothing to be desired except maybe a larger stomach. The cab ride to the airport must have taken less than 15 min. If it was up to me and my wallet I would not hesitate to stay here again!

Room Tip: Choose a courtyard facing room for a more quiet sleep.