From the very first contact with the hotel by email I was impressed by how helpful the staff were. I explained my reasons for wanting to visit and they recommended the lazy weekend package. This included full use of the spa, breakfast and a very late check out on the Sunday at 3pm. When we arrived in a taxi the doorman rushed forward to welcome us, we knew at this point it was going to be good. The check in process was smooth, efficient and friendly. Everything was explained to us and we were shown to the lifts.
Our room was spacious, functional and contained all we needed. I get the impression the hotel is aimed mainly at the business sector though. The bed was huge with good quality linen. Complimentary fruit and chocolate were a nice touch. The bathroom was very impressive especially the shower. Not much of view from the room but it didn't bother us.
The spa is beautiful, spotlessly clean and very relaxing. Towels, water and fruit are all on offer too. Yoga studio was a welcome addition and very well received by my partner. You could easily spend a whole day just relaxing here, it was a shame we didn't have more time.
The concierge and doorman were especially helpful in showing us how to get to the city centre as well as hailing us a cab in super quick time. The doorman even used my name which was impressive considering they have 150+ rooms.
Breakfast on the weekend runs until 2:30pm so we sauntered down about 1:30pm. They sat us on a large table near to the buffet. The buffet itself is by far, the best spread I have ever seen in a hotel. So much choice, there was something for everyone especially my partner who is a vegetarian, she was very impressed. We even found a bottle of Prosecco on the buffet so indulged in a glass. There was so much I wanted to try but didn't have any more space. The set honey was amazing, something we have never seen on a buffet before.
Throughout our entire stay the staff were amazing, it really was 5 star service. I would recommend to anyone coming for leisure that you arrive as early as you can to take full advantage of the spa facilities.
There was some very tiny niggles but when you pay this price you expect everything to be perfect.
- Bathroom pedal bin didn't work
- Internet on TV didn't work
- Lift operation with our key card was temperamental
- No tea and coffee making facilities in our room
This certainly didn't detract from our stay but I feel its worth mentioning. Overall, an expensive hotel but you get what you pay for. I would certainly return, if only to take full advantage of the spa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Kennedy, a Rocco Forte Hotel, is located on Kennedyallee, just off the south bank of the River Main. The luxury hotel is built around the existing Villa Speyer, which was constructed in 1901 and today provides a unique retreat from the bustle of the financial metropolis. The hotel has 163 bedrooms, including 36 suites, and also comprises Villa Kennedy's colonnaded Italian restaurant Gusto, the JFK bar as well as the 1000 sqm spa area. Business clients can benefit from seven meeting rooms, five of which inter-connect, for groups of 6 to 45 people. There is also a 330-sqm ballroom with its own entrance and a grand lobby. The ballroom can accommodate up to 330 persons and can be divided into two rooms. Two historical rooms provide the perfect venue for special occasions. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technology. Private parking is also available on site. Close to the hotel is Frankfurt's residential area, Sachsenhausen, with its bustling bars and restaurants. Furthermore Frankfurt's many museums are easily accessible. The Villa Kennedy is just a few minutes from Frankfurt's main train station and approximately 15 minutes from Frankfurt Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Nozio Netplan srl, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Villa Kennedy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.