“Luxury Layover - the name says it all!”
Review of Villa Kennedy

Villa Kennedy
Ranked #2 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Toronto, Canada
“Luxury Layover - the name says it all!”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My husband and I spent the day at Villa Kennedy in Frankfurt on their luxury layover package. I would highly recommend it! We arrived before lunch after an overnight flight from North America and stayed until 8pm when we left for the airport to catch a flight to Africa. It was the perfect way to start our vacation and get on our 11hr flight feeling rejuvenated and ready to sit still for a long time. We had a delicious lunch at Gusto (high end Italian food) with great service, then went down to the gym for a workout, amazing massage by Magda, and relaxation time by the indoor pool, hot tub, sauna etc. we bought a package with a room but I believe they are also offered without the room. You may have to email the concierge to get the packages emailed to you. I don't remember them being on the website. The package is not inexpensive, 400 euros, but I felt it was great value for people like us on such a long trip. Especially when you compare it to the cost of flying economy vs business class. The package includes 1, 30min massage/person, 1 credit for 85euros at the restaurant + a room and return taxi fare to and from the airport (paid on arrival at hotel by the bellman and then again by the concierge before you leave). We will definitely make

• Stayed February 2014
RFHVillaKennedy, General Manager at Villa Kennedy, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear Katie P,

My sincere thanks for posting this fantastic feedback regarding Villa Kennedy „LUXURY LAYOVER PACKAGE“. Your comment was absolutely lovely to read and we do appreciate your time very much.

I was very glad to read that you and your husband had the most enjoyable stayover at Villa Kennedy and that we have been able to provide you some relaxing and indulging moments during your short stay in Frankfurt. It will be a pleasure to share your kind word with my team, especially with Magda!

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcome you back at Villa Kennedy. Please feel free to contact me at any time!

Kind regards,

Georg Plesser

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 24 February 2014

A lot of good things could be said about Villa Kennedy -- if only the hotel had been more truthful to its guests in its marketing of the hotel. You are promised a 5* hotel and charged for that standard but the rooms offered would struggle to even meet a 4* rating.

Here is a quick run-down of what I found in my executive suite:

-- Poorly lit and dark rooms with worn down furniture and fixtures and no hint of the professional touches of a reputable interior designer. The most accurate words to describe it would be: cheap and clumsy.

-- Tiny and outdated TVs (first generation flat screens) and antiquated movie-on-demand system with a very limited selection of movies.

-- Clumpy and outdated phones (think: Russian military 1980's style that double down as a weapon, if you need to throw them at your enemies)

-- Slow and expensive WIFI (there is a free option that is even slower…)

-- Poor sound isolation (you can easily overhear guests talking in the hallway even inside a 60 sqm suite).

-- Cheap stationary (left almost empty).

-- Limited room service menu bereft of healthy choices (think: cholesterol heaven)

In brief: Villa Kennedy has very pleasant communal spaces and a welcoming staff but is clearly not a 5* hotel once you arrive in your room/suite. I was upgraded from a junior suite to an executive suite but I will not be coming back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
7 Thank JEM M
RFHVillaKennedy, General Manager at Villa Kennedy, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your time of sharing your impression about your stay at Villa Kennedy. We do appreciate your time and opinion very much might it be positive or negative.

Even though I was very glad to hear you consider our public areas to be pleasant and our staff to be welcoming I am very sorry to learn about your disappointment about your room. Please rest assured that I have forwarded your comments to the management team and technical service. Regarding the television I am glad to tell you, that most of them already have been replaced and the remaining rooms will be done within the next weeks.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back at Villa Kennedy and show you that we continuously are striving for improving our service and our product in order to provide the most enjoyable stay to all our guests. Please feel free to contact me at any time.

Kind regards to Oslo,

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Villa Kennedy is on the Sachsenhausen side of the River Main, across from the high rise towers and buildings that constitute Frankfurt’s skyline. You can get to the financial district and to the Messe is less than 10 minutes by tram while enjoying a little rus in urbe seclusion slightly south of the river. Completed 110 years ago in 1904 and named Villa Speyer after its wealthy Jewish owner, the original building quickly evolved from a neo-gothic private residence into the Max Planck Institute of Biophysics. Eventually, in 2003, it underwent significant development which saw the addition of 3 wings and an internal courtyard terrace brilliantly conceptualised by the award winning architect Dimitri Porphyrios.

Villa Kennedy 2Externally it presents as a single seamless period piece, new matching old with architectural precision and visual perfection. Internally it’s a highly efficient contemporary hotel with a 1000sqm spa, 326sqm ballroom and 163 guest rooms which bear the “simple luxury” hallmark of Olga Polizzi, interiors expert at Rocco Forte Hotels. Entry level guest rooms are a minimum of 35sqm – amongst the biggest in Frankfurt – and are magnificently appointed in muted tones and textures with original black and white photographic art pieces by Manuela Hofer. Warm timber floors in dark oak are a bridge into the sanctuary of your guest room, a beautifully configured uncluttered space that balances functionality and aesthetics. Above the corner couch landscapes by painter Heike Negenborn transport you further away from the unswerving speed of life in the fast lane.

- See more at: http://padraicino.com/2013/05/30/villa-kennedy-rus-in-urbe-seclusion-in-frankfurt/#sthash.7EV6OkOb.dpuf

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Padraicino
Dear Padraicino,

This is truly one of the most special comments we have ever received – it perfectly could fit in our Villa Kennedy hotel brochure. Thank you very much for your time, we do appreciate your effort very much!

We are very glad to hear you had the most enjoyable stay at Villa Kennedy and we are very much looking forward to the pleasure of welcome you back.

Please feel free to contact me at any time, if I can be of any assistance to you in the future.

Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Typical German understatement, excellent facilities, superb restaurant world class service, this hotel has an excellent reputation which I cannot fault, everything that any one would want from a hotel, need I say anymore this is an exceptional hotel it gets my full recommendation I am looking forward to my next visit already.......

Room Tip: If driving then look out for the entrance it is immediately after the road junction and traffic ligh...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Seayeaitch
RFHVillaKennedy, General Manager at Villa Kennedy, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear guest,

My sincere thank for this fantastic comment about your stay at Villa Kennedy!

It was an entire pleasure to read this bunch of compliments and as it will be to welcome you back in the near future.

Please be assured that I have shared your feedback within the team and we all take very much pride in your satisfaction.

Best wishes to UK,

Sofia
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I have stayed there several times for different purposes - alone, on business, with my spouse, with the kids... Each time both the accommodation and the service were impeccable - except for one guy from the front desk, which was making everything incredibly difficult or just the opposite of what expected. The concierges on the contrary were utmost helpful and intuitive. The property is great, a little away from the busy city centre, a short walk from the river, an excellent retreat after a crazy day.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Milena P
Dear Milena P,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback, which has been gratefully received.

It was a pleasure to read that you have visited Villa Kennedy already several times and that you and your family enjoyed the stays. Considering our service and accommodation is a huge compliment for us I will be more than glad to share with my team, especially with our concierges.

Regarding the lack of service experienced by one of our front desk employees I would like to express my sincere apologies and I kindly would like to invite you to share some more information with my assistant Miss Luther jluther@roccofortehotels.com, in order to allow a correct follow up and prevent future occurrences.

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at Villa Kennedy in the near future.

kuwait
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

This is my third stay in the Villa Kennedy hotel , and every time I enjoy my stay and think of coming back again.
I travelled with my mother and two sisters and arrived very early to the hotel, they managed to give us one room very early around 8:00 which we really need it .
The property is amazing with the fabulous court yard, the rooms are magnificent with the unique touches of the Rocco Forte .
The breakfast is not to be missed.
The staff ( all ) really make you love the place.
Although I checked in during an ongoing conference in the hotel which was fully booked, we didn't feel crowed or inconvenience during our stay.
I had a wonderful upgrade as a leading hotel member which the hotel really recognize .
The only draw back of this hotel that it is away from shops, market, and attractions. You need a car if you staying in this hotel. This could be an advantage.
Many thanks to Villa Kennedy for a lovely stay in Frankfurt.

Stayed January 2014
RFHVillaKennedy, General Manager at Villa Kennedy, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear Rasheed_a

Thank you very much for kindly posting this lovely comment, which has been gratefully received. Your time is very much appreciated.

It was a pleasure to read about your families and your satisfaction and I am glad you had the most enjoyable stay with us. Your feedback already has been passed on to the team and we all take very much pride in your praises.

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at Villa Kennedy or any of our Rocco Forte sister hotels. Please feel free to contact us at any time!

Warmest wishes to Kuwait,

Bern, Switzerland
Reviewed 31 January 2014

perfect place to relax!!! clean and very good rooms
warm and with god taste..staff amazing and help you with what you need..maps and direction are very good..Thank you Kennedy :)
Good job.............

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
RFHVillaKennedy, General Manager at Villa Kennedy, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear Daniela P,

Thank you very much for your fantastic feedback which has been gratefully received.
It was a pleasure to learn about your satisfaction and we take very much pride in your praises regarding our rooms and staff!

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcome you back at Villa Kennedy. Please feel free to contact us at any time, if we can be of any assistance to you in future.
All the best wishes to Switzerland,