“Very nice place stay in Frankfurt”
Review of Villa Kennedy

Villa Kennedy
Ranked #2 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Edwards, Colorado
“Very nice place stay in Frankfurt”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay at Villa Kennedy. The concierge is what really makes it special along with the front door and reception desk staff. The room was nice and larger than most in European destinations. It was not with out it's quirkiness though and I found that it was not as kept up as I would prefer. Things seemed a little dinged up and not polished up, a little touch up and all would be well. Anyhow, the room was comfortable and overall clean. The exterior of the hotel and common areas are nicely done and appointed. The restaurant was good and worth eating at but it was not amazing or unique. The spa and pool area were very nice and relaxing. The spa staff was great and my spa service was top notch. Location was great for us as we enjoyed walking to near by museums and the river. My husband was also able to easily catch the train to the convention he was attending one day.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
RFHVillaKennedy, Guest Relations Manager at Villa Kennedy, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Jennifer,

Thank you very much for taking the time of sharing your opinion about your recent stay at Villa Kennedy. We do appreciate your feedback very much.

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Villa Kennedy and will certainly share your impressions with the team who took such good care of you.
But I am sorry to read that your room didn't meet your expectations 100% as we are constantly trying to keep our rooms polished and up to date by renovating and painting them.

I am looking forward to welcome you back at Villa Kennedy and to pamper you again in a beautiful room and hotel.

With kind regards,

Britta Liepold

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Salzburg, Austria
Reviewed 26 June 2014

A world of contradictions

This is a bit of a strange hotel located on one of the main roads into the city and while only about 2.3km from the city centre requires a 30min walk or a taxi ride to get to the action. We arrived mid morning for a conference and obviously had to wait for the rooms to become available but when inquiring at 13:30 we were brusquely told “you only have a right to your room as of 2pm”. Jawohl, Frau.
To start with the best: the breakfast (or lunch/dinner) location in the courtyard on a sunny day is an absolute delight. The breakfast buffet offers a reasonable selection of the usual savouries. However, the scrambled eggs in the hot-dish are made out of pre-mix, which should be an absolute no-no in a hotel which claims to be 5-star!
The rooms (at least mine) was spacious, quiet and being on the top (4th) floor overlooking the courtyard very bright, a welcome change to the rather dark corridor. As mentioned by others, these advantages unfortunately come at the cost of looking into quite a number of rooms below and across of you (and vice versa), thus the curtain comes down and the brightness and view are gone. Why don't they provide lace curtains?
The bathroom has a bathtub (with a rather strange mosaic above it) and a separate shower, which lets you guess if setting 1 or 2 is the handheld shower or the one above to drench you... There was NO HANDSOAP provided as they had just RUN OUT OF IT!
The Internet connection is very good, but costs you Euro 20, a common practice in Germany, but for me a deduction of at least one rating star!
They do have a very nice conference room on the ground floor with huge ceilings and plenty of windows, but terrible acoustics, or the standard modern facilities downstairs.
Given the many hotel choices one has in Frankfurt you thus may well go somewhere else unless you need to add to your Rocco Forte Points.

Room Tip: Despite the disadvantages the 4th floor non-smoking rooms over the court yard are still better....
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MJN
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time of sharing your opinion about your stay at Villa Kennedy. We do appreciate your feedback very much.

I was delighted to read your good scores, but I am very sorry that we have not been able to meet your expectations in every detail.
I will discuss all the mentioned points with our head of departements in order to improve ourselves.
I would be very thankful if you could give us a second chance to convince you of your service and would love to welcome you back at Villa Kennedy.

With kind regards,

Munich, Germany
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I am not prone to exuberant outbursts, but this hotel deserves highest praises. Starting with the warm welcome and ending with a perfect handling of check-out, the staff of this hotel are friendly, competent and always helpful in every way you would wish.
I enjoyed a junior suite and the furnishing and amenities are top of the line, with a large bathroom that really gives you space to move about. It is only the second time I enjoyed a stay at a Rocco Forte location, but this experience will make sure I will first see if there is a Rocco Forte at whichever city I travel to next.

Room Tip: First floor rooms with the balconies are really very nice as you enjoy your little get away.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
RFHVillaKennedy, Guest Relations Manager at Villa Kennedy, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear guest,

thank you very much for this excellent feedback.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and will certainly share your impressions with the team who took such good care of you, especially Alice and Dordije will be more than happy by your praises. We strive for guest satisfaction and appreciate any kind of feedback from our valued guests, as it inspires and motivates us to maintain the high level of service we aim to provide.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Villa Kennedy, or any of our sister Rocco Forte Hotels. Please feel free to contact me personally if I can be of any assistance to you in the future.

Warmest regards,

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Once again we found ourselves in a Rocco Forte Hotel, this time in Frankfurt. I must admit their penchant to detail and service is amazing. The hotel is elegant and contemporary with high ceilings and lots of space to breathe. Staff very well trained and willing to assist with directions, plans for the day, and reservations. Our room was waiting for us upon arrival and it was quiet and spacious.

I did not have a massage in the spa, yet I did enjoy a swim each morning in the pool. It is a lap pool and within a very architecturally pleasing space next to windows overlooking an outside patio area.

The location of the hotel is just outside of the center of town and views from the hotel are not of the sprawling architectural landscape of Frankfurt. For some this might be an issue, however it was quiet there and we walked everywhere seeing more than just the city center. I am only mentioning this because some prefer to be directly in the throws of activity, and we don't mind a 5-10 minute walk to the museums and the River Main.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mrs4gosh
RFHVillaKennedy, General Manager at Villa Kennedy, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear traveler,

Thank you very much for taking the time of sharing your impressions about your stay at Villa Kennedy.

We do appreciate your time very much and I was very delighted to read, that you had the most pleasant stay, enjoying our facilities and the surroundings of the hotel.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back in the future at Villa Kennedy or any of our Rocco Forte Sisterhotel. Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of any assistance to you in the future.

Warmest regards to Manchester,

San Diego, California
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Since we reside in the US but still come and visit friends and family in Frankfurt every summer we have been staying at Villa Kennedy for the last five years. The staff is wonderful and is always trying to make a stay special. The spa is a highlight for sure, the 90 min. massage by Jenni was probably the best I've ever had. The whole family raves about the breakfast buffet at Villa Kennedy year after year. Is it expensive? Yes, but this is a luxury hotel and they surely offer an amazing selection of quality food and attentive service. We frequent Four Seasons and Mandarin Oriental hotels as well and nowhere else have we found such an array of upscale breakfast items. Today, we sat outside in the courtyard and had the most amazing 3 course business lunch. What a steal for the quantity and quality food you are being offered! Friends of ours are currently staying at the Jumeirah hotel in town and after comparing the accommodations, food, and service we know that we will continue to stay at Villa Kennedy for years to come.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank alexanniemommy
Dear guest,

Wow, what a wonderful feedback! Thank you very much for sharing your opinion.

It was a pleasure to read, that you and your family have been visiting Villa Kennedy for the last five years and that you throughout have enjoyed the stays. Please be assured that I will share the bunch of compliments about staff, breakfast, business lunch and especially the massage within the whole team and I am sure, your words will made their eyes shine with pride!

We are already looking forward to welcome you back next year – please feel free to contact me at any time, if I can be of any assistance with future reservations.

Kind regards,

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Villa Kennedy was a great place for a last minute long weekend in Frankfurt. The hotel is spacious and comfortable. The look is new, modern and ties European feel with elegant American decor and feel. The desk and valet staff were very helpful and friendly. The courtyard is a wonderful place to spend and evening for outdoor dining and drinks (great Old Fashion) but unfortunately the service was a bit European, feeling understaffed with waiters that either had bad memories or felt entitled to let you wait long periods of time. Fortunately, there was great live lounge music in the courtyard that made all the waiting still pleasant.

We were upgraded from a Junior to a Classic suite which was greatly appreciated. The rooms were very clean, nicely furnished and the bathrooms were high quality first class bathrooms. I was very happy with the room and the hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Henry T
Dear Henry T,

My sincere thanks for posting this lovely comment about your recent stay at Villa Kennedy. Your time is very much appreciated!

It was an entire pleasure to read your kind feedback and I am very glad you had the most enjoyable stay. We take very much pride in your satisfaction!

Please accept our apologies for the slightly slow service at our JFK Bar!

Looking very much forward to the pleasure of be welcoming you back in the future!

All the best wishes,

General Mananger
washington
Reviewed 8 June 2014

It was an adequate stay: I am a bit confused with the over abundance of glorious reviews. It is a short drive from the Frankfurt airport, and about 15 minutes walk over a bridge from the train station.

There was a large conference going on and the staff had their attention focused on them. My room was adequate with a nice view of the court yard. However, the heater was on over drive and I could not turn down the thermostat. The front desk was very slow to respond; in fact, no response at all.

Had an over price dinner in the restaurant. The five course tasting menu was a disaster; it was much too salty and service quite slow. The breakfast spread was quite good and service was more attentive than the previous evening.

The villa Kennedy had a very business type feel to the hotel, and I would not have paid the price if I had known it is a Rocco Forte chain. Its sister property in Brussels had a bit more of elegant feel.

It was an adequate stay, safe, comfortable, but not much attention to detail or feel of luxury.

Room Tip: It is a Rocco Forte Chain.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank panam747
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time of sharing your impression about your stay at Villa Kennedy. We do appreciate your opinion very much.

I was very sorry to read, that we have not been able to meet your expectations, we definitely strive for providing our guests something more than an adequate stay! Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences – I already have forwarded your feedback the responsible head of departments.

We would be very glad to get another chance to show you that your experiences during your last stay did not meet our standards in any way and we aim for providing all our guests an exceptional stay.

Please feel free to contact me at any time personally, if I can be of any assistance to you in the future.

Kind regards to Washington,