Villa Kennedy
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$148
US$157
US$137
Travelocity
1,465 results
All reviewsrocco fortejfk barinner courtyardbeautiful propertyluxury hotelexcellent hotelminutes from the airportspa arearooms are largehotel restaurantcity centrestandard roombreakfast buffetbusiness tripchristmas marketbusiness hotelfrankfurt airport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I stayed at Villa Kennedy as part of a conference in May 2014, and I was impressed with the property and the staff. My room was well-appointed and squeaky-clean. I ordered room service a few times and always it was delicious and delivered promptly. Excellent location right near the river and within walking distance to many good restaurants. I'd definitely stay there again if I'm ever in Frankfurt.

I also enjoyed a wonderful manicure and pedicure in the hotel's spa. The therapist was absolutely lovely!

The only reason I can't give this hotel five stars is due to the breakfast service in the restaurant. The service was really mediocre at best, and the server was not attentive. Also, they seemed to expect that, if you ordered something from the a la carte breakfast menu, but it was featured also on the buffet, you were to go to the buffet and get it yourself. Some hotels do this and I have to admit, it drives me crazy. Not something I'd expect at such an upscale property.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
RFHVillaKennedy, Geschäftsführer at Villa Kennedy, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear Guest

I truly appreciate your time to share your Villa Kennedy experience. Thank you!

Although when I am delighted to read that you overall enjoyed your stay I wish to convince you with our service in all aspects. I am very sorry to hear about your experience at breakfast. We are relentless about getting better and your feedback helps make that happen.

Please feel free to contact me at any time for your future stays. I will be happy to assist and look forward to welcoming you back in the Villa Kennedy.

Kindest regards,

Georg Plesser

Reviewed 27 June 2014

This is what i would call a 5 star experience, the hotel is stunning with it's decor, the photos and painting are superb, the stuff are very helpfull and friendly, a true experience. i had dinner in their italian restarant and the food was honestly amazing, the waiter recommanded some dishes and i couldn't comment any further. Nice feel around the hotel over all. would definitly recommand and go back there if opportunity permits. Well done and keep up the good job.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jaouad S
RFHVillaKennedy, Guest Relations Manager at Villa Kennedy, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Jaouad,

thank you very much for your excellent review. I am delighted to read that you fully enjoyed your stay with us. We strive for guest satisfaction and appreciate any kind of feedback from our valued guests, as it inspires and motivates us to maintain the high level of service we aim to provide.

We hope you arrived safely back home by now and are looking forward to welcome you back at Villa Kennedy soon.

With the best regards,

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed her with my family on the end of our Europe trip. I had picked the hotel from the choices on American Express Vacations due to the high reviews I saw on trip advisor. We were very pleased with the choice. The rooms are large and very well done and the restaurant inside and outside courtyard are lovely. Breakfast was very good and the staff are very efficient and provide a first class experience. The hotel was full of bankers and lawyers having a meeting so we were definitely one of the few tourists there. The old part of Frankfurt is a relatively short walk along the river and over the bridge through a very nice upscale neighborhood. We would definitely put this hotel on our top 10 list and would stay here again if we ever return to Frankfurt.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BucketlistM

Dear guest,

thank you very much for very good review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and will certainly share your impressions with the team who took such good care of you. We strive for guest satisfaction and appreciate any kind of feedback from our valued guests, as it inspires and motivates us to maintain the high level of service we aim to provide.

We hope you will return to Frankfurt soon to stay at Villa Kennedy again.

With the best regards from Frankfurt,

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay at Villa Kennedy. The concierge is what really makes it special along with the front door and reception desk staff. The room was nice and larger than most in European destinations. It was not with out it's quirkiness though and I found that it was not as kept up as I would prefer. Things seemed a little dinged up and not polished up, a little touch up and all would be well. Anyhow, the room was comfortable and overall clean. The exterior of the hotel and common areas are nicely done and appointed. The restaurant was good and worth eating at but it was not amazing or unique. The spa and pool area were very nice and relaxing. The spa staff was great and my spa service was top notch. Location was great for us as we enjoyed walking to near by museums and the river. My husband was also able to easily catch the train to the convention he was attending one day.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you very much for taking the time of sharing your opinion about your recent stay at Villa Kennedy. We do appreciate your feedback very much.

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Villa Kennedy and will certainly share your impressions with the team who took such good care of you.
But I am sorry to read that your room didn't meet your expectations 100% as we are constantly trying to keep our rooms polished and up to date by renovating and painting them.

I am looking forward to welcome you back at Villa Kennedy and to pamper you again in a beautiful room and hotel.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 26 June 2014

A world of contradictions

This is a bit of a strange hotel located on one of the main roads into the city and while only about 2.3km from the city centre requires a 30min walk or a taxi ride to get to the action. We arrived mid morning for a conference and obviously had to wait for the rooms to become available but when inquiring at 13:30 we were brusquely told “you only have a right to your room as of 2pm”. Jawohl, Frau.
To start with the best: the breakfast (or lunch/dinner) location in the courtyard on a sunny day is an absolute delight. The breakfast buffet offers a reasonable selection of the usual savouries. However, the scrambled eggs in the hot-dish are made out of pre-mix, which should be an absolute no-no in a hotel which claims to be 5-star!
The rooms (at least mine) was spacious, quiet and being on the top (4th) floor overlooking the courtyard very bright, a welcome change to the rather dark corridor. As mentioned by others, these advantages unfortunately come at the cost of looking into quite a number of rooms below and across of you (and vice versa), thus the curtain comes down and the brightness and view are gone. Why don't they provide lace curtains?
The bathroom has a bathtub (with a rather strange mosaic above it) and a separate shower, which lets you guess if setting 1 or 2 is the handheld shower or the one above to drench you... There was NO HANDSOAP provided as they had just RUN OUT OF IT!
The Internet connection is very good, but costs you Euro 20, a common practice in Germany, but for me a deduction of at least one rating star!
They do have a very nice conference room on the ground floor with huge ceilings and plenty of windows, but terrible acoustics, or the standard modern facilities downstairs.
Given the many hotel choices one has in Frankfurt you thus may well go somewhere else unless you need to add to your Rocco Forte Points.

Room Tip: Despite the disadvantages the 4th floor non-smoking rooms over the court yard are still better....
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MJN

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time of sharing your opinion about your stay at Villa Kennedy. We do appreciate your feedback very much.

I was delighted to read your good scores, but I am very sorry that we have not been able to meet your expectations in every detail.
I will discuss all the mentioned points with our head of departements in order to improve ourselves.
I would be very thankful if you could give us a second chance to convince you of your service and would love to welcome you back at Villa Kennedy.

With kind regards,