“Nice, non-pretentious dinner”

Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sachsenhausen-Nord
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Friendly atmosfere and friendly stuff. Full on every evening, but I suspect with a lot of tourists.
Small prices. Be ready to share your table with others if your party is less than six people.

1  Thank rocksy25

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We liked the place, very cozy. the best sourkrout .Consider as a tourist that it's just cash...no credit card and It's a little bit out of the way..but It's worth it

1  Thank majopetite
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I saw many good reviews about this place ,so i decided to visit this restaurant during my business trip to Frankfurt.
It was monday , afternoon , so without problem i found free table.
I ordered pigs cheeks and beer.
Dish was very , very tasty , with smooth red wine sauce and
crispy spatzle.
As a drink i ordered traditional frankfurter apfelwine.
My next visit in Frankfurt will be have name Atschel!

3  Thank Malanese
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Atschel is one of the restaurants that made us love German cuisine. The schweinshaxe (pork knuckle) and schnitzel were absolutely fantastic and we definitely want to go there again if we'll be in Frankfurt!

We went to Atschel for a late lunch on a weekday during our stay in Frankfurt based on the good reviews in Tripadvisor. We hadn't eaten any schweinshaxe in the previous six days of our first Germany trip, so we wanna find a good place to try the schweinshaxe - and we definitely made a good choice!

The schweinshaxe in Atschel was nicely roasted with a super crispy skin and soft meat. It was absolutely delicious and I finished the whole schweinshaxe! We tried schweinshaxe in another restaurant nearby afterwards and we could conclude that Atschel did serve a tastier schweinshaxe.

We also ordered the Frankfurter Schitzel mit Grüne Sauce and it was also fantastic. The schitzel was nicely fried and the highlight was the Frankfurt Green Sauce. This fresh green source made the fried dish less oily and tastier.

Atschel is on the other side of the Main River (cf. the Romans) but it's quite close to Eiserner Steg (<15 minutes by walk if you know the way) and it's easily reachable by tram (Textorstraße, Line 16 from Frankfurt Hbf). If you're visiting Frankfurt and wanna try good German food, you should definitely go for this.

1  Thank germainecsl
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Loved the place. It was my first time in Germany and Atschel made an impression.

It's a bustling, rowdy sort of place where beer-drinking German men laugh heartily and one can simply let loose and have a good time with friends. I loved that down-to-earth atmosphere of Atschel, and to top it off, they serve fantastic food and drinks!

I loved the trademark Frankfurter Schnitzel, as well as the unique apple wine served in the bembel. The schnapps were great too. Seems like there's hardly anything about the place I wasn't pleased about.

Highly recommended - go eat, drink and be merry with friends!