“Great place to visit”

Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sachsenhausen-Nord
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Well, I was really pleased by this place. Staff so friendly and food is just flawless. Full of oldtimers - it is usual sign of good traditional food. Must visit for tourists.

1  Thank Alex_Kirichenko
Write a ReviewReviews (1,315)

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Great little restaurant.
The staff greeted me, as I walked in on a Saturday afternoon, warmly and foun me a seat even though the tables were mostly reserved.
I asked for recommendations and the waitress pointed me to the Pork Shoulder.
When it came out, I asked if it was for one or two people it was so large. She assured me that it "had a big bone" but was still a good portion.
It was tender and delicious. The male server came by and told me that it was his favorite as he brought me my beer.
After dinner he also brought me a calvados apertif with an apricot soaking in it.
What a great lagniappe!
I will definitely go again when I am in Frankfurt.

1  Thank Reagan W
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We ended our 3 day trip to Frankfurt with a meal at Atschel. As we have a rowdy 2 year old son we were slightly concerned about taking him to a traditional applewine restaurant. Our fears were completely unfounded - the waitress found us a table, even though most were reserved, fetched a high chair that fitted on the long bench and brought a coulouring book and pencils to keep him occupied whilst we ordered :)
The food was good - grilled pork knuckle was the best of our dishes. And hearty portions too.
I would definitely recommend this place to people with young families - though probably advisable to book if you can.

1  Thank Musicaltourist
Reviewed 11 March 2014

What a find. Just wandering the streets on a Tuesday lunchtime with friends and we came upon this superb restaurant. Great German food, massive pork ribs, Schnitzel and lots of traditional goodies. I had the Jaeger Schnitzel with homemade Spatzle. Really tasty Mushroom cream sauce and the best part of all, Schnitzels the size of the dinner plate and there were TWO of them!! I was not going to be beaten and both were devoured along with most of the Spatzle. I could not move for the rest of the afternoon!!! Lovely staff and a chef who really enjoyed his work--you could just tell. I hear this place is really busy in the evenings so you must book your space. I nearly forgot--this restaurant is an Apfelwein house. The apfelwein is a great drink to have with the traditional food so do try it. One little tip. If you mix the Apfelwein with a little sparkling water it makes a lighter drink.

1  Thank Porscheboy
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We didn't taste the courses. We should have made reservation earlier. There was a 2 hour waiting list. It was full at Sunday evening