“Delightful atmosphere”

Neighbourhood: Innenstadt
santa barbara, ca
“Delightful atmosphere”
Reviewed 9 October 2011

We dined at lunch indoors on a rainy afternoon. Entrees including an asian-style chicken salad were pleasing, and the pastry selection is mouth-watering. You can enter from the street, without visiting the Palmengarten, or enter from the garden.

• Visited September 2011
Siesmayer, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Cafehaus Siesmayer, responded to this review, 19 October 2011
Dear wellseasondtravelers,

thank you very much for your positive rating. We really appreciate your comment and are very happy that you liked our food and our atmosphere.

We are looking forward to your next visit.

Best regards,

Your Siesmayer team.

• Polish first
Palm Springs, California
“Incredibly bad service”
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Avoid eating at this cafe unless you want to be treated poorly. The staff is extremely pompous and snooty, and make you feel as if they are doing you a favor by letting you eat there. I arrived 11 a.m. this time and ordered a coffee, followed by Beef Bourguignon for lunch, and then dessert. A total of 22 Euro bill. I did not order the still water they serve because it is a brand I do not like for that has a lot of added sodium (blue bottle). When I asked for just a glass of tap water, they told me it was not possible. Can you imagine, I spent 22 Euros and they would not give me a plain glass of water because I won't drink the brand of bottled water they serve. OUTRAGEOUS. OMGosh, I am a paying customer and they are the wait staff! And what does this say about the management of this place?

I have eaten here several times, to give it a fair try, but this was not a one time happening. Apparently the owners feel they can treat customers however they like, and the customers will keep coming back. We'll see about that, more of us need to post poor reviews.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Arunachalam10
Dear ksfrankfurt,

we are very sorry to read your comment. Our cafe is often highly frequented with many guests arriving at the same time. Although our staff is kind of used to this, it may occur that our staff is a bit stressed and is not always able to give our guests the full attention they deserve. But to call them "pompous" and "snooty" is in our opinion absolutely inappropriate.

It is true, that we don't serve tap water, which is quite normal for german restaurants. As every other restaurant we do live from serving and selling our food and beverages. We can understand that some guests do not like the Selters water we offer. But we are sure that the wide range of other beverages like soft drinks, tea or coffee are quite good alternatives. Dear ksfrankfurt, as we could see from your second comment (Jewel of India) our cafe is obviously not the only restaurant where tap water is not offered. Please be assured that is not a matter of impoliteness, but of german customs. We truly regret that the fact you could not order tap water in our cafe, led you to give us a bad vote.

Nonetheless we hope, that you could at least enjoy the high quality of our food and the overall atmosphere.

Best regards,

your Siesmayer team.
Frankfurt, Germany
“nice atomospher and yummy cakes”
Reviewed 5 October 2010

The restaurant is next to Palmen Gaden in Frankfurt Westend. You can see a lot of green here. I think their foods are nice, but much better is cakes. Usually german cakes are too big and too sweet, but here you can eat like you were in France. I recommend also their breads.