“Top choice”

Adina Apartment Hotel Frankfurt Neue Oper
Ranked #6 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Adina is one of the best you can make to stay at Frankfurt.There was a mistake at my booking and they made directly an upgrade by themselves without extra charge.Location is ideal at main center and close to metro station.You can easily access from airport.Room was enormous having even washing machine for clothes and many more other stuff.View was very nice and rooms very clean.Food was very good one.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
G G, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Frankfurt Neue Oper, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Dear Spiros D,

The team at the ADINA Apartment Hotel Frankfurt Neue Oper Hotel are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our ADINA Apartment Hotel Frankfurt Neue Oper in the near future.

Reviewed 5 May 2012

This hotel is a gem. We selected it for a 3 day stopover. Could not have chosen better. Staff fantastic and helpful, especially the restaurant staff. Rooms excellent. We opted for the 16 th floor 1 bedroom apartment. This was wonderful. Well appointed, comfortable bed and nice sitting room with great views. Breakfast was one of the best I have had in 5 weeks of traveling. Location could not have been better as far as exploring the historical areas of Frankfurt and the main shopping district. Frankfurt is a beautiful city and well worth visiting. Do the walking tour early in your stay.

Stayed: May 2012

Dear cangau,

Reviewed 26 April 2012

We spent two nights in Adina Frankfurt this April, in the two bedrooms apartment.
I booked with Adina, as I had excellent experience from Adina Hackescher Markt in Berlin last year.
Then I expected the same quality in Adina Frankfurt.

Right, the rooms are spacious, with all the amenities typical for Adina chain, mentioned by other reviewers. Good location.

This is what disappointed me:
I requested for the very silent apartment and on possibly highest floor when when I was booking it (some two months ahead), and repeated the request in the email I sent to the hotel three days before the arrival. The email was not responded, and when we arrived, we got the apartment facing the street, on the fifth floor. It WAS noisy there, even with closed windows you still could hear the street.

When next day I requested that they move us to the backyard side, they said that the apartments of that type are only from the street side, so they could do nothing. I asked for other options and was offered two separate smaller rooms on the silent side, but for the additional charge. Very disappointing. Why they did not inform me about all this when I was booking my stay? Why my email was disregarded?

The noise in the apartment would be smaller problem if the aircon was good. But it is not. In Adina Frankfurt you can not regulate the aircon temperature yourself (in Adina Berlin Hackescher Markt you can, you make your room temperature just as cold as you want). We then tried to sleep with the windows closed (street noise) and without proper aircon at all. I think it was about 25-27 Celsius in the apartment all the night. The hotel is very overheated generally.

I do hope other Adina hotels are like the one I stayed at in Berlin, and not like the one in Frankfurt.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
G G, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Frankfurt Neue Oper, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Dear turysta78,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Adina Apartment Hotel Frankfurt Neue Oper.

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. In relation to the points you have raised I have addressed your concerns with the front office and the reservations department to improve our overall guest experience. We also will take action to improve our inroom guest informations brochure about how heating and A/C can be regulated individually in every guest room.

I would like to thank you providing this feedback and if you would like to discuss this in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

A lovely apartment complete with a very well-equipped kitchenette. The bed was very comfortable. The pillow worked wonders for us. Very spacious, which was excellent since it was the last leg of our 2-week trip and we had a lot of packing to do.

It was a 5mins walk to the metro, and 15min walk to the train station. Also a 15mins walk to Zeil and the shopping street with all the high-end brands. We did ask for a high floor with view. Had a room on the 8th but not much view to look at. Possibly cos we opted for a studio room.

There wasn't wifi, though there is a computer terminal downstairs for guest's use. No restriction to the amount of time each guest is entitled, so it is your luck if the earlier guest takes his time. We just came down occasionally to check if the terminal was free.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pris L
G G, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Frankfurt Neue Oper, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Reviewed 14 April 2012

I stayed at the Adina Frankfurt for a weeklong business trip in mid-January. The hotel happened to be just a few blocks from my office and within walking distance from the train station. If I were a tourist, I might have considered staying in an area with more nightlife.

The room was enormous, with everything you could need -- kitchen, washer/dryer, a real hairdryer, two flat-screen TVs, etc. I was a big fan of the modern decor, part of me wanted to move in for good. The Wi-Fi was very fast. Wish it had been free, but the price was reasonable compared to most. (Each device required its own login session, not ideal with a work laptop and personal iPad.)

One drawback: Area around the hotel is mostly office buildings, so there aren't a ton of food options immediately nearby. I found myself out for dinners near Schweizer Platz, so this wasn't really a problem. A drink at the hotel bar with friends was a pleasant experience.

I wish every city had a hotel that was as clean, comfortable and convenient as this one for business travelers.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
G G, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Frankfurt Neue Oper, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Reviewed 11 April 2012

We stayed just two nights here, but could have happily spent a lot longer! It was almost 'home from home'. The apartment was very spacious and well equipped for the two of us - there would not have been enough glasses for 4 of you though - obviously breakages had not been replaced. We did not need to use the washing machine or drier that our apartment had. Washing powder tablets were 0.95 euros, which seemed reasonable as if you used a launderette it would cost a lot more! We used the kitchen for breakfast only, but it would have been more than adequate to cook other meals. It would be a good choice for a family who did not want to eat out every night.
A word of warning though - supermarkets seemed a bit 'thin on the ground' in Frankfurt city. The hotel do offer a grocery delivery service at a cost, which if you were staying for a longer period and did not have access to a car might be worthwhile.

Our room was on the 3rd flooor, and did not have a very good view - the office block next door, but that was not really a problem. We were not disturbed by any traffic noise, meaning we could have a window open at night, which is our preference. The bed was comfortable, and huge - as is often the case in European hotels, where they favour the 'two single beds pushed together' approach for a double bed. We did just have one large mattress, but two seperate duvets (no arguing over who has most duvet!). The airconditioning worked well. Prices for internet access were reasonable, and it was fast.
Everything was clean and worked well. The location is good for sight seeing. There is a tram stop nearby and a U bahn station. The river is just a few minutes walk away, as is the old city, (much of which is not actually as old as you think!).

If you are staying in Frankfurt for a couple of days and you want to visit the museums it is worth buying a Frankfurt Card. This is available for one or two days and gives 50% discount in most of the museums, plus travel on all the public transport - including to the airport. For 13.50 euros for two days it was excellent value - I saved more that on my first day visiting just three museums - while my husband went to a business meeting. It also offers discounts on river trips and entrance to the Botanical Gardens and the Zoo.

We would return to this hotel if we were in Frankfurt again. It was good value compared to some of the other hotels my husband has stayed in whilst in Frankfurt for business, and compared to other hotels in other European cities.

It was clean, comfortable, spacious and good value, all that we really asked.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
G G, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Frankfurt Neue Oper, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Reviewed 10 April 2012

I loved everything about our visit here. We came in Feb for two nights. Would have been nice to stay longer. All employers were great. The kitchenett, bathroom and everything was spotless. They had the best organic shampoo, lotion, etc products. The view was amazing. It was the opposite of the river, so we had big skyscrapers to the right, and the historic "old town" buildings to the left. Couldn't have asked for a better view. Floor to ceiling windows that opened even though we were on a high floor, that was great. We ordered food twice from the restauant downstairs and it was the best! A chicken breast that was so moist I have no idea how they made it. We also ordered the "three sausages" something of that nature, it was great. They were also helpful with wine selections. All spoke perfect English, and seemed happy to do so. Didn't get a chance to visit the pool, bummer. Maybe next time! The walk from the train station was through neighborhoods I felt comfortable in. Even the "red light" district didn't look bad. Walked to "old town" and that was beyond fabulous. Frankfurt was tho only stop in Germany through Zurich to Amsterdam and coudln't have asked for more. Stayed in the city loft room, cant remember the exact name, it was smaller than what the photos show, but I guess thats normal. Worked out perfect.

Room Tip: I asked for a high floor in my notes through their booking service online, and I got it, what a wond...