“excellent place in city centre”

Adina Apartment Hotel Frankfurt Neue Oper
Ranked #5 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Frankfurt Am Main
“excellent place in city centre”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

This apartment hotel is an excellent place in the city centre with friendly staff, quiet room, small gym and minor pool area. Second time I visited, same great experience. The ECB is at walking distance, as is the opera house.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

AngelaBarth, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Frankfurt Neue Oper, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Dear Rene S

Thank you very much for the time taken to complete the review on Tripadvisor. We are delighted that you enjoy the comfort of our hotel and keep coming back. Thank you again for your positive feedback which I will share gladly with my team.
Looking forward to welcome you on your next stay in Frankfurt.
Angela Barth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Milton, Canada
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I traveled to the Hotel Adina in January on business for two nights. It is right in the heart of Frankfurt and a 10 minute walk from the night market, modern opera and just about anything else a visitor to Frankfurt could want. It was a lovely hotel where many of the residents are in the banking industry or involved with the Frankfurt opera, just a block away.

My business colleagues and I arrived around 10 pm on a Wednesday night after a long day of meetings in the south followed by a four hour train ride. We were told on check-in that the kitchen would be closing in a few minutes but they would stay open to serve drinks and they could probably come up with some decent bar food for us, which more than satisfied our needs. Well . . . the food was excellent. If that was the bar food, I would have loved to have tried the full menu.

The Adina is my company’s preferred hotel in Frankfurt. I can see why and am looking forward to a return trip.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear JDCH1970

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the helpfullness of our team members as well as the comfort and location of the hotel. We just introduced our new menu, so maybe another reason to come back soon.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in Frankfurt.
Angela
Budapest
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I was here with my sister in June 2013.
The hotel has it all: location, service... We had a fully equipped one bedroom flat, with basically everything one would need, even washing maschine and dryer! The place is totally spotless clean, home-away-from-home feeling.

The location was excellent, just few minutes walk from everything. We did not have breakfast because had to check out very early: before 5 A.M, because our train departed early.
The hotel is highly recommended anyone: tourists or businessmen / women!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Kismaci
Dear Kismaci

Thank you very much for the time taken to provide us with your positive feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed the comfort of our hotel and the location.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in Frankfurt.
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I chose this hotel because of its reviews and its proximity to the opera house. I was delighted on both counts. It took me 10+ mins to walk from the station, which is three stops only from the airport. The hotel is in the centre of the city close to the river, all sights and museums on both sides of the river. The galleries and museums are well worth visiting - Stadel top class - either as a destination in themselves or if you are just passing through.

The hotel is just off Willy Brandt Platz and 200m from the Opera House, currently the holder of the 2013 Opera House of the Year award. It is a four star 'apartment hotel' which means the rooms have table and chairs and a full kitchen. Travelling on my own, I did not use these but with a partner and staying for more than a couple of days, it could have been nice to cook a meal there. Room was lovely with high quality furnishings, and the thing I always feel is vital - lovely bedding. I had a room at the back but the road is not a main thoroughfare so quiet at the front too. Internet is superficially expensive but I found it very reasonable. Breakfast not cheap at €21 but you will want for nothing! Evening meal - I had lovely Wiener Schnitzel - is high quality but again pricey. Service was very good. I let them know when I needed to leave for the Opera and they made sure I was out on time without having to get anxious about the time. Nice swimming pool and fitness area.

Frankfurt has a first class tram, U Bahn and S Bahn system. Worth buying a Tageskarte for about €5 which gives unlimited travel by all methods for a day. I took the S Bahn to Darmstadt for its wonderful Jugenstil settlement, complete with a Russian Orthodox Church built for Nicolas and Alexandra to use when they visited her sister every summer. If you have even a passing interest in Jugenstil, this is a trip well worth making.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
6 Thank Rosenau65
Dear FinlayWestYorkshire

Thank you for taking the time and providing us with such a positive feedback. The team at the Adina Apartment Hotel Frankfurt is delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.
We look forward to welcome you again in the near future.
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Stayed at this apartment for 3 nights with my family, the apartment was spacious, modern and clean, with a complimentary high chair for my baby, the washing machine and dryer was music to my ears. The receptionist took a shine to me and gave me a free Wifi voucher for 24hrs, otherwise the wifi is not free, which is fairly frustrating in this day in age, 3.50 Euro for 3 hrs.
The city centre is located within a short walking distance from the hotel. Good luck trying to find a convenience /supermarket store - doesn't seem to exist in Frankfurt. We found one near the train station.
As a whole the city seemed to be under construction, countless beggars emptying bins in front of you, which we were not use to.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jwind44
Dear JWind 44

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback from your last stay in our hotel. I am sorry that you felt uncomfortable in Frankfurt and hope you will give Frankfurt a second chance in the future. We do offer a grocery service which might be of help when you stay with us the next time.
We look forward to welcome you again at the Adina Apartment Hotel in the future.
Elmhurst, Illinois
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Just had a great stay at the Adina. My wife and I came from the US for a very big trade fair in Frankfurt. The hotel is just two stops on the U-bahn from the exhibit halls. It takes longer to walk from the hall to the station than it does to get from the station to the hotel.

At the end of the day it is great to have a small, quiet place to unwind. The breakfast is traditional and great, the cuisine for the other two meals of the day is a bit more adventuresome and fabulous. The rooms have apartment-type amenities - washer/dryer, stove, refrigerator, etc. For those who are goofed up with jet-lag it is wonderful to have another room to retreat to while the other is sleeping.

We love the well-equipped workout facility as well as the closeness to so many things we are interested in our few off hours.

Of special note on this trip was the friendliness and attentiveness of the staff, especially Mirko Goerlitz, who figured out several odd little details for us.

We have stayed there twice now and will do so again whenever we are in Frankfurt.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank OldDadDude
AngelaBarth, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Frankfurt Neue Oper, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Dear OldDadDude, what a fabulous review.
Thank you for taking the time to share your great feedback with us. It is a pleasure to read that you thouroughly enjoyed your stay and that you appreciate our location, the well-equipped apartments and all the facilities that we are offering. A special thank you for your praise of our staff, espeially Mirko, he is well and truly our star performer.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon. Best Regards, Carolin Boettcher & team
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Hotel excellent - nice and clean, reception staff attentive and very helpful. Unfortunately the pool was out of action so could not partake in a quick dip but this did not spoil our stay. Breakfast pricey so only ate once in the restaurant but the local indoor market provided us with a very good breakfast for the 2nd morning and less than 10 euros for the two of us. Would certainly stay here again when we next visit Frankfurt.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Julie P
AngelaBarth, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Frankfurt Neue Oper, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear JulieP

Thank you very much for the taking the time to complete the review on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted that your enjoyed your recent stay with us as well as the attitude of our team members. The technical problem on the pool is solved, so you can enjoy a quick dip on your next stay.
We look forward to welcome you again in the near future.