“Great value, good location”

Adina Apartment Hotel Frankfurt Neue Oper
Ranked #6 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This hotel is great value for money and well located - just a short walk from the main train station. It is very well equipped for business travellers (I appreciated the mini kitchen, 'proper' hairdryer and full sized ironing board). I also like the small swimming pool on the ground floor. My only gripe is the wifi service. The hotel offers 30 minutes of free internet. I really don't understand why hotels cannot offer free internet in 2014 (!). Trying to buy extra internet access is a pain - ....the service wasn't working so I couldn't bill to the room, so I had to faff about with my credit card. Anyway, I was accidentally charged multiple times. The charming receptionist helped me sort it out. Free wifi would sort it out permanently!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank rachelw77
AngelaBarth, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Frankfurt Neue Oper, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Dear rachelw77,

Thank you very much for staying at Adina Frankfurt, Neue Oper.
We really appreciate that you have taken up your valuable time to provide us with your feedback on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed our pool and the location of our hotel. We are happy to hear that you found our in-room facilities to be well equipped for business travellers and that our reception team helped you out on departure.

We have noted your feedback about the internet service and that you have experienced problems logging into the hotel internet system which we have passed onto the relevant department.

We do value and thank you for your constructive feedback as it allows us to improve the service which we deliver to our valued guests.

We hope to be able to welcome you back to Adina Frankfurt on your next Frankfurt trip!

Warm Regards,
Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,785)

Reviewed 27 March 2014

We were very comfortable in a one bedroom apartment here. Clean, sleek and modern with beautiful views of the river and city and good central location. We had a kitchenette and a washer/dryer. Service was friendly and always helpful when asked. Wi Fi was expensive and cumbersome - free WiFi was limited to 30 minutes per day. Parking was convenient in hotel garage. We had breakfast one day in the restaurant - lovely full German buffet breakfast but too expensive with kids. The room service breakfast was very good and enough to feed more than one person.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Constantlee

Dear Mrs Wisconsin,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay at the Adina Apartment Hotel Frankfurt, Neue Oper.

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our hotel to be comfortable, clean, and modern and enjoyed our 1 bedroom Premier apartment with the city skyline views. We are delighted to hear that you have also enjoyed our guest service and the location of our hotel.

We have also noted your comment about the internet. We will pass it onto relevant department for review.

We appreciate your feedback about our lovely and delicious full German Buffet Breakfast. For children we also offer cheaper prices. Children from 0-6 years have breakfast for free whereas the price for children from 6-12 years of age is 10,50€ per child.

We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next trip to Frankfurt!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 14 March 2014

This apartment hotel is an excellent place in the city centre with friendly staff, quiet room, small gym and minor pool area. Second time I visited, same great experience. The ECB is at walking distance, as is the opera house.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
AngelaBarth, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Frankfurt Neue Oper, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Dear Rene S

Thank you very much for the time taken to complete the review on Tripadvisor. We are delighted that you enjoy the comfort of our hotel and keep coming back. Thank you again for your positive feedback which I will share gladly with my team.
Looking forward to welcome you on your next stay in Frankfurt.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I traveled to the Hotel Adina in January on business for two nights. It is right in the heart of Frankfurt and a 10 minute walk from the night market, modern opera and just about anything else a visitor to Frankfurt could want. It was a lovely hotel where many of the residents are in the banking industry or involved with the Frankfurt opera, just a block away.

My business colleagues and I arrived around 10 pm on a Wednesday night after a long day of meetings in the south followed by a four hour train ride. We were told on check-in that the kitchen would be closing in a few minutes but they would stay open to serve drinks and they could probably come up with some decent bar food for us, which more than satisfied our needs. Well . . . the food was excellent. If that was the bar food, I would have loved to have tried the full menu.

The Adina is my company’s preferred hotel in Frankfurt. I can see why and am looking forward to a return trip.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear JDCH1970

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the helpfullness of our team members as well as the comfort and location of the hotel. We just introduced our new menu, so maybe another reason to come back soon.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in Frankfurt.
Angela

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I was here with my sister in June 2013.
The hotel has it all: location, service... We had a fully equipped one bedroom flat, with basically everything one would need, even washing maschine and dryer! The place is totally spotless clean, home-away-from-home feeling.

The location was excellent, just few minutes walk from everything. We did not have breakfast because had to check out very early: before 5 A.M, because our train departed early.
The hotel is highly recommended anyone: tourists or businessmen / women!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Kismaci

Dear Kismaci

Thank you very much for the time taken to provide us with your positive feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed the comfort of our hotel and the location.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in Frankfurt.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I chose this hotel because of its reviews and its proximity to the opera house. I was delighted on both counts. It took me 10+ mins to walk from the station, which is three stops only from the airport. The hotel is in the centre of the city close to the river, all sights and museums on both sides of the river. The galleries and museums are well worth visiting - Stadel top class - either as a destination in themselves or if you are just passing through.

The hotel is just off Willy Brandt Platz and 200m from the Opera House, currently the holder of the 2013 Opera House of the Year award. It is a four star 'apartment hotel' which means the rooms have table and chairs and a full kitchen. Travelling on my own, I did not use these but with a partner and staying for more than a couple of days, it could have been nice to cook a meal there. Room was lovely with high quality furnishings, and the thing I always feel is vital - lovely bedding. I had a room at the back but the road is not a main thoroughfare so quiet at the front too. Internet is superficially expensive but I found it very reasonable. Breakfast not cheap at €21 but you will want for nothing! Evening meal - I had lovely Wiener Schnitzel - is high quality but again pricey. Service was very good. I let them know when I needed to leave for the Opera and they made sure I was out on time without having to get anxious about the time. Nice swimming pool and fitness area.

Frankfurt has a first class tram, U Bahn and S Bahn system. Worth buying a Tageskarte for about €5 which gives unlimited travel by all methods for a day. I took the S Bahn to Darmstadt for its wonderful Jugenstil settlement, complete with a Russian Orthodox Church built for Nicolas and Alexandra to use when they visited her sister every summer. If you have even a passing interest in Jugenstil, this is a trip well worth making.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank Rosenau65

Dear FinlayWestYorkshire

Thank you for taking the time and providing us with such a positive feedback. The team at the Adina Apartment Hotel Frankfurt is delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.
We look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Stayed at this apartment for 3 nights with my family, the apartment was spacious, modern and clean, with a complimentary high chair for my baby, the washing machine and dryer was music to my ears. The receptionist took a shine to me and gave me a free Wifi voucher for 24hrs, otherwise the wifi is not free, which is fairly frustrating in this day in age, 3.50 Euro for 3 hrs.
The city centre is located within a short walking distance from the hotel. Good luck trying to find a convenience /supermarket store - doesn't seem to exist in Frankfurt. We found one near the train station.
As a whole the city seemed to be under construction, countless beggars emptying bins in front of you, which we were not use to.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jwind44

Dear JWind 44

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback from your last stay in our hotel. I am sorry that you felt uncomfortable in Frankfurt and hope you will give Frankfurt a second chance in the future. We do offer a grocery service which might be of help when you stay with us the next time.
We look forward to welcome you again at the Adina Apartment Hotel in the future.