“Acceptable for business trips but no more”
Review of Grand Hotel Dream

Grand Hotel Dream
Ranked #191 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Stayed mid January 2014 in Grand Hotel Dream center Frankfurt. Acceptable hotel run by indians for business short trips but no more. Plus are good location for Frankfurt, reasonably clean, good breakfast arrangements. Minus: hope your german is ok, because their english is quite poor, and too many trinkets everywhere. Using the hotel parking lot is paying extra, which always shocks me. All and all, ok, but for short stays of 1-2 nights.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Grand Hotel Dream

Reviewed 9 December 2013

We had to stay at this hotel because of an error we made while booking our trip to Frankfurt. First we stayed at NH Hotel, which was definitely wonderful. Then since there were no available rooms at NH, we had to check out and go to a different hotel. We chose Grand Hotel Dream due to its close location.

The only good thing I can say about this hotel is its proximity to the city center.

Although it was close to the main street, the way to the hotel didn't feel safe which made us take a cab when it was dark.

Decoration of the room was awkward. Room felt very small. There were no shampoo nor conditioner in the bathroom.

The breakfast was OK.

Everything up to this point could be acceptable for me, considering the price I paid. However, just as we were about the leave I informed the reception that we might be 1 hour late for check out. The receptionist said that would be totally fine and it would be no problem. We left the room exactly at the time I had said before and they charged us 20€. When I said that this was not how we spoke before and that she said that 1 hour is not a problem she just shrugged and said "no, you have to pay now". After insisting, she said "there was no conversation, you will pay now". This situation made me leave the hotel extremely furious and disappointed. What the receptionist did seemed to be a scam to take our money and I could let this go just to finish our trip without any negative feelings. However, being accused of lying is definitely not acceptable.

I would recommendt this hotel only if it's your last choice.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Idil D
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

The only good thing about the hotel was location (near old town & shopping avenue).
The towels were old. Bathroom door was half way open. Decoration poor. Everything dark. No shampoo. No bath robe. Minibar was very limited to highly cost water and orange juice.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shivooly
Reviewed 27 September 2013

This Hotel is located 5minutes walk from Zeil, the main shopping street in frankfurt.
The hotel staff was very friendly. Also has the Hotel a private parking (15euros a day, reservation required). The rooms were quite nice! The breakfast offered a really big choice!
I can definitely recommend this hotel for a stay in frankfurt city!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2013

How on earth this hotel got 4 stars I will never know. I mean, it's OK but never 4 star material. The previous night I had stayed at the Radisson Blu in Berlin - which is a 5 star - and the difference between that and here was unbelievable.

As a budget hotel it's absolutely fine - but nothing more.

My room was small and dingy and it was one of the bigger rooms in the place. Very little natural light and a VERY hard bed.

But the most disconcerting thing was the hotel surroundings. It was like a war zone. Next door was a disused car park that was overgrown and full of weeds and just up the road is a sex shop and a lap dancing club. Not the slightly glamourous tourist type places but proper dingy, dirty, seedy looking places. There is no way I would walk around this area at night. No way!!

When we pulled up, I had to double check to see if we had come to the right place!

The staff were pretty ambivalent and, whilst I was in the lobby waiting for a taxi, a staff member was having a shouting match with someone on her mobile phone. At the top of her voice.

One saving grace though. The breakfast was very good. Good selection and very tasty.

All in all, fine as a mid price hotel but don't expect 4 star accomodation.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 May 2013

This is a great hotel when you love to stay in the center of Frankfurt. It is nearby the shoping streets and close to the old city center. Do not expect luxury but it is a good hotel. The beds are okay and so is the breakfast. Book online...Than you will get the best price. You can also park your car for 15 euros a day. We had a nice stay. The hotel is clean.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Staff were very friendly and extremly helpful, hotel was clean and well appointed,location was excellant food good andprice very reasonable indeed. We found this hotel by accident and would definatly stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business