Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport
US$197
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis Frankfurt Centrum(Frankfurt)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$172
US$155
Travelocity
  • Pool
MEININGER Hotel Frankfurt/Main Airport(Frankfurt)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$91
2,791 results
All reviewsfrankfurt airportlong distance trainsfollow the signssame buildingnext morningan overnight stayan early flightrental carbetween flightslong layoverconvenient locationeasy accessfitness centerrooms are smallrailway stationyour luggageperfect hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 November 2012

This hotel and the Hilton Hotel next door are welcome new additions to the Frankfurt Airport. Having been very unhappy with previous stays at the massive and expensive Sheraton at the airport, I booked the Garden Inn because of its very reasonable price. Like other reviewers, I agree that better signage is needed. I arrived at the long-distance rail terminal, which, as it turned out, was directly below the hotel. However, when I came up the escalator to the main rail terminal, I failed to turn around and look behind me. If I had done so, I would have seen the signs pointing to the escalator up to the hotel. Instead, I kept walking all the way to the main airport terminal until I found a sign directing me back to the Hiltons. I followed the scarce, small signs until I ended up where I started in the main rail terminal. I loved the Hilton Garden Inn, except for the very small size of my queen bed room. I would not want to stay in the cramped room more than one night. I was told that the king bed rooms, which I will reserve next time, are slightly larger. The room was nicely decorated, the mattress and bedding were very comfortable, and the bathroom was clean and well designed. The Wi-Fi was strong and free. There were sufficient electrical outlets and good lighting. I had a delicious dinner in the pleasant restaurant. The service staff was very pleasant and helpful. I took advantage of the breakfast buffet, which was not included in the room rate. The offerings were somewhat limited. I made use of the business center to print out my boarding pass. The smaller size of the hotel – no endless hallways, unlike the Sheraton - was much appreciated. It was only steps from front desk to the elevator and then a few steps more to my room. Wonderful!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank travelingbarb2-2
FRAAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2012

Wonderful! Wow, Travelingbarb2-2, we certainly do not pretend to be a top luxury hotel however are honored that you would rate the Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport in the highest category of hotels (apart from the size of the rooms). Thank you very much for such a great compliment!
We indeed keep on working to improve the signage at the ICE High Speed Train Station as indeed we are located just above this station, connected to the main terminal of Frankfurt Airport.
Thank you for your wonderful comments on our rooms and especially on your outstanding comments on our team members. That truly is appreciated!
Travelingbarb2-2, we certainly look forward to welcome you back again to Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport!
Happy Holiday Season to you and your loved ones!

Reviewed 27 November 2012

I stayed here for an overnight layover in Frankfurt. The property was in excellent condition. The front desk staff was friendly and very proficient in English (luckily, as my German is practically non-existent). My room was quiet and well appointed. I did not use the hotel restaurant due to a lack of time. The hotel is very convenient to the airport and is an easy train ride to the city. If you have business in the city but a very early flight out I recommend this property. I think the property was an excellent value compared to the rates offered at the next door Hilton and nearby Sheraton during my visit.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Thank you Chris G. Your review speaks for itself...
Looking forward to welcome you back again to Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport soon!
Warm regards,
Ch, Muller

Reviewed 27 November 2012

My family had a 11-hour night time layover at FRA. We were very tired from travelling and hoping for a good night's sleep. We were delighted that the hotel is an easy walk across from the terminal and no shuttle bus needed; just follow the signs toward the long-term trains. The very professional staff welcomed us, offered chocolate chip cookies and even upgraded our room to accommodate our two children. Our room was very clean and quiet and we couldn't ask for more. It was very nice to be able to roll out of bed and walk about 8 minutes (indoors) into the terminal at 6:00am. We barely paused at the counter to check out.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank plakmt

Dear plakmt,
Thank you very much for posting your outstanding review on Tripadvisor. You are right Plakmt, besides the services and very professional team members, the location of the Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport (at the airport, above the high-speed train station, immediately connected to the highway) could indeed not be better!
We certainly hope to welcome you back to Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport soon!

Reviewed 24 November 2012

I understand rooms are not always available for early arrival. But after an overnight flight from the USA to Germany, at 10:15a, the front desk advised me I could enter the room early only if I paid an extra 39 Euro, otherwise I could wait until noon for the same room. As a Hilton diamond level member, this is surprising. I had to dress in their lobby bathroom for a tour that left at 11a. I have stayed at the Sheraton at the same airport in Frankfurt, and have arrived on the same flight on several occasions and did not encounter this situation. My loyalty to Hilton seems not to be worth it. I had to store my luggage, including my briefcase with my business laptop in it, behind the lobby desk until I returned late in the afternoon. Unsettling, unnecessary and uninspiring to go that extra mile to stay with Hilton.

Room Tip: Expect to pay extra if you arrive early, even after an international flight.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank TravelsalotFrankfurt

Dear TravelsalotFrankfurt,
Thank you for leaving your first Tripadvisor postings. We are truly sorry to hear that we could not match your expectations.
TravelsalotFrankfurt, we do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again so that you can experience the level of service for which our hotel is known.

Reviewed 21 November 2012

I visit the Frankfurt Book Fair every year and it was a pleasure to choose the Hilton Garden Inn this year, right from the moment I entered it was smooth all the way during my four day stay, the hotel is located bang opposite the airport, check in was smooth and it was nice to know that Breakfast is complimentary. Being a new Hotel the room was nice and cozy, Being used to hard beds I like the fact that your bed to could be adjusted to suit your preference.

The room was very cozy and I enjoyed my sleep, the Breakfast also had very extensive menu and the service all through was superb, will stay again next year without scouting for any alternatives.

Room Tip: Take the upper level rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank sanjaylucknow
FRAAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2012

Dear sanjaylucknow,
Thank you very much for your outstanding review of Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport.
We are very glad to note that you already decided to stay with us again on your next trip to Frankfurt.
For your next stay a tip: If you book directly via the Hilton, or HGI, corporate websites you can be 100% sure that you obtain the best possible rate available for the dates of your stay, so shopping around for our hotel is really not necessary, we guarantee that as we have not offered any other websites the opportunity and rates to sell below our own rates. Also, since you are booking directly with our Hilton or HGI websites you will usually collect HHonors points & miles! In order to make sure you maximise the benefits of your stay please ensure you are signed up as a HHonors member (this you can do also via the HHonors website).
sanjaylucknow, we are looking forward to welcome you back to Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport and hope you are saving points and miles to enjoy some great personal breaks in the future!