“Budget hotel - but with service problems during breakfast”

Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport
Ranked #26 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
London, United Kingdom
“Budget hotel - but with service problems during breakfast”
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

This is a convenient budget hotel at the airport. Rooms are small but should meet your expectations.

On my last day I went for breakfast quite late at 9am. Pre-heated coffee was already gone - it took me then 45min to get a fresh coffee - a shame even for a Garden Inn.

• Stayed August 2012
N S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear Daniel1601,
thank you for sharing your comments with us. Your feedback is highly appreciated.
I am sorry to read about the waiting time you had for coffee. That’s definitely not the standard we are known for and I apologise for the experience you made.
We would be very happy if you would give us a second chance to show you what a real Hilton Garden Inn experience is all about.
With best wishes,
N.Syed

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Its location is perfect for both purposes, flights and trains. It is located at The Squaire, a modern and beautiful building which gives you easy and direct connections to regional and long distance trains. Room was small, silent, clean, good beds, with a safe box that we could not use because it was placed on the floor. Breakfast Buffett was excellent. Kind Staff. Efficient check-in and Check-out procedures. Directions to reach the Hotel and the Squaire would be helpful for arriving passengers, at least at Terminal 1. We enjoyed very much our stay at this Hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear elizman,
thank you for your very nice comments on the stay that you had with us. The location is definitely perfect for travelling no matter where you’re going.
Happily I passed your feedback regarding the breakfast on to our colleagues from the kitchen and the restaurant.
We are looking forward to welcome you back here in Frankfurt
NJ, USA
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for one night on way back from trip to Kurdistan. Wasn't sure what to expect, but very nice surprise. Booked the room on Expedia, so check in was very quick. The staff at the front desk was very friendly and eficient. The sixth floor room was really nice and comfortable. There is free wifi which worked but was a little slow. There is a refrigerator and flat screen TV. Also, down the escalator at the other end of the corridor is a supermarket that was very helpful for late evening flight arrivals when the restaurants are starting to close. If a future trip takes me through Frankfurt Airport with an overnight layover, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Hidden Travel
N S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Dear Hidden Travel,
the nice surprises are always the best, aren’t they? Even better that WE were the nice surprise for you. Thank you so much for your great review of the Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport Hotel.
In case the supermarket should be closed the next time you need something we do also offer a range of products in our Pavilion Pantry directly in the lobby, but you are right everything here tries to accommodate travellers with their needs, even the supermarkets.
Hidden Travel, it is our pleasure to lighten your stays on journeys in the future.
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I came from a long-haul flight from Manila via Bangkok and was in transit to Warsaw. Had an 11-hour lay-over in Frankfurt so I was looking for a hotel to check-in for a few hours. The day-rates of Hilton Garden Inn was really convenient and very good value for the money. It is indeed connected to Terminal 1 and I didn't have to walk far although I had to ask directions twice as the signages start after baggage claim. You go cross to the other building using the glass walkway connecting it to Terminal 1, walk for about 5-10 mins. I is located where the regional / long-distance trains are and is right next door to Hilton Hotel. The check-in was quick, the breakfast was substantial and the room was a haven after the long trip. The bed was heavenly! I'm very glad I booked this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Margie12354
Marc_Snijders, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport, responded to this review, 6 July 2013
Dear Margie12354,

Thank you so much for posting feedback about your stay at the HGI on tripadvisor.
Your description of how to get to the hotel is second to none! Indeed it is best to follow the signs to “long distance trains / Fernbahnhof”. The hotel is situated literally on top of the high-speed train station.

I will make sure to pass on your nice comments about the breakfast and check-in service to the team. With regards to the bed, this is truly unique for Hilton Garden Inn. Our so called Garden Sleep System beds allow you to individually adjust the firmness of the mattress. A bed, which you find in many HGI hotels around the world.

Next time you fly via Frankfurt, please check out our website for great day-use and overnight rates.
At the moment, we also have great summer promotional rates available.

We look forward to having you back with us, Margie12354!

Marc
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We stayed here the night before our long flight home to the States. So easy to drop off the rental car downstairs, and walk through a few long tunnels and skyways to this newer Hilton Garden Inn. Room was small, but very comfortable and very clean. Extremely quiet. Check in was friendly and efficient as was check out. This is the perfect place to stay for a flight out the next day. We will definitely plan on staying here again. Close and convenient to the terminal. Highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Dear JenA100,
it was my pleasure to read your kind feedback here on TripAdvisor. I am glad that we were able to create a perfect stay for you. The interaction of location, facilities and the team works out very well for us and our guests.
I hope that you had a good journey back to the US and that you will be staying with us in the near future.
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Beautiful newly built property. The rooms are moden and completely clean. Early check in was no problem and the receptionist was incredibly friendly and helpful.
They have a beautiful, free fitness center and sauna. The hotel itself is connected to the airport which is very practical.
The bathroom is lovely. The bed is massive and you can adjust the firmness yourself through a dial. I slept like a baby. There was no noise coming through the walls, you couldn't hear the planes at all!
There is a large, new flatscreen television in the room. The mini bar is empty, which is perfect for me because it functions as a small refridgerator. I was able to go to the grocery store in the airport and stock it myself without worrying about disturbing the other things in it. The hotel has a small mini bar shop near reception in case you decide you want some of the normal mini bar items.
Even though I booked the least expensive room, it was still quite spacious and lovely. I can only imagine how nice the suites must be.
They have a free business center where you can surf and print for free, and it is open 24 hours a day.
I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Everything went smoothly, there were no annoyances, and I would definitely stay again.

The two small negatives: the shower pressure could be a bit pressure (I have fairly thick hair and it took a bit to rinse out my conditioner) and the wifi could be a bit more stable. It cut in and out quite often.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Dear Anagarcia181991,
Your feedback is more than I could have asked for. Thank you very much for taking the time to share the detailed description of your stay.
I passed on your comment to the staff and I am overall very happy that you enjoyed your stay here. We give our best everyday and feedback like yours is what makes our day.
It is our pleasure to have had you as a guest with us and hopefully there are many more stays for you to follow and many more opportunities for us to welcome you back.
With best regards,
Houston, United States
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Hilton Garden Inn well located for an early morning flight out of Frankfurt. Hotel is exceptional value. Hotel well appointed and rooms well furnished. Being adjacent to Airport no issue - no room noise from planes.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear LarryD,
Thank you so much for your excellent comment regarding the Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport Hotel on TripAdvisor.
Our location is really convenient and as you mentioned there is absolutely no noise from the planes or the highway.
We would be very happy to welcome you again in the future.
N.Syed
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfurt
Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel
MEININGER Hotel Frankfurt/Main Airport
NH Frankfurt Airport
NH Frankfurt Airport
#1 of 8 in Kelsterbach

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport? Share your experiences!