“Perfect Pre-flight Hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport
Ranked #25 of 271 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Stayed here on our last night in Europe before flying back to the States. Clean and comfortable rooms. Reasonable rates. Walked to the check-in counter the next morning. Couldn't have been more satisfied.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the city forest on the back.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
N S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Dear stephentx,
A review from you as an experienced traveller and an active member on TripAdvisor is a pleasure to read. Thank you very much for your positive comments. I hope you had a good flight back to the US and will be our guest whenever your journeys bring you through Frankfurt Airport.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

This hotel is very convenient to stay in a overnight layover, as it's practically inside the airport. You take at most 10 min. walk, with baggages, from the concierge to the airport entrance. The reception was very quick and friendly and within 5 min. i was inside my room. The rooms are tidy and comfortable, but there were two little issues. The water pressure in the shower was not very good , which caused me surprise for a hotel of this level and the internet wifi was a bit slow. Despite the issues the hotel is an excellent choice to make stopovers.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Dear Fofobicho,
thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I enjoyed reading your positive comment about the friendly service.
I passed your comments on the two issues to the departments in charge and would like to thank you for reporting this as well, information like this helps us to improve our service and keeps it consitent.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

I have been traveling through Frankfurt on business trips for many years, and I usually stay at the Sheraton for long layovers. This time though I felt like a change of scenery, and I find the Sheraton a bit cold in atmosphere.

My check-in was quick and the staff was very friendly. Since I had read the reviews here I knew to buy or bring a few snacks along, since the mini-frig would be empty. There are plenty of places along the way as you walk to the hotel where you can buy snacks, drinks, sandwiches, etc but if you forget, the hotel has a small "pantry" next to the lobby where you can pick a few things up.

My room was an inner room with a courtyard view, but I didn't mind as I came here to sleep, not check out the view. The room was on the small side but very cute, with a comfortable bed, small sofa, and work-desk all looking brand new. The bathroom was large and the shower had plenty of hot water and good water pressure.

I slept very well during my layover and I didn't hear noise from any guests or otherwise. I appreciated the electric kettle and coffee/tea selection in the room, as well as the ironing board and iron. I will definitely be back to the Hilton Garden Inn for my next long layover.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Dear 2ksmom,
Your excellent review is a perfect example of how travellers can benefit from the feedback of others. You knew about our mini-fridges in the rooms and about our Pavilion Pantry. We are glad you found everything you were looking for and we were able to meet your needs during your stay.
Thank you so much again for you fantastic feedback.
We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back as our guest soon.
With kindest regards,

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Probably the most up-to-date, modern Hilton Garden Inn I've seen! Very convenient when flying in or out of Frankfurt. The hotel is literally in the terminal. It took 7 minutes to get to security after checking out. I will stay again on my next trip to Frankfurt!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa B
Marc_Snijders, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2013

Dear Lisa B.

How nice to read, that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport so much.
Thanks so much for taking the time to post your review.
Indeed, the location is unbeatable, just a short walk to the international terminals and directly above the high-speed train station. We look forward to welcoming you back soon... and for your next stay, I hope you bring some extra time to explore the highlights of Frankfurt. From the hotel, it only takes 15 minutes to downtown Frankfurt.

All the best,

Marc

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Perhaps the most important feature of a hotel room when traveling is the availability of HIGH SPEED Internet... (Of course it should also be free or at least included in the price of the room)....The Internet Speed at this hotel was really slow...it took forever for pages to load.. finally in frustration I just turned on the Paid 3G feature on my iPhone and iPad...

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

This is a convenient budget hotel at the airport. Rooms are small but should meet your expectations.

On my last day I went for breakfast quite late at 9am. Pre-heated coffee was already gone - it took me then 45min to get a fresh coffee - a shame even for a Garden Inn.

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear Daniel1601,
thank you for sharing your comments with us. Your feedback is highly appreciated.
I am sorry to read about the waiting time you had for coffee. That’s definitely not the standard we are known for and I apologise for the experience you made.
We would be very happy if you would give us a second chance to show you what a real Hilton Garden Inn experience is all about.
With best wishes,

Reviewed 4 July 2013

Its location is perfect for both purposes, flights and trains. It is located at The Squaire, a modern and beautiful building which gives you easy and direct connections to regional and long distance trains. Room was small, silent, clean, good beds, with a safe box that we could not use because it was placed on the floor. Breakfast Buffett was excellent. Kind Staff. Efficient check-in and Check-out procedures. Directions to reach the Hotel and the Squaire would be helpful for arriving passengers, at least at Terminal 1. We enjoyed very much our stay at this Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear elizman,
thank you for your very nice comments on the stay that you had with us. The location is definitely perfect for travelling no matter where you’re going.
Happily I passed your feedback regarding the breakfast on to our colleagues from the kitchen and the restaurant.
We are looking forward to welcome you back here in Frankfurt