“Amazing breakfast”

Ranked #25 of 268 Hotels in Frankfurt
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stayed here with a friend after missing our flight. The hotel is based within the train station just off the Frankfurt Airport. The hotel was nice and modern and everything that you would expect from a Hilton Garden Inn. The room was very spacious and modern and the bed was very comfy, just what we needed after a long day of travelling. The shower was clean and powerful and the water was nice and warm.

The breakfast the next morning was amazing you could literally get anything you wanted! I wish I could have stayed longer to get a taste of everything that was on offer!

The staff were very nice and helpful!

I would stay here again and would also recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank no1traveller294
FRAAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear no1traveller294,
thank you very much for your great review regarding your recent stay at Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport.
Our hotel is newly built, for sure that contributes to the clean, nice and up to date feeling you experienced. In addition we did not spare any expenses to make the hotel as comfortable as possible, the soundproofing of our rooms for example was a key focus during the development and construction stages.
The bed you experienced is very special indeed. it's called the "Garden Sleep System". The mattress of this bed is adjustable and conforms to your body, gently cradling your neck, spine and legs while providing pressure-free sleep. This bed features a 100% virgin wool mattress topper which helps regulate and maintain comfortable body temperature. Combine this with the crisp white linens, cozy duvets and plush pillows and we certainly made your bed as fresh and comfortable as possible!
Thank you also especially for your great comments on our Breakfast Buffet, this indeed provides a very pleasurable start of the day, after you have experienced that great shower you mentioned!
No1traveller294, we are very much looking forward to welcome you back again to Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport!
C. Muller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
loveturquoisewater
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

We had read in previous reviews that you could bring your airport cart filled with luggage all the way from the airport, to your hotel room, and then back the next morning for your flight. We had a lot of luggage to bring home and we needed the cart to haul all of our stuff. Imagine our surprise when we were told we couldn't take the cart to our room and they didn't know where their carts were right then. They said the carts had sensors that wouldn't allow the wheels to turn after we got off the elevator so we would have to return it to the airport terminal. We asked if we could leave it with the front desk until we checked out at 3 am (it was now 7pm) and the answer was no!! This meant at 3 am we would have to go to the lobby and get a cart to bring our luggage down to the lobby, then go into the terminal to get an airport cart to bring back to the lobby so we could head back to the terminal for our flight. Craziness and major inconvenience at that time of day. Because they couldn't find their carts, they had to call someone from the more expensive Hilton side to bring us a cart. Then, the front desk person made us feel like we were imposing on her because she couldn't permit us to take the cart to our room ourselves-instead she had to walk with us. They put us in a room so far away from from the lobby…I think we walked half a mile to get there! Thus, when we were ready to check out we went to the terminal to get an airport cart and just to try it, we headed towards the elevator and no one stopped us. There isn't a sensor on the carts--they do work even when your hotel room is half a mile away. We disregarded our instructions and it was much more convenient for us. I don't understand the issue anyway…sometimes it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission. Otherwise, the front desk was trying to throw road block after road block in our way. On a positive note, the room and bed were very comfortable though we weren't there long. Also, I was so happy to have a familiar meal of chicken breast and baked potato in the hotel restaurant. It was like an American meal after eating unusual food for 14 days. So happy to see it on the menu! The restaurant service and food were great! The stay was find, but the front desk was not helpful! It would be awesome if they were more "aware" of travelers needs instead of trying to inconvenience them at every turn. Not sure if I'd stay there again...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank loveturquoisewater
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

this hotel is next door to the Hilton Hotel and many people were getting confused and going in the wrong one (as they are both off a common Atrium).

However check in was fine and I went off to my room. All the lifts need your key card before you can select the floor you need. Got to my room and the key card wouldn't work....all the way back to reception lugging my bags.... Card reprogrammed and off again.......same problem so back to reception again.... All the way back up (still with bags)......still wouldn't work.

By now, I was tired and now grumpy so I asked the reception person to come up to the room and let me in....he couldn't do this as he was the only person and couldn't leave reception. He promised it would work this time and I told him that if it didn't, I would be mad.

It didn't....and now as he saw me coming back, face like thunder, he called over one of the managers from the hilton adjoining. He immediately changed my room and from that point all was fine.

Lesson from this......Hilton Garden Inn Management.....don't make your problems your guests problems.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Flhrcitwotone
Dear Loveturquoisewater,
Thank you very much for sharing your review on Tripadvisor.
I am sorry to hear about the annoying experience you had with your keycard, I can assure you that this is a highly exceptional occurence in our hotel. Nevertheless, exceptional or not, it should not happen at all indeed, especially since our hotel is brand new and features all the latest in technology, design and architecture. Our apoligies Loveturquoisewater for this rare mishap.
It seems that this single issue has had its consequences on your scoring, for what otherwise would have been a great stay, unfortunate for us, however completely understood.
Loveturquoisewaters, we do hope that this single issue will not stop you from visiting us again, when I am sure you will experience the true level of service for which our hotel is widely known!
See you soon again at Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport.
Warm regards,
C. Muller
Qualicum Beach, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn after a long intercontinental flight. The hotel is located across the road from Frankfurt airport at the end of a long oval shaped office complex and train station that interestingly is called The Squaire. You can access the hotel via the overpass from the main hall of the airport. It is a fair walk but easily doable even with lots of luggage.

Staff were very pleasant and there is a small tuck shop and microwaves just off the lobby if you want to do your own hotel cooking.

Our room was well appointed and had great curtains to make it dark enough to sleep in the daytime and the bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was modern and functional. Tub is a bit of a high step if you have joint or mobility issues, by the way. Sound proofing is excellent and while small, the desk space is sufficient for work. Internet connection was complementary.

While we did not use it there is guest laundry room in the hotel as well.

As noted above the Hotel is in a complex linked to the airport that includes the rail stations; both, regional and long distance, a local bus depot and the airport. You can reach them without leaving the cover of buildings meaning you can leave your clothes packed if you are arriving from different climatic zones. Additionally, there are shops and airport / train station- style restaurants all around. As noted by others there is a Starbucks just outside the entrance of the hotel. There are also a couple of supermarkets in the complex, one under the airport and one at the other end of The Squaire on the main floor.

All in all, a nice place to rest the recoup between long journeys.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brian G
N S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Brian G,
We would like to thank you for choosing our property while travelling through Frankfurt. We are happy to read that you felt comfortable and enjoyed your stay with us.
Your comments about our Wi-Fi, the comfortable and adjustable bed are fantastic. The positive feedback about your stay is absolutely overwhelming.
Thank you very much for sharing all you positive impressions on tripadvisor.
It would be our pleasure to welcoming you back in the future.
With kindest Regards,
N.Syed
Auckland, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

Booked a room here as I had had a great experience in June. This time it was a big disappointment. I requested a high floor room. I was given a tiny room, on a low floor for which I paid double what I paid in June. No room service. Staff was unpleasant. heating was high and could not be adjusted.
Hard to understand how things could have gotten so bad in such a short time.
Perhaps new management.

Room Tip: ask for a room that faces away from the airport on a high floor
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank waiake1
FRAAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Applejuice12,
Thank you very much for providing your feedback reagrding your recent stay.
We are truly sorry to hear that this time your experience was not as great as you were used to and can assure you that this will remain a highly exceptional experience.
Although indeed we try to accomodate our guests as much as possible when it comes to a wish like "accomodation on a high floor", we must admit that our hotel is very popular indeed and that we can not always fullfill such special wishes. However whenever we can, we do so.
Your comment on our staff surprises me, as you will note from these Tripadvisor reviews and our hotel ranking on these websites that in general our team members are highly praised for their customer relations skills.
We can assure you that the management team is still the same and I would happy to meet you on your next stay so that I can personally ensure that your hotel experience is at least as good as is described in most of these Tripadvisor reviews and comments!
For your next stay I would recommend to book on our HGI site to ensure you get the best possible rate for your stay, guaranteed.
Applejuice12, we are looking forward to welcome you back again soon!
Ch. Muller
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

This hotel is the benchmark by which I will now measure other hotels for business travel. Clean and modern reception with good directions from Frankfurt airport which is within walking distance.

Room is clean and modern whilst a little small for some, was perfect for a single night's stay. Bed was very comfortable, iron and ironing board in the room.

Most importantly for me - hi-speed internet access via Wifi (for free) with a dedicated internet help button on the phone in case you needed it. I didn't but shows how much they know this is a critical requirement for business travellers these days.

Can't comment on food and drink as I don't partake (although free cold bottle of water on checkin was a nice touch).

Will definitely stay again - and seek out similar properties wherever I go.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear DavidJBLevine,
A big THANK YOU for recognising our efforts and for Hilton Garden Inn!
The convenience of not having to take a shuttle or taxi, is indeed highly valued by our guests in general, this really saves time and hassle usually. While you walk from frankfurt's main terminal, you can even leave your coat at home as you never even have to leave the buildings.
We indeed have not saved on our technical installations, no matter if this relates to the internet, TV system, or state of art "Garden Sleep System" beds. Also all guestrooms are adequately soundproofed so that you really have a good night rest. Internet, Fitness by Precor health Club and Business Center, including printing, are all complimentary indeed.
DavidJBLevine, we certainly hope that next time you will try our Mobley Burger, or extensive Breakfast Buffet, including Healthy Options, which make you even start the day better!
Looking forward to welcome you back at Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport!
Ch. Muller
Denver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed overnight between an intraeuropean Lufthansa flight and a flight back to Denver.

The hotel is a vast and very welcome improvement over the aging and down at the heel Sheraton at which I have stayed for 25 years. Room was small but very adequate. Nicely equipped with a large and bright bathroom. Good working desk and excellent wifi. Absolutely quiet despite aircraft out the window and trains below. I thought the restaurant menu a bit heavy and unimaginative. Next time ill try the hilton hotel restaurant. Check in and checkout was fast and convenient. There is a small market for food near front desk. There is a Starbucks just outside the hotel. Breakfast was a typical German hotel buffet.

The hotel is very easy to get to from terminal 1. Just follow the signs to the fernbahnhof and that will take you to the hotels. It was about a 12 minute walk from my flight that arrived at A 50 or so.

A great new addition to FRA.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Thank Thaud .
N S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear Toxdocdenver,
thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences here with fellow travellers.
Thank you ever so much for calling us a great new addition for the airport. We fully agree with you.
No matter if you’re arriving via plane, train or car our location is a great hub for exploring Frankfurt, Germany and many other destinations.
With rooms which are absolutely quiet, a gym and wellness area, I believe we offer a fantastic package for a stopover in Frankfurt.
Hopefully we will have the chance to be your host again Toxdocdenver, we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon!
With best regards,
N.Syed
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfurt
Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel
NH Frankfurt Airport
NH Frankfurt Airport
#1 of 8 in Kelsterbach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,326 reviews

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport? Share your experiences!