“Great location for stopover”

Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport
Ranked #25 of 271 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Booked one night following New Year tour. The location is excellent for proximity to the airport. The room was small but well appointed with a good selection of toiletries and teas. It was spotlessly clean. There are various outlets for food (mostly in the terminals) and shopping available too. There was a good selection of food at the breakfast buffet and you can have eggs cooked to your liking but we found the waiters abrupt. The reception staff were friendly and helpful. I would certainly recommend the Hilton Garden Inn at the Frankfurt Airport when looking for somewhere convenient while in transit.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
N S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Robyn M,
I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding your stay with us.
We are always thankful for feedback no matter of positive or negative and have discussed this with the department.
Feedback like yours makes it possible for us to improve our service every day
We are looking forward to welcoming you back here with us.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

This is a great hotel. Easy walk from anywhere in the airport. Very quiet, clean and helpful, friendly staff. The breakfast buffet was also very good. I will definitely stay here again next time I have to overnight in Frankfurt.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank millertime713

Dear Troy M,
thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback here on TripAdvisor.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and you are considering us for your next overnight stay already.
We are more than happy to welcome one of our loyal Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport back, whenever your journeys take you to Frankfurt.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Stayed here the last night of trip to Germany. Hotel is easy to get to from the A3 by following the signs for The SQUAIRE. The entrance is about 2/3 down the building on the right, where there is parking while you check in. Upon entering the building take the elevator or escalator up a level and go to the left to the hotel lobby (the lobby of the Hilton Hotel is right there too). If arriving from Terminal 1, follow the signs to the SQUAIRE or train station. Once in the building turn right and go up a level to the hotel lobby. The hotel is very new and modern. Front desk staff are friendly and efficient. Check in and out were very quick. Rooms are large, very clean, and well furnished. Lots of English TV channels.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
N S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear techdir,
How wonderful to read your fantastic review of the Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport here on TripAdvisor.
I am glad you fully enjoyed your stay with us from start to end and hope you had a great start into the New Year 2014.
Thank you from the entire Team for choosing us and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

This location was worth the expense. Became Ill will in conducting a relief operation and needed to head back. the staff was very professional and offered a nice dinner near closing to help me along. great choice Danke

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
N S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear StephStx,
I am happy to read we could be of assistance and help you out.
We hope you had a good onward journey and were able to continue your travels as planned after resting at the Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport.
Thank you again for your kind words and wishing you a successful start into the New Year 2014.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

This was the perfect hotel to combine a day of sightseeing in Frankfurt and flying back the next day to the United States. The hotel is perfectly situated above the Airport train station, which allows you to be in central Frankfurt within 20 minutes. The room was clean and nicely furnished - exactly what I would have expected of a Hilton Garden Inn. Breakfast was far better than expected. It took me just about 40 minutes the next morning to be at the airport and get checked i. I would use this hotel again in a heartbeat. The rate was also very reasonable.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Dear Kweill,
I am glad we were able to meet and exceed your expectations.
Thank you so much, dear Kweill, for posting a great review of the Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport here on TripAdvisor.
From the entire Hilton Garden Inn Team we wish you a great start into the New Year 2014 and hope to welcome you back during a future trip to Germany.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

I had a layover in Frankfurt from 8 a.m till 10 p.m. and thought I could take a shower, read my email, lay flat and sleep for a few hours before my second long flight in the evening at the Hilton Garden Inn where I had reserved a day room for 119 Euro. Here is what happened. The receptionist at the check in desk told me I should check out by 6 p.m. When I reminded her it was past 9 a.m. at the time and that I should be able to keep my room for twelve hours, she said she she will let me stay till 7 pm. I wanted not to leave my room before 8 pm since my luggage was already checked in and I was only two minutes walking distance from the Lufthansa departure area.
Second disappointment was when I entered my room and wanted to take a shower. There were no slippers in the room. When I called to ask for a pair of slippers I was told to go downstairs to the lobby where I could buy them for 4 Euros. It took them a while to find slippers when I went downstairs and then I was asked to go to the end of the long check in line to pay for them. I was upset and told them this was crazy. First of all, they should have slippers available in the room, and why should I have to pay 4 Euros for a pair of fabric slippers that I will use only once. They finally decided to take my room number, and allowed me to return to my room. I had already waisted an hour.
The next disappointment came when I wanted to check my email and had no wifi connection in the room. I was directed to their technical desk on the phone which took another hour of my time before they said they will work on the connection problem. I finally gave up and decided to get a few hours of sleep. It was getting close to noon time and I had waisted at least two hours given the inconveniences in this hotel. Just when I finally fell asleep, I was awakened by a phone call telling me I should check and see if I had wifi connection. I was simply disgusted. No slippers, no wifi connection, and now no sleep....

I wanted to drink some water but guess what, unlike any other 4 or 5 star hotel, there was not even a single bottle of drinking water in this room. I called the reception desk and once again I was told to go to the lobby where I could purchase it.

What is the purpose of a day room at an airport hotel that costs you 119 Euros? A room where you can take a shower, read your email, put your feet up and rest for a few hours. None of these conveniences were made available at the Hilton Garden Inn. I do not recommend this hotel. The Hilton Hotel next door, where we stayed last summer on the other hand was wonderful. Forget Hilton Garden Inn and try its neighbor next door if you have to stay at the airport. I must add the mattress at Hilton Garden Inn was terrible. It had no support, uneven and had a dip in the center.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank PHIZ
N S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear PeriHlz,
Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback on TripAdvisor.
We are very sorry to read that you were so disappointed with your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport.
Indeed the Hilton Garden Inn is a focused service Hotel Brand where for example all rooms have a mini-fridge which can be individually stocked with purchases at the Pavilion Pantry mini mart at the reception. At the full service Hilton Frankfurt Airport next door one would find a stocked minibar in the room instead.
For our transit passengers with a longer layover it is a great bonus that hotels at the airport offer so called day use rooms which are available between 09am and 18pm on the same day.
Dear PeriHlz, thank you once again for sharing your review with us and I do hope that in future you will give us a second chance and give us the opportunity to welcome you back.
With best regards and wishing you a great start into the New Year,

Reviewed 24 December 2013

If you are staying in Frankfurt for the night and then taking a train, this is perfect. Here is the good and bad -

1) Very clean.
2) Excellent buffet breakfast - don' think of a Holiday Inn Express or even a typical Hilton Garden Inn breakfast, think of a high-end Marriott or better breakfast. Fresh cooked waffles, omelets, eggs, and lots of good fresh food sitting out. All high quality. Got the breakfasts free with being Hilton Gold, but would pay $20 for this breakfast it I had to do so.
3) Rooms - Nice, functional, clean, but a little small. However, I was comparing them to American Hotel rooms. Compared to most of Europe, plenty of space.
4) Location - If you are catching a long haul train, the hotel is almost right on top of the station. The downside is that it and most of the airport hotels are quite a walk from the airport terminals. This one is also a fair walk from the local train terminals. However, there are a lot of shops and restaurants in the mall with the hotel.
5) Beds - The only real downside is that the beds are really hard. Too hard.

Overall, a very good hotel for it's purpose. I wouldn't spend a week here for a vacation, but for a night or two between flights or train rides it is perfect.

Room Tip: Great for stopovers, not great for week or more of vacation.