“Great airport hotel”

Ranked #27 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Houston, Texas
“Great airport hotel”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

The rooms are modern, clean and extremely quiet. The staff is efficient and friendly. The fitness center (shared with the Hilton next door) is excellent. Convenient location above the long-distance train station at the airport.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank D T
N S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear D T,
Thank you so much for your kind words. Clean, modern, quiet, convenient, efficient and friendly…just to name a few describing words you have used in your feedback about our hotel, which we are very proud of. I am glad you chose the Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport for your stay and we hope to welcome you back soon.
N.Syed

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Our review of this hotel might be a little biased, because we arrived in Frankfurt having spent the previous five nights in poky--but charming!--little hotel rooms in Scandinavia. Being North Americans, it was sure nice to have a reasonably large hotel room for one night, with a large bathroom, modern plumbing and laundry facilities, etc.! We made sure to enjoy it, as we would have over a week of more little hotel rooms during the rest of our trip in France. The staff were all extremely friendly, helpful and professional (frankly, we found this to be quite different from other service personnel in Frankfurt!). This is an excellent hotel, which partially made up for our less than excellent touring in the city.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank christiiiiine
Dear christiiiiine,
What an amazing feedback you have posted here on TripAdvisor.
Thank you so much for great review.
We hope you had a good onward journey and are looking forward to welcome you back soon on your next visit to Frankfurt Airport.
Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn, Frankfurt Airport in March 2014. I selected the hotel due to it's convenient location and great price offered online. It really is all about convenience, the hotel is located above the railway station in The Squaire, only a short walk (5 minutes) to terminal 1. However I was flying from terminal 2, so please allow approximately 20-25 minutes. But I knew this is advance, and it was no problem for me.

I only stayed 1 night, and I did not have time for breakfast as my flight was very early the next morning. However, I did have dinner at the hotel restaurant, and it was very good, no complaints at all.

As for the service, all of the staff I encountered were very nice and helpful. The check in/out process was quick and easy.

I had a room on the 6th floor, and although it was quite small, it was more than adequate for me. The bed was comfortable, the bedroom and bathroom were both very clean and well maintained, again no complaints.

I use Frankfurt airport frequently, and I will definitely use this hotel again in the near future.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank bramble08
N S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear bramble08,
thank you very much for your recommendation here on TripAdvisor. We were all happy to read such a great review.
Your feedback is highly appreciated and I am glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us here in Frankfurt.
We would be happy to have you back as our guest soon.
Saint Charles, Illinois
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Spent the last night of our stay in Germany at this hotel in order to easily catch an early morning international flight. Arrived by long-distance train and went up the escalator and there was the hotel! Loved the easy access to all the restaurants, sandwich/coffee and other shops in both the regional and long distance train stations. Some folks complain about the "long walk" to the airport and other areas but this is just the kind of stuff I love...all this stuff under one roof so I can safely prowl around on my own and get out of the hotel room.

Front desk staff welcoming and very helpful with easy check-in and check-out. Mini-shop next to the front desk with snacks, wine, travel necessities. Rooms smartly done up. Very modern and extremely clean. Price on room an absolute bargain.

Able to check in at the airport in the morning, check bag and then return to the room to prepare for the long flight (what a treat!).

Would highly recommend this property and hope to stay here again soon.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AngieB253
Dear AngieB253,
This is such a wonderful review! Thank you so much AngieB253.
I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. The location here at the airport is really one of a kind and you can enjoy exploring the Squaire and the terminals with all its facilities and restaurants.
I will gladly pass on and share your kind comments about our team. We are all very much looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport.
St. Louis
Reviewed 3 March 2014

A Hotel Inside an Airport inside a train station? Yup and this is a good one. Newer hotel just up the escalator from the long distance train station in the airport. Rooms are smallish but well appointed. Service is quick, Food was pricey but really very good. Clearly designed for folks in transit, they make a stop over easy and very comfortable.

Only complaint: Coffee with breakfast was sub par for normal German standards.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank execplatscum
Dear execplatscum,
Thank you very much for your kind review! Your comments are highly appreciated and I forwarded the nice words about our staff happily to my colleagues.
We do hope to have you back with us soon.
Best regards,
Argentina
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel as it is located at Terminal T1. If you arrive at Terminal T2 it will be necessary to find the Skyrail Train and travel to T1. As well there is plenty of walking involved to reach the hotel.
We found the room to be congested.. The room was far too small for the furniture provided. Other negatives were; We were unable to connect to the WIFI and gave up in frustration. The coffee/tea makings provided only 4 milk containers which were insufficient for even two cups of tea. (It is obvious that the hotel manager has never made himself a cup of milk tea with the contents provided.). We did not take our breakfast at the hotel as we considered it far too expensive. Instead we found the MacDonalds restaurant and saved Euro 40.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank JimsDairy
Dear JimsDairy,
Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback. I am sorry to read that you had trouble to connect to the internet. Our staff is always happy to help or to get assistance for you from the internet helpdesk.
Please rest assured that if you need any further amenities we are always glad to bring more items to your room.
On our website we have great offers and special package deals consisting of including breakfast rates as well. I do hope we will be able to welcome you back soon on a future trip through Frankfurt Airport.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I believe this hotel is one of the best airport hotels I've seen so far.
LOCATION. incredibly convenient location, close to:
- airport Terminal 1;
- German Railway's long-distance and regional stations. From regional stations suburban trains S8 and S9 go to FRANKFURT, Wiesbaden, Mainz, Kelsterbach and Hanau.
- Lufthansa AIRail service, very convenient travel to/from Cologne, Stuttgart and Bonn connecting to Lufthansa flights, using Rail&Fly service;
- Lufthansa buses to Heidelberg, Mannheim and Strasbourg.
The hotel located on the plaza, which actually is a mall with the cafes, bars, restaurants, nice shops etc under a glass roof. It was nice get out from hotel to nearest German's style beer restaurant Paulaner for a beer and bretzel.
PRICE. Seems to me as a real bargain. I've got a good Hilton hotel for a share of its full price.
STAFF. Friendly, quick and efficient. It was nice to get a live wake-up call made by receptionist.
ROOM (10218). CLEAN, nicely equipped for work (long working table with table lamp) and suitable for relaxing too. Toiletries stuff is supplied by Neutrogena, which by my opinion having highest quality. Everything around made in warm, pastel colours.
VERY QUIET inside. Surprisingly CLEAN AIR, which is always an issue in hotels near airports.
INTERNET. Really high speed internet, both Wi-Fi and wired. You can conveniently do your working stuff, Skyping or watching your favorite live stream programs. Wi-Fi: download speed 9.2 Mbps, upload 12.8 Mbps, ping 15 ms; Cable: download 9.8, upload 14.8, ping 0 ms.
GENERAL ENVIRONMENT. Starting from entrance to the hotel, going to elevators and my room - felt Hilton's hotel good sample of design, quality and cleanness.
ISSUES FOUND. Water pressure seems to be not enough. I felt smoking fumes in the corridor sometimes.
All negative reviews about this hotel seems to me are based either on misunderstanding or jet-lag problems. I did not find myself any of the issues mentioned in those reviews.
WILL RECOMMEND this hotel to my friends and business partners.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank AlexanderGB
N S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear AlexanderGB,
We are beaming with delight while reading this awesome review. We do indeed have a great location here at the Frankfurt airport and are proud of the service we are delivering to all our guests.
We work every day to keep up our high levels of hearty and genuine service and reviews like yours are signalling us that we are on the right path.
Having you as our guest makes us proud and I hope that we will have the chance to be your hosts many times more!
There is not much left for me to say except for: THANK YOU for this fantastic review and chosing the Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport for your stay!
With kindest regards,
N.Syed
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfurt
Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel
NH Frankfurt Airport
NH Frankfurt Airport
#1 of 8 in Kelsterbach
Park Inn by Radisson Frankfurt Airport

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport? Share your experiences!