“Awesome hotel and location”

Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport
Ranked #27 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
“Awesome hotel and location”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

I appreciated this hotel very much because it runs under American standards. The rooms are very nice and the staff is friendly. The location is also convenient for catching a flight the next day. The rooms feature adjustable mattresses, international tv and power outlets for all kinds of plugs. I would have stayed longer here but I needed to catch a flight.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
N S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Gus S,
Thank you very much for staying at Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport and for your nice comments about our hotel and staff!
Feedback is very important for us and we really appreciate that you took the time to share yours with us.
We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stop over here at the airport and we were able to meet your needs during the stay.
Gus S, it would be our pleasure to welcome you back here soon (and maybe then for a longer stay).
Best regards,
N.Syed

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Positive: Conveniently short walk from the airport, all of which can be done via buildings or covered walkway if you prefer. Wonderful staff: professional, efficient, and friendly.
Neutral: The rooms are average. Not stunning, but certainly clean and comfortable. A reliable place to rest.
Negative: None.

Here's the bottom line. After a long trip across the Atlantic Ocean, would I choose this place to get some desperately needed rest? Yes. Definitely.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank SFOPhD
Dear SFOPhD,
A reliable place to rest, to sleep well and enjoy their stay at the airport – that is what we want to offer our guests between stressful journeys. I am very happy about your comment on our staff and I passed it on to our team members.
SFOPhD – it would be our pleasure to be your host whenever your travels take you to Frankfurt.
Thank you once again for a great review.
Best regards,
Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Having never been to Germany, I decided to stay here because of other reviews and to be closer to my departure gate. The rooms are small but cozy, but I was solo, so families may find the rooms cramped. There are many shops and food choices within the airport. Other conveniences include easy access to trains, rental cars and cabs. Still amazed at how quiet the room is. I wish I would have had time to try out some of the amenities like the fitness center.
My only complaint(s) would be the tub wall is deceptive and I nearly fell getting out of the shower, and the water pressure is weak (however low water pressure in hotels is common).
If I ever get back, I would certainly stay here again, just for the ease of check-in and proximity to the outbound flights.

Room Tip: Visit Chillers and try the Krombacher Dunkel.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Thoz1
Dear Thoz1,
thank you so much for your review here on TripAdvisor.
I am glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay and would choose us again for the next stayover here in Frankfurt.
Please be assured that your feedback regarding the water pressure has been forwarded to the respective department for further consideration.
We would be more than happy to have you back as our guest in the future.
Angels Camp, California
Reviewed 27 March 2014

After a long day, the hotel receptionist was NOT helpful in our reservation. She said it had been cancelled and for us to go sit down while a manager looked into this. I asked her if there were any rooms left and she just shrugged her shoulders. After about 15 minutes I went back in line and she handed me over to a supervisor. She showed me an email that was sent to me (of course never rec'd because we were traveling). Our credit card was declined. My fault in that I had to cancel this card due to fraud and forgot I used it 2 months ago to book this hotel. She was friendly and gave us a room. Cost is WAY overpriced $247 for a night. We stayed at other hotel last year and cost was about $100 and included buffet breakfast. Same type of room. You are paying to stay at airport. Thought it was worth it but it's NOT. It was a long ways to walk. Could have easily taken the free shuttle to a hotel that was the same.

Room Tip: Rooms are small.. Less than friendly service
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lovemaui32724
Dear lovemaui32724,
Thank you for sharing your feedback here on Tripadvisor.
I am glad that we were able to solve the issue with the cancelled reservation upon your arrival.
For your next journey I would recommend to check online for early booker rates or special packages to make sure you get the best rate for your room. As we are working with daily rates you are able to get great savings when booking in advance.
We would be happy to have you staying with us again and hope you will still give us a second chance when passing through Frankfurt Airport.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Before I booked this hotel I sent an email to them thru the contact us feature with some questions as this was a group booking. I ended up speaking to one of the managers, Marc, who provided the best customer service I have ever received! It was a pleasure meeting him when we were checking in. When I pass thru Frankfurt again I will certainly stay here. The rooms were immaculate, beds comfortable and breakfast was delicious. We found the location at the airport very convenient as well we could easily take the train downtown without having to go outside.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Little Silver, United States
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This is a very good hotel for use when traveling within Frankfurt (for easy access to transportation) or city hopping in Europe. The Frankfurt Airport Hilton Garden Inn has a great staff very engaged with and supportive of travelers needs.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

N S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Gregg W,
Thank you for appreciating the hard work and commitment to doing what we love…hosting guests like you.
Dear Gregg W, we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Frankfurt Airport.
N.Syed
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfurt
Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel
#1 of 8 in Kelsterbach
Holiday Inn Frankfurt Airport
Holiday Inn Frankfurt Airport
#40 of 269 in Frankfurt

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport? Share your experiences!