“Very different concept combining the functionality of a hostel with the privacy of a hotel.”

MEININGER Hotel Frankfurt/Main Messe
Ranked #57 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Great idea combining the self catering of a hostel with the privacy of a hotel room. Room was small but functional with shower and very clean. Hotel has laundry facilities and cooking facilities as well so a cafe. Wifi in the rooms and in the lobby. Well worth for a cheap overnight at Frankfurt airport.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Duluth, Georgia
Reviewed 11 June 2012

The night before I left for Germany, I booked a room at Meininger in Frankfurt. When I arrived, it was more hotel than hostel, and the people I saw seemed older than I expected. My room was pretty cheap, and the entire hotel was very clean. The free wifi worked in my room and in the lobby. The windows were thick and kept the room quiet when closed. There was a thermostat in the room, so it was always comfortable.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
karratha
Reviewed 5 June 2012

right near the train line, we were impressed with German efficiency and quality of the room. the double glazed windows made the room so quiet. the staff were wonderfully friendly and helpful. would have loved to have stayed longer here. easy wifi access and great music playing in the reception area. looked up more Meiningers around the place but were booked out!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Gijion
Reviewed 27 May 2012

This was probably the worst experience I have ever had in a hotel. We had booked a two-day stay and when we came back the second day in the evening they said that there had been a problem with the reservation system and that our room was not our room anymore. Not enough with that they added that they HAD TAKEN OUR STUFF from the room and PUT IT IN BIG PLASTIC BAGS so they could reassign the room to other people. This happened without calling or telling us anything, even if they had my phone number that I gave when I made my reservation. On top of that, SOME OF OUR BELONGINGS AND EVEN MONEY WAS MISSING. They just tried to justify all by saying that they have had a failure in their system and they needed our old room for some more people. We immedialety asked for the stolen money back and to talk to the hotel manager. The receptionists didn´t want any problems and recommended us to talk to the next shift receptionists. Then we called to the police and made a police report. We asked receptionists to call but they showed themselves reluctant to do it so I did it myself. As soon as they realized that we had called they gaved us the money back and apologized.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Pepe P
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed 23 May 2012

The most serious problem is the credit card fraud that began a week after making my booking over the phone. I have had to cancel my card. Meininger has to put in place better controls to prevent this kind of thing.

We also had problems with the room. The reason why I called was to specify that we needed a room for five people. When we arrived after midnight, only two of the beds were made up and we had to make up the others. There was a bunk bed with no guard on the upper bed. There weren't enough pillows.

The location is convenient for exhibitions but otherwise not a nice section of town. There's no restaurants or coffee shops and the breakfast was expensive for a simple selection.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Clare R
Nagpur, India
Reviewed 19 April 2012

This is profesional grade simple hotel, recently built, so rooms and toilets are cleaner. The staff at reception are multi-ligual. The guest Kitchen is added feature for those who love to cook or warm there own food.

Though located adjacent to railway line, but the tightly closed windows effectively stops any outside noise.

Room Tip: There check-in time is usual 3.00 PM and checkout time is 10.00AM, But to have early check-in or lat...