“Nice stay great staff”

Ambassador Frankfurt Hotel
Ranked #97 of 268 Hotels in Frankfurt
“Nice stay great staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

Close to station. There is easy access to river & the old quarter. Great location for exploring. We were here for three days & enjoyed every minute.Hotel is bright & clean, staff are excellent & breakfast is as good as it gets. Will stay here again. It is very quiet at night and has just 70 ish rooms - ideal.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

This was a great short time hotel...with clean sheets hot water and a great buffet breakfast.
Located close in walk to the river...walk to the train station...service at the front desk was very agreeable ...they have wi fi....yeh

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
South Shields, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

My first impression on going into the hotel was this is ok for the price. Then I got upstairs --- we were on 7th floor, a I got out the lift there was a patch of underlay stuck down with duck tape! The room had a very strange smell when we went in. The basin in the bathroom was cracked. After tears, we went downstairs to request a different room. The receptionist offered us a different too. Through what can only be described as a building site--the actual room looked pretty tired but the bathroom was new but smelled of drains! The receptionist tried to get us into another hotel in the Accor group but no one could accommodate a family of 3! We decided to stay as the time was getting late. The room was noisy as we were right next to the lift. We went out for a walk only to discover that we were in the middle of Frankfurts red light district with our 13 year old son!
Breakfast was mediocre.
All in all this experience has put me off returning to what I am led to believe is a beautiful city!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Frankfurt hotels

Ferizaj, null, Serbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

Excellent service. Everything was clean. People that worked there was very polite and treated me with respect. I am very satisfied with the workers that served me at the bar. The prices were reasonable. Everything was close to here. I will come back to this hotel because I am very satisfied.

Room Tip: 105 street side 1st floor
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

I've been staying at this hotel for over twenty years. Reasonably priced even during peak fair times when other hotels jack up their rates, it's two blocks from the main train station, and it's an easy walk with your luggage. The hotel is next to the Intercontinental, only a block from the river, and also a leisurely stroll to downtown shopping,the cultural venues of Frankfurt, and the cruise ships that run the Main, Rhine and Mosel rivers. The breakfast is always good, and the service is friendly and helpful. I always recommend this to my friends and business colleagues alike, and I've never heard anything but thanks for the tip. Try it next time you're in Frankfurt.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
hong kong
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

I stayed two nights there. The location is good, very close to the train station and there are restaurants and shops nearby. The buffet breakfast is fine, though the choices are limited, the quality is good. The breakfast room is trendy and fresh and it is the best of the hotel.

The room was clean, however there was no air-conditioning and it was hot. During my stay in Frankfurt, the temperature went up to 34 to 35C. One can imagine it is intolerable to stay in the room during day time. At night you must open the window but it was not safe if without using any bars. It was because each room has emergency stair outside and you can climb to other floors or rooms. I tried to lay down the window bar curtain but it allowed little holes to air. For two nights, I could hear noise (people's talking) after mid-night. In the morning around 7, noise again as a result of throwing of rubbish or moving tables or something. My husband and I both think it is a bad choice to stay in this hotel. Anyway we were a bit lucky as our room faced the backyard. If the room faced the main street, it could be a lot noisier and disturbing.
You don't need a key card to use the elevator to go up the room. And there are restaurants and bars nearby and I think the security is not very high. During the trip this time, I also stayed in another Ibis styles hotel in Berlin and it was much better. Good security and has air-conditioning and this will not affect the sleeping quality due to the noise.

Room Tip: choose a hotel room with air-conditioning
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank happylittlewood
Colombo, Sri Lanka
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

walking distance from central location. With Ibis branding. room was good. staff were very helpful and friendly in recommending local hot-spots. Room was booked in on B&B and the breakfast was absolutely lovely. wonderful ambiance and convenient location. thumb up!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family