“Disappointing”

Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt City Hauptbahnhof
Ranked #51 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I travel a lot and invariably use the Holiday Inn brands as I know what to expect. Generally they offer basic but comfortable accommodation, decent food, and friendly, helpful staff. Unfortunately this particular hotel fell short on both the food and the staff. Perhaps I should of checked, but there is no restaurant in this hotel. This isn't great when you're travelling on your own and don't want to roam the streets looking for somewhere to eat. It also means that breakfast was a poor range of cold cuts and croissant. The staff were abrupt and didn't seem particularly interested in anything that I needed. This included nothing fancy, just a wake up call request, and a taxi booking. Needless to say, I won't go back to this particular hotel.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Not_that_Potter
HIEXFRAAD, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt City Hauptbahnhof, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

Dear Mr. Not_that_Potter,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt HBF.

I believe you may confuse Holiday Inn with Holiday Inn Express. We are the latter. The main differentiators to a Holiday Inn are:
* rooms are slightly smaller
* breakfast is "only" Continental
* hotels do not have a restaurant

As for the breakfast you may have noticed that we did not charge for the Continental type we provided. This is a standard with Holiday Inn Express.

I will make sure to include your comment on staff friendliness in the next staff meeting. I fully agree with you that a warm welcome and attentiveness to guest requests is a key concern.

Kind regards
Arndt Writzel, Manager

Reviewed 15 May 2013

Stayed for one night before joining a tour. Easily accessible via a five minute walk from the train station. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Room was spacious and well lit. Tea and coffee making facilities were in the room. Bathrooms were modern, clean and spacious. Breakfast was included in the room rate, and was more than adequate for our needs. Conveniently located within an easy walk to the city centre. Would happily stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Judy21Australia
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I stayed here whilst the Music messe was on and whilst the location is great its very overpriced for what you get. At most other times the cost is well prices but at 240 euro a night during my stay I found that not relative to the hotel itself The rooms are very spacious but the beds are very basic so the mattresses are not comfortable. It unfortunately the case that all the hotels seem to hike up their prices when the dates for the messe are announced so there is no other alternative.

The breakfast was good and the bar service was reasonable. I did put a shirt into dry cleaning but that took 48 hours to come back to me and ended up going into my case when i was leaving so it was waste of money. Idid put it in early in the morning but it did not come back the next day as stated so bear this in mind if you want to do laundry

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt City Hauptbahnhof, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Dear ethixman,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am happy to read that you found our location to your liking and that you also appreciated our breakfast choices.

I am sorry to hear your troubles during your stay. In times like this, when guest arrivals increase, we make sure that our rates remain competitive with other hotels in the area. I am sorry if you found our rates to be expensive.

Your comments will be reviewed by hotel's management and will be used to improve guest services. While you are not 100% satisfied, I hope you give us another chance of serving you again in the future.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Great place, wifi only in lobby, we upgraded our room.. Which was little bigger than others .. But amazing view.breakfast had a nice spread.. Service and staff are quite friendly.. Walking distance to the main station ..can even walk with luggage

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Rucheez
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I would give this hotel 5 stars except they said they had cribs available online but when I checked in the guy at the front desk said he would look for one and let me know. Two hours later I called back after not hearing from him and he said he would check upstairs, however, he didn't think they had any, but he could get us one in the morning (hello... how in the world would that help me when I am only staying one day?) Needless to say, he never called back and my 9 month old had to sleep on the floor. Even if he would have called back it would have been better than me having to call twice and then never hearing back. We live in Germany and it wouldn't have been a problem for us to bring a pack n play, so next time I will do just that. On the other hand, I loved the location of this hotel. People were saying it was in a semi-bad area, I didn't think so at all and walked to the Zeil with my son and felt very safe. Also there are a ton of great restaurants right near by, and a Starbucks about a 7 minute walk away which is a huge plus for me! The rooms were clean, new and standard... would go back again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank appleseoul1234
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Not special comments in room and lobby as all in Express by Holiday Inn style. Very good room rates with free breakfast. Breakfast quality and choices is better than what i expected. Location is good as only 6-7 mins walk from the train station (we supposed get a taxi from train station but the driver told us that it is in walking distance). Easy access to shopping area and takes around 15 mins walk. Few restaurants are just next to the hotel and you will finds some pubs and bars nearly as well. Overall it is a good hotel just not offer free in room wifi.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Eastway501
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Very nice and clean little hotel two blocks from main station
immediate surroundings a little drab and sordid
Not cheap but ok
Service very good, rooms clean, showers good, internet works
Breakfast room clean and friendly, food very basic
Will I go back? Yes if need to leave early or arrive late.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same, sometimes noisy if facing the street - Elbestrasse
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business