“Good during Bookfair madness!”

Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt City Hauptbahnhof
Ranked #46 of 268 Hotels in Frankfurt
London
“Good during Bookfair madness!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

Just returned following my third stay at this hotel during the Bookfair in Frankfurt, and really I couldn't grumble about it at all. Working in publishing i've made the trip to Frankfurt in October for the past eleven years, and stayed in a variety of different hotels, but this has definately been the best.
Rooms are quite large by previous comparisons of hotels i've stayed at in this city, and I quite like the fact that you are given a choice of pillows, and have proper double quilts (unlike single quilts on a double bed as other hotels have provided). The showers are good, hot and powerful. Safe's are provided in each room, although they are tiny, and only just big enough for an i-pad.
Breakfast is continental style, and though not vast is definately acceptable to start your day with. There is a small bar area in reception, although the selection is not vast, but fine for a quick drink prior to going out to dinner whilst meeting colleagues (thus not a destination bar). This area could be improved upon easily, just by dimming the lighting in the evenings and having some music otherwise it's quite clinical.
Wi-fi is 5euros for 24 hours, and once connected has been reliable.
Staff on the front desk have been very helpful with directions, and any queries i've had.
I don't know how much my company pays, as it's a group booking, but I imagine that like everywhere else prices are inflated to their highest during the bookfair
The hotel's location is about a five minute walk from the main train station in Frankfurt, so if arriving by train very convienient, and if you are going to the Messe it's about a 20/25 minute walk.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
fraad, Gust Service Assistant at Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt City Hauptbahnhof, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear Rebecca,

thank you very much for your review on our Hotel!

Every feedback from our guests is extremely important for us and we take all your reviews very seriously.

We really appreciate the choice of Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt City Hauptbahnhof!
It is a pleasure to read that you liked your room and felt comfortable during your stay with us.

Especially during the fair- "madness" :-) we try to make the stays our guests as nice and comfortable as possible.

We hope that you will stay for the next bookfair again in our hotel and wish you all the best!!

Guest Service Assistant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

This hotel is well located just 10 minutes walk from Frankfurt Hbf, good hotel for a short stays for or transit to other cities if you are using Frankfurt as an arrival city. Good access to tourist places by walking and trams, Staff are well trained, great help, muti-languages speaker (Thai speaking receptionist is very impressive for me in Germany!) Clean Room and breakfast is adequate with great staff services.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
fraad, Guest Service Assistant at Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt City Hauptbahnhof, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear Mr. CeeWorldTravel,

thank you for your review and the high score you gave to our Hotel!

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and found our rooms really nice! It was a pleasure to have you staying with us!

On behalf of my team I would like to thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt City Hauptbahnhof and express the hope to see you again in the nearest future!

Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

I was thrilled to get a last minute deal to stay in this neighborhood. This was not at all what I expected from a Holiday Inn - the place was excellent! Large, quiet, modern, comfortable rooms situated on a nice side street from a vibrant area of Frankfurt. Catching the trams was very easy and there are many good restaurant options nearby. I will look into this hotel on my next visit to Frankfurt.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Dear Mimicry,

thank you for your review and the high score you gave to our Hotel!

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and found our rooms really nice and comfortable! It was a pleasure to have you staying with us!

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

I picked this hotel because it was close to the Hauptbahnhof, the price, and on the basis of the tripadvisor reviews and I'm happy to report success on all fronts. I think it's a great value hotel. The fruhstuck buffet is not huge but it's good - you can eat healthy and get a coffee and that's all I want from a hotel breakfast.
I like the room I was in- it was modern and clean and was a perfectly adequate size. I also like the proximity to Merkez on Munchener Strasse - best Doner Kebab ever.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Tripadvisor User,

we are thankful that you found the time to write about your impressions of our Hotel! I am really glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt City Hauptbahnhof! Every guest is extremely important for us and it is the best praise when we read such reviews from you-it means you notice our work and efforts and we lived up to your expectations and which is the best and the most important thing for us!

We wish you all the best and sincerely hope to welcome you again during your next trip to Frankfurt!

Best regards,

Jugon-les-Lacs, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Actually, I really liked this place and it was simply a bonus that it was such great value. Only a 10 minute walk from the Frankfurterhoff where I had my first meeting of the day. The place was clean, but efficient. The room was fine, very clean and had everything that you would expect from a decent hotel. The place was secure, which was good because things get a bit rough as you get closer to the train station, which is not that far away. The staff were very professional and friendly. I enjoyed a red wine and scotch before turning in and the bed was great. I definitely recommend this place. The breakfast was good enough to get me going in the morning.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Mr. Bruce G.,

thank you very much for your nice review on our hotel !

We are putting a lot of efforts into making our guests happy and comfortable at our Hotel and it really means a lot to us when our customers give us such nice feedbacks. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we really appreciate the high rating you gave us on tripadvisor.com!

I would like to thank you for choosing our Hotel and to wish you all the best for your upcoming trips! I hope we will see you again during your next visit to Frankfurt!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed for three nights and I can say we couldn't have asked for more. Our room was comfortable, the staff friendly, the breakfast good, and we were located very close to the Hauptbahnhof. I enjoyed the bar that was in the lobby and one of their new employees, Natalie, did a great job helping me. I highly recommend this hotel for those that want to be close to shopping, sight seeing and travel.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Mr. Lawdoglaa,

we are putting a lot of efforts into making our guests happy and comfortable at our Hotel and it really means a lot to us when our customers give us such nice feedbacks. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we really appreciate the high rating you gave us on tripadvisor.com!

I wish you all the best and we really hope to welcome you again in the nearest future!

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights from Oct 6th to 8th. Hotel is well located, close to HBF station ( 4 blocks), I could walk with my heavy luggage from HBF station & easy to get to from the airport. Check in was fast & easy. Front desk staff are polite though could have been friendlier. While they answered all my questions & queries with a practised ease, a little more smiling attitude & warmth wouldn't hurt. As they are dealing with people from different countries & cities, a little proactive attitude would be beneficial. Room was very clean & well made, the bed was wobbling when I moved from one side to another so I was a little scared to turn around lest I fall down. Please check beds of Room # 104 please. Breakfast was good, though expected the croissants & Danish to be a lot more flaky like the ones you get in Paris. Overall a great experience & I would recommend this hotel to business travellers & families surely.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
fraad, Guest Service at Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt City Hauptbahnhof, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Iallirx,

thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us!

Your opinion is very important for us and we take all your comments very seriously. It seems to me that you were not completely satisfied with your check in experience and we will definitely take all the corrective actions in order to improve it.

I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel and to wish you all the best for your upcoming trips.
I hope we will see you again during your next visit to Frankfurt.