“Good hotel for a city trip”

Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt City Hauptbahnhof
Ranked #53 of 271 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel is situated 5 minutes away from Franfurt Central Station.

Within 5 minutes you get to Main waterside, within 15 minutes you get to the heart of the city with Römer and Cathedral.
The hotel is situated in an international urban district. Next to the hotel is an italian and asian restaurant as well as a supermarket.

It offers the modern Holiday Inn Express standard and adresses international customers.
I could hear English, Spanish and Chinese. Great for globetrotters.

I liked the green shade of color of the hotel logo as well as the blue shades of color in the rooms.
The room contains all essential features for a city- or business-trip, for instance a safe, water boiler, little desk, modern flat screen.
The glas shower is superb.
Not optimal is the water bassin which is to high.

Breakfast was sufficient for a good start in the day and comprised rools, rice bread, cheese, sausage, hot beverages, eggs etc.

Unfortunately, the rolls were not the best and obviously crisped up. I can not understand that as near the hotel there was a sufficient number of bakeries.

The hotel staff at the bar in the evening was very friendly and helpful and even had a smile in the face.

However, at check-in, the personal welcome was lacking. At check-out, nobody asked whether I was satisfied with my stay or not.

Within short time, this is the second Holiday Inn Express I visited where I had to criticize that.
Not understandable, as the first impression is so important in all areas of life.

Conclusion: The Hotel receives a "very good". If I receive a cordial welcome and fresh rolls at breakfast at my second stay, the hotel probably will get an "excellent".

The hotel is a very nice hotel for a city trip in this metropolis.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
fraad, Junior Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt City Hauptbahnhof, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear TravellingMatt36,

thank you very much for your online review and your high rating.

We are delighted to see that you had such a pleasant stay with us and that you were satisfied with the style and ammenities in your room. We are terribly sorry to hear that you feel the welcome was not very warm and we shall work on this as it is very important for us to make our guests feel welcome and at home during their stay. The breakfast rolls, as well as the mini pain au chocolats and the croissants are baked fresh at the hotel every morning to ensure our guests have a great and tasty start to their day.

We hope to see you again next time at Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt City Hauptbahnhof.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

A friend of mine suggested this hotel for a buisness trip I had in Frankfurt.Location is quite near the train station and only 15 minutes away from city centre on foot.It is just off the red light district but quite safe and tranquill area.
Receptionists were very friendly and could speak good English since I do not speak German.Room quite spacious and even ensuite bathroom clean and shiny.Breakfast was perfect.
Something to note on a personal level was that one night since I did not carry an umbrella,and I needed to go out ,the receptionist offered me an umbrella to make my night more comfortable.
Definitely will re stay and suggest it to friends.Guest room 222.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank cliftonMalta
fraad, Junior Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt City Hauptbahnhof, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear cliftonMalta,

Thank you for your online review and high rating.

We are delighted to see that you were so satisfied with your stay. We are glad that our helpful staff made you feel welcome during your stay and that you feel we went the extra mile to make your time with us even more convenient. Breakfast is included for all of our guests and we are glad to see that you were pleased with this facility.

Thank you again for taking the time to write an online review and for your future recommendations, we look forward to seeing you again next time.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Moderately sized room.

Clean, nice and modern styled hotel.

Good continental breakfast with satisfactory selection.

10 minutes away from main train station or 5 minutes away from other transport.

10 to 15 minutes away from financial centres, 20 minutes away from shopping centres.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank RCV-MT
fraad, Junior Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt City Hauptbahnhof, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear RCV-MT,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay.

We are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were particularly pleased with the cleanliness and design of the hotel and also our inclusive continental breakfast.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We walked from the main station to this hotel easily. Room is big, clean and well equipped. Breakfast was good. After putting down our luggage, we just walked to Frankfurt city centre to explore the city. There are lots of restaurants in the area around the hotel, especially middle-eastern foods. Unfortunately, access to Wifi in the room is not free. (Bearing in mind that most hotels give free Wifi nowadays.)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear binben,

thank you for your online review.

We are pleased to see that you found the hotel to be conveniently placed and that you were satisfied with your room, its amenities and our inclusive continental breakfast buffet. We are grateful for your comments and we are proud to announce that Wifi is now available free of charge in our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed in Frankfurt for one night at the Holiday Inn Express Hauptbahnhof.
I took the train from the Frankfurt airport and arrived approximately 30 minutes later at the Hauptbahnhof, main train station. I walked from the main train station to the hotel and this was a 5-10 minute easy walk.
The employee/lady at the hotel lobby was extremely friendly and spoke English well, despite me speaking to her in my mid level knowledge of the German language.
I was given a room on the third floor.
The room was very clean and quiet. There was a coffee machine to make coffee or tea, a flat screen TV and great duvet blankets.
I booked the room with breakfast included and it was well worth it.
The breakfast the next morning was quite good and sufficient. Breads, cold cuts and cheese, yogurts, coffee, juices, etc.

The only slight mishap, was just by error, though something I feel I have to mention.
Upon checking in, I went to my room and within 15 minutes, I heard someone trying to open my door. As I walked to the door, someone indeed opened my door and began to enter the room, whereas I said, "hello, there is someone in this room". Apparently, they had given the gentleman the same room and keys for that room, at the same time they checked me in and gave me the same room as well, just that he took longer to check in and arrive in the room.
I went to the lobby to discuss this mishap and they gave me new keys to be on the safe side (as they gave the gentleman a new room and new keys).

There has been much talk of the location and safety.
Indeed, one should be careful in the area at night, and surely during the daytime as well. but I did not feel scared or worried at ANY given point during my stay in this hotel. I arrived at approximately 9PM and walked to the hotel. I am a woman who was traveling alone.

I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Marcia21868
fraad, Guest Service Assistant at Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt City Hauptbahnhof, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear Marcia21868,

Thank you for your positive and detailed online review.
We are glad to see that you found our location easily accessible due to the close proximity of the main train station and that you were warmly welcomed upon arrival.
We are also pleased to see that you were satisfied with you room and its facilities and also our assorted breakfast buffet.
We are terribly sorry to hear about the small confusion during check-in, this was only due to both rooms being checked in at the same time, but I am glad that we resolved the issue by renewing your room cards and changing the room for our other guest.
The safety of our guests is a high priority of ours and it pleases us greatly to see that you felt at ease.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time.

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Frankfurt was our last stop on our vacation and after reading reviews here and comparing rates, we picked this property. It actually was the best value and lowest rate of all our stays.Very efficient, warm staff that spoke English, large, clean room, and nice shower. The neighborhood is a bit rough but the hotel is very secure. The breakfast was included in the rate and was good. WiFi was not free but there was a computer lobby free to use. I would definitely come back here. No problem getting to airport from train station.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear mrsdagle,

thank you for your high rating and online review. We are so pleased to see that you enjoyed your
stay and we thank you for your words of praise.

It is good to hear that you chose our hotel due to the great value for money and the amount of positive feedback from our guests.

We thank you again for your lovely and informative review and we hope to see you again next time.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

September visit for 3 days pre cruise. Excellent location. Best breakfast, selection large, great service. Early departure meant resturant not open. Front desk rushed to resturant and packed a quick "to go" breakfast. Rooms larger than most for price. Got recommendations for local resturant that were excellent value. I use Frankfurt as my central staging point for all my Europe trips and this hotel will be used every time.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
fraad, Guest Service Assistant at Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt City Hauptbahnhof, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear xtaagent,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a pleasant online review.
We are delighted to see that you were so pleased with our practical location and our services. We are particularly glad that you enjoyed the varied selection at the breakfast buffet and our friendly and helpful staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time!