“Frankfurt, at the Corner”
Review of The Corner Hotel

The Corner Hotel
Ranked #51 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Need a modestly cheap, easy to reach minimal hotel?

When arriving to Frankfurt am Main, from Europe's 2nd biggest airport, take the S train to Hauptbahnhof and take a 6min walk to the left to Mainzer Landstrasse's Corner.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Peter-Altorjai
There are newer reviews for The Corner Hotel

Reviewed 23 August 2012

All I was doing was staying in Frankfurt one night and two days. I needed a hotel in the city centre at a reasonable cost to keep the price of the visit sensible. This hotel fitted the bill. I found it as part of a hotel and flight package on Expedia.

It's less than a 5 minute walk from the hauptbahnhof (main railway station) which is ideal when arriving by train from the airport. Trams are right outside and the U- and S-bahn underground and train networks are back at the station. Having said that, Frankfurt city centre isn't that large so walking is a viable option.

I was travelling alone so just needed the hotel as a place to sleep and for this it was perfect. As I didn't book breakfast the following morning, I don't know if it was even served. Although the lobby is a little small (I hope groups never turn up at once), the fit out and decor is very modern. My room was adequate, not large, not small and on a scorchingly hot weekend, the air con was excellent. You could keep it running for when you came back as well.

Everything looked fresh and modern in both the bedroom and bathroom. My room overlooked the main road but the double glazing meant I heard nothing. The only slight niggles were that there was only one pillow on the bed and not another in the room. Also, there are no common area toilets so when I was leaving late in the evening to get back to the airport, there are no facilities available to use.

The sole members of staff on reception were friendly and spoke good English. There are free maps of the city available. With only 50 rooms, this isn't a large hotel but it more than served my purpose and I would recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Stayed here one night, though didn't even sleep in the room, since my flight out the next morning was so early. Upon arrival, the hotel seemed nicely done with a contemporary feel, not the old worn out decor of other old world hotels.

Arriving to my room on the 5th floor, was a nice single room, nicely decorated with a flat-screen TV, central air conditioning and modern and clean bathroom. Being on the 5th floor, and overlooking the inner-courtyard, the hotel room was very quiet. Even along the street, I would think those rooms would be quiet too, as it's far enough from the train station, but a close walk.

I would recommend this hotel, as I've stayed in quite a few around the Hauptbahnhof area in Frankfurt.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank globetrekker728
Reviewed 27 July 2012

In April 2012, I rented a car in Frankfurt with Sixt (the best deal then) and drove through Germany, Austria, Slovakia (Bratislava only) Slovenia and Croatia for 25 days. I stayed in 20 hotels and spent an average of 72 Can/US dollars per night, which is way cheaper than the prices in Canada and USA. Based on this experience, I will rate those 20 hotels.

TWENTIETH (and last!) REVIEW: Corner Hotel, Frankfurt, Germany

The hotel is a five-minute walk to the main train station, that's it best asset. Apart from that, it's just ok, small, very basic room, no free internet, but it was cheap, and that mattered a lot, as it was my last night in Europe and I was running low on money. But what really freaked me out was all those doors on my floor I had to open and shut to get to my room. It was like the opening sequence of the TV show "Get Smart"! can anyone explain me that? I mean, no big deal, but it was weird, no doubt… Anyway, the hotel is a good deal, al in all considered.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Lucia G
Reviewed 28 May 2012

good location for Messe, but so noisy. Rooms were hot with poor air con, but then it was so noisy outside it wasn't really an option to open the windows.
Good modern bathrooms, room decor was tired.
I complained and asked for a room change due to the heat but found reception to be quite unhelpful.
(ice cream shop opposite the hotel...try the banana ice cream! Delicious!)

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room at back of hotel, not on the corner
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank flyflybutterfly1
Reviewed 17 April 2012

The hotel is near by the train station, around 150 mts and its a walk distance to the city center. The rooms are ok . Good value for Frankfurt!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank olasBH
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Everything is relative – also the name hotel sometimes.
Is it really a hotel or would it maybe rather deserve the name ‘motel’? hm…
Nonetheless nothing – or at least not much - wrong with this place considering the quite good rate I paid for the one night stay in this very centrally located ‘hotel’ and all I really needed was a bed for a few hours sleep (is there any breakfast offered at all? And if so why wasn’t I offered to book it during check-in? Is there a bar, restaurant etc. which usually makes a hotel deserve being called one??? anyway...). The place seems to be fairly new, the room was very clean (big puls!!! only thing I was actually hoping for...), bathroom spotless. I had a single and (as expected) the room was with single bed and very small, the bathroom (just shower, no bathtub) was good sized. Flat screen tv, no mini-bar (hmm was actually asked at the check-out if I had anything from the mini-bar but couldn’t find it when I was looking desperately for it… anyway you are 5 min away from the main train station… if you need booz you’ll get it over there). No complaints (ok, my key-card didn’t work twice and the room was a bit noisy) if you look for a cheap, centrally located place for a night… don’t expect much and you won’t get disappointed! .

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo