“Not that great!”
Review of The Corner Hotel

The Corner Hotel
Ranked #51 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights. Location was great, close to everything including the red light district...lol!!! The reception staff were not that friendly. Rooms were tiny and had a distinct odor. Will not stay here again!

3  Thank princessway

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I booked this hotel as it was offering a very good weekend rate and was located close to the main station in Frankfurt and also close to the person I was visiting. Room was clean and comfortable, staff spoke good English and were helpful.

We booked through a third party and so wifi was not included free (it is if you book direct with them) however it's only €2 per day per device, and they waived the charge a couple of times.

Not luxurious, but very pleasant and would stay there again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Robert B
Reviewed 3 October 2013

This hotel is very centrally located for both the Railway Station and also the Convention Centre. There is a tram stop right outside the door, which makes travel around Frankfurt very easy - or just a short walk to the railway station (1 block). The room we had faced away from the street & was very quiet. I would ask for one of those again. The reception are is very small & although the room wasn't ready when we arrived (about 10am), they were happy to keep our bags until later in the day. Internet is charged at 2 Euro a day if you book through an outside supplier, but free if you book directly with the hotel. WOuld use again for location alone, but very comfortable for our needs.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the street
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Barbara H
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Stayed here in early September for 3 nights. The room is super clean and modern. The staff was very courteous. It was steps away from the tram. And it was a short walking distance to see the Auto Show. It was pretty hard to find a place to have an 'American' breakfast (eggs, sausage) there. We were told to go around the corner to another hotel, but the breakfast buffet was quite scarce. We ended up going to a 5 star hotel restaurant (Steigenberger Hotel) and had a wonderful breakfast for 17 euros. One suggestion is I think the staff could learn some information about what is available in the area, also I wanted to take a cruise on the Rhine (a flyer I got from the hotel lobby) and I asked reception where I could get the boat and they misdirected me, I ended up missing the cruise.
Overall, I think you can't beat the price. We stayed in a room that had a wonderful view of the city. The room was on the fifth floor, the rooms that my family stayed in did not have a nice view at all.

4  Thank emilyj11
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Hotel is centrally located, close to the Frankfurt main station, so provides for easy commute within & outside of the city. Has good multi-cuisine restaurants around so people of different tastes can enjoy meals of their own choice.
The rooms and the lift lobby need a bit of refurbishing as its become slightly old and has a bit of foul smell, possibly due to the wet monsoon season when i visited the hotel.
However, for the rate they offer, i think it surely does make for a value for money hotel for a short stay on business.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank talk_to_msp
Reviewed 7 September 2013

The hotel is located just a few minutes from the Main Train Station in Frankfurt. It was very easy to get here from the airport via the S-Bahn which runs every 15 mins and is under 5 euros. The hotel rooms were very clean and comfortable. Depending how you book, internet is available either free or for a small fee (2 euros). The hotel is on a main street and you are close to the convention centre, business district and within a short walk of the old town. I used the hotel twice, once in Aug and once in September and both times they were able to get me my room early in the day. Overall a great place to stay to use as a home-base in Frankfurt.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Scottie310
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I would recommend this hotel for two things . The Location ( if your use the public transport alot ) and the service at the hotel. I was extremely impressed by the service given at this hotel. There was a french girl at the reception who was extremely polite and helpful. To be honest, I have worked with the hotel industry for a while and one thing I have learnt is that I get to know who genuinely wants to help me and who is trying to get rid off me. The staff which interacted with me during my stay thats mostly the french girl at the reception really won my recommendation. She always had a assertive and was also very knowledgeable about most of the tourist attractions. I would guarantee that anyone who is willing to stay in this hotel will not regret their stay since i had an amazing stay.

9  Thank NABEL S