“Stylish Richard Meier designed building”

Restaurant Emma Metzler
Ranked #480 of 2,702 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Price range: US$9 - US$29
Cuisines: French, German
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sachsenhausen-Nord
Reviewed 22 December 2015

I stopped here for a break after several hours of Frankfurt sightseeing. The restaurant is housed in a modern white building designed by Richard Meier, that sits near the river. It reminded me of the High museum in Atlanta. The interior has a very clean appearance, with splashes of color coming from the paintings on the wall. One side of the restaurant seemed to be geared more for those who were there to dine. I can't say much about the food since I was only there for a drink. I did see the menu, food prices were on the expensive side, including the desserts. Staff seemed pleasant.

Reviewed 27 July 2015

We chose the 'surprise menu' with accompanying wines - plenty surprises, though our main sounded way better than it turned out in taste ...- matching wines could have been chosen better as well and were 'underwhelming'. Most annoying was the lack of visual excitement in this gigantic and spacious 'hall'. Staff was good - unfortunately we had a drunk and obnoxious lot right next to our table, which did not help the evening. Will give it another go in a week and choose the items off the menu myself ...!

Reviewed 19 July 2015

I came here with a friend in June because the weather was nice and we could walk along the river after diner. The food (veal with in season asparagus and I had steak) was perfeclty prepared and the dessert was also yummy. The wine list was to be expected and the recommended Spätburgunder was very good. I can highly recommend this place for people who appreciate fine cuisine (or who are on expenses).

Reviewed 30 May 2015

Likes: Delicious food, wonderful service, beautiful architecture of building. Location near river
Dislikes: It was of course expensive

Reviewed 29 April 2015

A wonderful hidden gem: idyllic and tranquil garden for a excellent lunch; creative cuisine with very fresh ingredients and very good service. You will not be disappointed.