“Great pizza” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bistro Ristorante Rucola

Bistro Ristorante Rucola
Ranked #462 of 2,444 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Innenstadt
Vancouver
“Great pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

We were staying at the Westin and thus was recommended as a good nearby pizza. I asked the waiter if he was featured in a photo on the wall and he said no, it was from 1971. I said that I was in Ffm then and always went to Pizza Petro in Sachsenhausen and he said that the photo was taken there by the founders of this restaurant. So, obviously my taste in pizza has not changed much! The pizza are still very good, with a nice thin crust.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Frankfurt, Germany
“The best Italian in Frankfurt”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

A great place to eat with family, friends or for business, great Italian food at a reasonable price, family run restaurant been around for many years I was told. The waiters all speak English witch is good, summer time it's the best place to eat out side on the Berger strasse.i have been eating here regular for the pass 4 years and I might be a bit bias too due to the fact I live about the Rucola:-)

• Visited December 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

I don't get the fuss, this place comes highly recommended, the pizza is average, pasta so so. And the secundi platti forget about it.. Terrible open wines.....Busy with the locals though, maybe because its fairly priced, but it's nothing to get excited about

Visited April 2013
Geneva, Switzerland
“go for tagliatelle with white truffles - amazing food in average looking bistro”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2012

Colleague invited me to this restaurant. When we arrived I was quite skeptical as from outside it looked more like a cheap, old fashion Italian bistro in Germany i.e. not good. Now, the ambience in this case is a wrong indication of what food you can expect. As always I have asked for staff reco and ended up with octopus salad as a starter and tagliatelle with (a lot of) with truffles. Both were simply delicious. Some of the best Italian food I had in a while. Finally, a bill was also a nice surprise as for 2 course diner, coffees and soft drinks for 2 we paid only 70 Euro. Net, just go for it!!!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Barcelona, Spain
“10EUR cigarette charge on my bill (i don't smoke)???”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012

The food was excellent for the price range, the staff were very helpful and made good recommendations. On top of that the wine was also good.
The reason I rated this only Average was that on top of the standard taxes and service charges added to my >200EUR bill, I found a very questionable 10EUR on my bill for cigarettes...which I did not buy. Noticed only after I left the restaurant. Honest mistake? or shady self-tipping?

Visited September 2012