“Feel almost odd reviewing a chinese restaurant in Frankfurt”
Review of Palms Garden

Palms Garden
Ranked #921 of 2,495 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Innenstadt
Atlanta Georgia
“Feel almost odd reviewing a chinese restaurant in Frankfurt”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

September 9, 2012, I was hit by a car while walking in Budapest Hungary. I spent four days in a Budapest Trauma Hospital. I never understood how badly I had been hurt. But I knew that I was tired and that it hurt to eat anything required hard chewing. After I was released from the hospital, I took a train to Frankfurt to fly home. I spent a couple of days in Frankfurt waiting for a flight. I ate at Palms Garden. The soups were very good. I ordered soft entries that were also very good. And I went back to hotel room and promptly fell asleep feeling satiated and well nourished with a variety of vegetables. Now, each time I return to Frankfurt, most recently in September 2013, I return to Palms Garden and I get a warm feeling from my memories.

Like I said, I had no idea how badly that I been hurt. In October of 2012 I underwent to craniotomies because blood vessels that had been injured in the pedestrian accident had begun leaking.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Kerwin G

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Shanghai, China
“Loved everything!”
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

The food, staff, location, or just everything was great! We live in china so the Palm Chinese restaurant was a great welcome. We loved the spice poached fish and the mapo tofu. The waitress was really sweet and helpful!!

• Visited August 2013
“real chinese food”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

this restaurant has a big buffet of Chinese food and sushi and also a hot pot on every table.
the prices are good and the food and the smell feels authentic.
comparing to other Chinese buffet restaurant I've tried in Frankfurt this one had the biggest variety and the best value for the money.

• Visited May 2013
Frankfurt, Germany
“Possibly the most authentic Chinese restaurant in Frankfurt...”
Reviewed 28 January 2013 via mobile

Don't really know what authentic Chinese food tastes like, but going by the number of Chinese/Asians I saw there, I'd like to think this is where they get together when they're yearning for some real Chinese food.

The food is really great, especially the hot pot. And its great value for money... Don't expect much of an ambience for a business lunch/dinner, but a good place to go with friends.

We went on a Saturday at 8pm and it was full...we had called in advance to reserve a table, but it wasn't of much help...:-) We still waited for 15 mins. before we were shown to our table. So, expect some waiting...

Still a clear recommendation... :-))

1 Thank WildVoyager
Frankfurt, Germany
“Exciting at first glance but soon becomes quite underwhelming”
Reviewed 1 October 2012 via mobile

First of all, this place is just so spacious it has an "american food court" feel to it, a cross between that and a mongolian grill because you can also cook the food yourself. There's a wide selection of food and you're given a portable cooker! Personally I was hungry so I chose the buffet. The first thing to note is that this place is quite authentic, which means you find a lot of chinese people; that's generally a good sign. Having said that, if you don't understand the name of the dish it's wise to ask first as you can also find the likes of pig's feet which rather shocked my swiss friend! :) A third option of course is to give the raw food to the chef. The place was friendly enough and reasonably priced. You definitely need some local knowledge to take full advantage of what this restaurant offers, i got through university on chinese food and didn't recognise half of it here.