“Well managed and convenient”

Bristol Hotel Frankfurt
Ranked #55 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 23 January 2009

We chose this hotel because it is within an easy walk of the exhibition centre and the City. It exceeded our expectations. From the warm welcome in reception to the clean, modern rooms through to the wonderful breakfast, the hotel was just what we wanted. Whilst not in the smartest of areas, there are lots of decent restaurants nearby to eat. I rate it as a find and I have travelled a great deal for the last 30 years.

Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank gilstead
There are newer reviews for Bristol Hotel Frankfurt

Reviewed 7 January 2009

We stayed at the Bristol for 3 nights over Christmas and New Year.
We arrived on an early flight and were delighted to arrive at the hotel around 11.00 am and find that our rooms were ready.
Both the single and double room were quite spacious. The double room in particular was large and even had a sofa in it. The bathrooms were fairly small but were clean with plenty of towels and complementary shower gel and shampoo.

There are only two English channels on the television, CNN news and BBC World News.

While we were there the hotel was undergoing annual maintenance for two of the days. As a result of this the hotel bar and breakfast room were closed. Instead we had to use the facilities in its sister hotel which is about a 1-2 minute walk up the street so I can’t comment on the hotel bar in The Bristol as I never got to see it.

The sister hotel was called The Pure. This hotel was decorated completely in white, from the walls to the chairs to the decorations on the wall. It was a bit strange in that there was no reception area you walked directly into the bar which also doubles as the breakfast room in the mornings.

We managed to have breakfast in The Bristol on our last morning. The breakfast in both hotels is good. There were a variety of juices, cheese, meats, salad, fruit, yoghurt, bread, rolls etc…
There are also hot dishes such as bacon, sausages, scrambled eggs, carrots & green beans (who wants this for breakfast I don’t know), buns, muffins and pastries.

The Bristol also had boiled eggs and chicken drumsticks (again who wants this for breakfast). Weirdly there were also bottles of Vodka and Champagne.

There are two free internet access points in the hotel reception.

The staff in both hotels were extremely polite and helpful. When we requested a street map from The Bristol reception, the receptionist marked the hotel on the map and the best route into the city centre for us.

Depending on how fast you walk it takes around 10-15 minutes to the Alter Oper and another 10 minutes or so to the Romer from the Hotel.

The back of main train station is around a 2 minute walk from the hotel.
The river can be reached in around 10-15 minutes from the hotel. From here you can stroll along the riverbank into the Romer.

There is a very nice Italian/Greek restaurant directly across from the hotel. Be warned the portions are large. This also serves breakfast and snacks and it is possible just to have a drink here. The staff are very friendly and the food is beautiful.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank Breezer25
Reviewed 6 January 2009

The Bristol suited my needs perfectly for a 4 day stay in the region that involved some day trips by rail, as it is a very short walk from the Hauptbahnhof. In winter, with the windows closed, even my room facing the street was very quiet.
The staff were friendly and efficient, and my room was spotless. To say that the budget singles are small is an understatement; "tiny" or "lilliputian" are more apt descriptors. But it had everything I needed, including a safe; even had a flat screen TV. I wouldn't choose that type of room, tho, if I planned to spend much time in it.
The breakfast buffet is, in a word, wunderbar. Plenty of options so one could have an entirely different breakfast each day if one chose.
From previous reviews I was a bit concerned about the so-called "dodgy" area it's in. I think that's been overstated. I found the area safe, even when I walked back late at night. I didn't notice any unsavory characters, red-light aspects, etc in the area around the hotel. This might be a seasonal thing--very few people at all out in the cold night air. There is a fairly raucous adult-entertainment district about 6 blocks away which I accidentally found on my last night by taking a different route to downtown. Easily avoidable.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled solo
2  Thank AlFresco10
Reviewed 2 January 2009

Hotel Bristol’s interior was contemporary and stylish and thought had obviously been put into the communal areas resulting in good use of outdoor space and a stylish bar /restaurant area. However, my room was tiny with only just enough room to walk down the side of the bed. Additionally my room didn’t have any air conditioning so I had the choice of using a small portable fan which just circulated hot air or opening the window onto a noisy street below. As a single female I didn’t particularly enjoy the walk to and from the hotel as it’s on the edge of a dodgy area and the street outside was often full of people milling around which I found quite intimidating.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank RichmondGal
Reviewed 27 December 2008

Excellant hotel good location despite being near the railway staion and not a very nice area never felt unsafe at anytime. Breakfast was ok cold buffet excellant hot buffet left a little to be desired dont realy want dim sims or battered prawns for breakfast.
Room was excellant apart from very poor pillows that seriously needs to be looked at.
We asked reception for an early morning call which never happened so if you have an early flight have an alternative alarm call
However on the whole we had a very nice couple of days in Frankfurt and the Hotel had everything we needed

Stayed: December 2008
1  Thank cria
Reviewed 4 November 2008

I stayed at this hotel for one night whilst attending a conference in Frankfurt.I have to say that it was booked for me by the organizers and on the basis of the reviews would not have chosen it.It is located close to the railway station, which is very convenient, but usually means a somewhat sketchy neighborhood in most large cities..This proved to be the case here and I would certainly not have felt comfortable walking around the area particularly at night.My room was very clean and a reasonable size for one person.The bathroom also spotless with a good shower.The bed was extremely uncomfortable with inadequate pillows and a really unsupportive mattress.The staff were friendly and helpful and moved me from a room with a door that could not be locked to another with speed and efficiency.Breakfast was varied and fresh.As an overnight stay and if your priority is to be close to the central train station I would say that the Bristol is just about O.K. but no more than that.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank Maxb
Reviewed 15 October 2008

Hotel is exactly what you need for an overnight stay in Frankfurt. About 5 mins walk from the station in a "safe feeling" area. Everything you need and nothing you don't. Free WiFi was a real boon.

Breakfast was excellent, great choice and quality. Even a bottle of iced Russian vodka for the brave!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family