“Avoid in summer - too hot and too bright in the AM” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bristol Hotel Frankfurt

Bristol Hotel Frankfurt
Ranked #43 of 267 Hotels in Frankfurt
Dublin
“Avoid in summer - too hot and too bright in the AM”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2009

I stayed in a single room in this hotel for one night.

The room was well appointed but as previous posters have mentioned, the single rooms are tiny.

However, the real issue wih the room became clear only at about 5 AM when the lack of black-out curtains meant that the room filled with sunlight, followed shortly by blistering heat that the fan could not dissipate. In short, I had a lousy sleep and was exhausted the next day.

The hotel itself is quite nice inside, and the outside bar area looks great - though I did not spend any time there.

The breakfast was fine, nothing remarkable.

The lift is extremely slow.

The location is great for the main train station, ok for the city centre, with the surrounding streets being what you might expect for a main station area e.g. a bit shabby.

When asked on checkout if all had been well I told the man that the room had been too bright and too hot and as a result I'd been up since 5 am. He confirmed with a smile that they don't have air-con. As I was only staying the night and won't be back I decided not to care that he didn't care.

I won't have cause to go back to Frankfurt, but if I did I wouldn't be staying in The Bristol.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank coalshed

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2009

Room: 615
Duration: 20-23 May 2009
Hotel: Bristol Hotel Frankfurt

Pros:
1) Comfort bed
2) Buffet breakfast and full of variety
3) Have refigratator
4) Next to Hauptbahnhof HBF main station
5) Nice restaurant staff
6) One of the receptionist is very nice and upgrade our room to higher floor
7) Free internet

Cons:
1) no water boiling machine
2) the shower area is small as plane toilet
3) One of the lift is out of order 2 days during my stay.
4) One of the receptionist is annoying to tell the customer the lift is out of order.

Overall:
Good, value for money

Remarks:
Few blocks away is red light district, but the area is still safe.

London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2009

We stayed for three days in May.
- FYI, one weekend each month is a disco weekend in this hotel. first floor rooms are not in use that weekend and there might be a lot of party people in the hotel then (have not seen this but just fyi)
- about the area: stay on the main streets and you'll be fine. we tried to take the shortest way to city but after 3 or so blocks saw too much of illegal substance use and decided from then on to stay on the main streets
- no airconditioning makes it tough - too hot- in the summer time.
- both 2 elevators not working on 1 day, one elevator not working during our entire stay (stairs were commonly used by guests)
- one day maid forgot to clean our room (no, we didn't have any tags on the door)
- only 1 chair in a doubleroom
- not one ID of mine was check during my stay. i never had to give any reference/booking numbers, nor my name.... they just assumed i was who i am (and i am not a celebrity)
- did not hear anything from the neighbouring rooms
- shower only had a narrow side glasspanel to protect water from wetting the entire bathroom. bathroom floor got quite wet whichever way you showered
- tiny room, tiny bathroom (all white tiles, some dark wood surfaces)
- very clean bathroom and the room itself but of course the carpet can never be clean. lovely not to have a bedspread.
-free wi-fi nice. free to use internet computers in the lounge with free printing option
- nice lounge for about 8 people to sit
- very nice darkish modern bar
- nice, clean and simple breakfast area, buffet is nice with all sorts of bread, fruit, yoghurt, pastries, egg, bacon, fish ... tables a bit too close to each other
- lovely green (at least in the summer time) backyard with lounge seating in dark wicker and off white cushions for just sitting or proper eating

SUMMARY:
CLEAN and REALLY GOOD LOOKING but not many good features...surely a 4 star (how did this hotel make it to the Wallpaper guide?)

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank scandiexploring
athens
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2009

We stayed in Bristol Hotel for two nights from 8 to 10 of may. Having read most of the reviews on trip advisor i expected to find a quite trendy and tastefull hotel. The first impression at the reception fulfilled my expectations, very relaxed atmosphere, candles, nice furnitures and modern style.
The room was the big dissapointment! It was a really big room looking at the back of the hotel, with two tiny beds and a carpet that had not been cleaned for quite a long time with big stains eveywhere. The toilet was so small that you could heart your head on the sink as you were rising from the toilet, as everybady can understand the bathtub had the same size...small. I could never understand why the room was so big and empty as they could fit a bigger wardrobe and at the same time extend the toilet a little more.
The positives: the two large windows of the room and the flat screen tv.
The breakfast was really good and rich served till 1pm.
The staff very friendly, smily, helpfull and kind.
Location very convenient two minutes walking from the cental station and very easy to find.
Conclusion, i don't know if i would recommend this hotel to my friends maybe if the price of the room was lower.

3 Thank thanospireus
Athens, Greece
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2009

Went to this hotel early May, and after having a great room in Heidelberg I was expecting something similar. It has been almost a year that I wanted to try this hotel out and I truly thought it would have been the gift for finalizing my trip. When I walked in the hotel, I was amazed. Everything seemed so nice, and the receptionist was so helpful in giving us all the assistance we needed. English was not a problem, the staff were great with positive attitude. Anyhow, when we went to drop off our suitcases and saw the rooms we were so disappointed! We had booked 2 twin/double rooms and the rooms we had barely had space for 1 person. We were tired though so we made no fuzz about it since it was only for 1 night anyway... So, besides feeling like a mouse trapped I decided to jump in the shower so I could quickly go and discover Frankfurt. The shower is such a bad desine! Nice to the eye, but not practical at all!! No matter how careful you may be, the place just turns in to a swimming pool. Also, if you are just a little over weight there is no shower for you there!
All this to say...their idea as cool modern was nice but...how can one enjoy if they are not comfi?
As for the breakfast, the only minus there is their plate size. Too small which results into you looking like a piglet if you go twice... Nice selection, deli...but still trying to figure out why there was spicy red peppers filled with cheers there for breakfast, as well as the chicken sticks..or..the alchohol.
As for the bar, because I did have a drink there after coming back from the city center, at first I thought...wow..nice atmosphere, nice music...what more can one ask for? Well! After being there with my friends for about an hour, I realized that the same CD was playing over...and over...and over...

Surely, I was expecting more. I m in the field of tourism so I have seen lots and i have read lots. Perhaps, sometimes too much advertizing influence us.
I usually inform the manager before I arrive to the hotel about my reservation thus..I always have a good room. In this case, I was so sure I didnt have to, plus I wanted to see what "regular" people get. Not fair though..

Hopefully you will be luckier!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank patella
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2009

I stayed here in mid April 2009 on a Saturday and Sunday night. A number of reviews have mentioned the location. My own view is that it is a typical station type hotel in that every station I have ever stayed near seems to attract a degree of low life. The red light area is a good 10 minutes away and my wife and I wandered around the area without any real hassle.

As for the hotel itself it is quite good. The room we had on 4th floor was perfectly adequate and the general feel of the place is laid back. The old part of Frankfurt is about a 15 minute walk away but the Opera House area is only about 10 minutes off. So all in all not a bad spot.

Some people rave about the breakfast - a self service buffet. I thought it was OK but nothing special. If anything the inattentive service let it down. This having been said it was all fairly nice and there was a lovely garden off the breakfast room which, in the right weather, would have been a delight.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank LondonDavidS
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2009

The Bristol Hotel was a perfect place to stay in Frankfurt, especially if you want to take a morning flight. We stayed her for our first two nights in Germany and on our last night. The Bristol Hotel is sleek and NYish and had a wonderful buffet breakfast. They let us go in to breakfast early because of our flight. It was so close to the train station - 3 minute walk, yet was on a quiet residential street. The train takes 12 minutes to get to the airport. Leave the trian station through the North door and then turn left. They have a map on their website. It was very clean. The two free internet terminals in the lobby were a big help. We found an authentic Italian restaurant on our first night and were so reminded of real Roman pizza that we went there all three nights. It is run by 4 Italian guys. The name is Pizzeria Bello and is half a block away from the Bristol Holtel on Niddastrasse. Everything is in walking distance in Frankfurt, so we did not need public transportation to see the sights.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple