“World-class Service”

GreenLeadersBronze level
San Antonio TX
“World-class Service”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We stayed here in August and September. We had two stays booked but had to extend the first stay as I was pick pocketed in the Frankfurt train station and had to replace my passport. I'll get back to that.

First, let me talk about the location, rooms and such. The hotel is located next to the vast Messe convention complex. We took the Messe bus from the airport which is a mistake as it ends at the other side of the vast complex. On the way back, we took a taxi and it only cost about 15 Euros.

It is an ideal location with a street car stop in front of the hotel and a subway station only a few minutes walk away. The main train station is only a few minutes away by public transportation.

There is a fantastic dry cleaner just up the street (called Dirk Von Hagen, go up Hamburger Allee, veer to the right onto Schloss Strasse and it is at the corner with Robert-Mayer Strasse). There are lots of restaurants in the area. Recommended are Da Camino which has the most fantastic pizzas anywhere (about a 15 minute stroll up Hamburger Allee, veer right onto Schloss Starsse and then turn right onto Adalbertstrasse). The other is a nice Italian just a couple of minutes from the hotel called Elba (on Schloss Strasse).

The rooms we had were very nice, well sized and modern (recently refurbished). The lounge was being refurbished when we stayed the first time, so we had to us a temporary lounge. The lounge was done by the second visit and it is outstanding. Good food and drink and nice views of the city. Lorissa who works in the lounge is so very nice and helpful!!! She really made visits to the lounge special.

After the first of the two scheduled stays, we had to return to the hotel and recheck in so that I could make passport replacement arrangements. Maximillian at the concierge desk took charge to get us checked back in, and gave much assistance in finding a photo shop for passport pictures, downloading the necessary forms, and getting to the consulate. He was a great help and we very much appreciated it!

Room Tip: Get a high floor if you can for great city views.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tim S
tdtil, Director of Rooms Operations at Frankfurt Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear tsaltmarsh,

I would like to thank you for your very detailed and kind review since I am sure it will very much help others when coming to Frankfurt.

It is wonderful to learn that you enjoyed your time in Frankfurt despite the unpleasant circumstances.

Our hotel is in-deed very well located for any kind of traveler coming to Frankfurt and also offers a large variety of food and beverage offerings. However, I have to admit that Da Cimino’s pizza is delicious and just a short stroll away.

I am glad to learn that you not only liked our new rooms but also the newly designed Executive Lounge on our 43rd floor which offers breathtaking views of Frankfurt.

It will be my pleasure to share your kind words regarding Lorissa and Maximilian and I very much hope to personally meet you upon your next visit to Frankfurt.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Yours sincerely,
Director of Rooms Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Newly renovated suites / rooms. Rooms are a bit small. Great View from the top floors. Our TV stopped working so we had relocate to another room. There was NO pay per view. I just could not believe that there was NO PAY PER VIEW available. Staff was nice and helpful. Restaurants were nice. Breakfast was great! There is construction going on as we speak so expect some noise. Overall it was ok but I was expecting more.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Rjimenezlmft,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing the Marriott Hotel for your recent visit to Frankfurt.

While we very much appreciate your kind and commending word regarding our staff, restaurant and breakfast, I was very sorry to learn that our TV offerings did not meet your expectations. We are currently revising our TV offerings and we may change some of our 70 channels. However, we will not offer any pay per movies.

I would be delighted to personally assist you with your reservations should leisure or business bring you back to Frankfurt in the future since we would love to be your host again at the “new” Frankfurt Marriott Hotel.

With best regards,
PacNW
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Second time I've stayed here during super busy convention time across the street at the Frankfurt Messe, and no disappointments to report.

Staff is courteous and helpful, and also quick to act, which saves time, which is nice.

The rooms are a bit small, but seem recently renovated because they're nice and clean with good bathrooms. I definitely plan to stay here again the next time I'm in FRA for a Messe event.

Room Tip: Ask for a city view, nice view of the Frankfurt CBD
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear mfrk,

I am delighted to learn that you will be staying with us again upon your next visit to Frankfurt. Your feedback and loyalty is very much appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. Your review will certainly be of great assistance to fellow travelers.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

With kind regards,
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Newly renovated rooms and a well appointed executive lounge. The staff was universally friendly and looking for ways to make things better for its guests.

Lounge is very crowded during extended peak times. Plan ahead.

Restaurants -
Champions - not good.
CROSS - Staff was willing to work to make the experience perfect. Food was acceptable but expensive
(french place whose name I cant remember) - weird hours, deny service if you arrive within 20 minutes of them closing.

Location - For some this will be perfect - but its not in the center of town. It is however, very close (5 minute) to TWO underground locations and literally on one of the tram lines. You can get anywhere in the city in about 30 minutes and its very inexpensive. Traffic is enough that taking a taxi (at least in my experience) was slower than the subway. It took me a few extra minutes to find the subway ticket machines that were computerized and handled english and US credit cards better.

Internet - The wireless has some issues with multiple devices. Dont be afraid to ask the desk for codes if it does annoying things to you. They also have a router box that can be hard wired into rooms (bring your own AP).

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
tdtil, Director of Rooms Operations at Frankfurt Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Dear mtanen,

It was a pleasure to welcome you to the “new” Frankfurt Marriott Hotel and I am delighted to learn that you tried all of our services.

I would like to thank you for providing a great deal of feedback about the hotel and local transportation.

While I am very happy about your comments regarding our staff, rooms and executive lounge, we will certainly take a closer look at your remarks about our two other restaurants as well as the internet. During the renovation we tripled our access points throughout the hotel and upgraded the bandwidth.

We would love to be your host again for your next visit to Frankfurt. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

With kind regards,
Guatemala
Reviewed 15 November 2013

My experience with the Marriott in Frankfurt is nothing to write home about, concierge and front desk staff very helpful. The lounge on the executive floor was dirty and gave me the worst experience I have had at an lounge on the executive floor, staff is not friendly and the lounge was dirty!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
tdtil, Director of Rooms Operations at Frankfurt Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Mark R,

It is needless to say that we are striving to be everything but just an “OK” hotel. Therefore, I would like to express my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced in our Executive Lounge. Your comments will certainly be addressed with the team and you can rest assured, that we will do our very best to avoid any recurrence of the same problem in the future.

Should you and your family plan on visiting Frankfurt again, I would be delighted to personally assist you. We would love to be your host again to convince you of the high standard of service and cleanliness we are usually providing throughout the entire hotel.

With best regards,
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We stayed in a renovated room on the 34th floor. The décor is lovely and the rooms are quite spacious. The staff is amazing. From the doorman to the bell hops to the front desk and the concierge lounge, the people were friendly and engaging. Full of knowledge and willing to help. This was a huge turn from just one year prior when morale seemed a bit lower. What an improvement.

I did not give this a 5 for 2 main reasons.

1. The gym is very tired with machines that do not work (2 treadmills) and a bike that has the pedal taped together. There is no space to stretch or do abdominal work. You have to stuff yourself between tons of machines that no one is using. Would expect much, much more from such an otherwise fine hotel.

2. The renovations seem to have many glitches. Our door lock broke and had to be replaced, the sink faucet ran and the toilets barely flushed. While we waited for our door lock to be fixed, as we could not get in, we were not offered any amenity, points, anything. The repair team was polite and efficient but for this kind of disruption, I expect more.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear blondechickma,

Thank you for staying at the Frankfurt Marriott Hotel and for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. We as well as other travelers certainly appreciate the time you invested in writing this review and providing us with very valuable feedback.

While it is wonderful to learn that you enjoyed the service provided and the décor of our new rooms, I wish we had managed to achieve 5 points instead of 4.

I would love to personally assist you should your travels bring you back to Frankfurt anytime soon – hoping that we will get a perfect rating next time.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Yours sincerely,
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This hotel is good only if you have to visit the Exhibition Centre-- the Messe, which is across the road and hence convenient!! Too many rooms,but recently refurbished with all the amenities-- The spa and gym are very ordinary,and not attended well. The breakfast choices are good but there is normally a waiting since everyone seems to be staying there for the exhibition. The rates are very expensive!!

Room Tip: All rooms are good .but take a room away from the elevator!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank surensomani
tdtil, Director of Rooms Operations at Frankfurt Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear surensomani,

Thank you for choosing the Marriott Hotel for your recent visit to Frankfurt.

It is obvious that you were in town for an exhibition or convention and I am sorry to learn that you perceived the hotel as crowded and expensive. During fair times the room rates in Frankfurt usually are much higher than during the rest of the year.

The Frankfurt Marriott Hotel is located across the street from the fairgrounds and exhibition center which many of our customers appreciate. However, we are also situated close to downtown Frankfurt and only a short walk away from Frankfurt’s biggest shopping mall, the Skyline Plaza, which just opened a few weeks ago.

We would love to be your host again for your next trip to Frankfurt. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

With warm regards,