“Good business hotel”

Frankfurt Marriott Hotel
Ranked #16 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 18 January 2014

First time at the Marriott Frankfurt (but a regular Marriott guest) and this hotel is up to the usual Marriott standards. Good service and facilities - well equipped large gym. Breakfast was very good . The exec lounge was popular but served good food and good place to get a drink and admire the view from the 43rd floor! The Champions bar was a good place to unwind in the evening - a lively atmosphere with pool tables and several screens with sport on.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
tdtil, Director of Rooms Operations at Frankfurt Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Chris A,

We are delighted to read that your stay with us lived up to your expectations and that you had the opportunity to enjoy all aspects and service offerings of the “new” Frankfurt Marriott Hotel.

Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your experience!

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Yours sincerely,

Not Good
1. Breakfast will cost you extra
2. Internet is not free either
3. Parking is very expensive
3. Expensive stay. Over 260 euros for one night (New Year's Eve)
4. No swimming pool
5. Location is so-so

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear FrequentFlyer 19,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing the Marriott Hotel for this very special occasion. Also, we very much appreciate the time you invested in sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our “new” hotel as well as the service provided by our staff. However, we certainly would have loved to get a better overall rating.

Should your travels bring you back to Frankfurt in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I would love to personally assist you with your bookings.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Spent four nights here on a business trip. New furniture, carpets and the change to a walk-in shower in the business suites are all great. I have been staying here for several years and have always enjoyed my stays but never really cared for the dated decor - now that box is checked.

The exec lounge is superb - mostly because of the staff. So nice to see the same folks year after year. Lorissa in the exec lounge is wonderful.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Justin S

Dear Justin S,

Thank you for staying at the “new” Frankfurt Marriott Hotel and for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

It is wonderful to learn that you liked our upgraded product and enjoyed the excellent service provided by our Executive Lounge team. I will make sure to pass on your kind words to Lorissa.

We would love to be your host again and I would be delighted to personally meet you upon your next visit to Frankfurt.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Amazes and comforts me when hotel staff seems to never change. This is the feeling at the Marriott Frankfurt. Being staying at this hotel for the past 20 years and most of the staff is the same. This year they have made some nice upgrades. New furniture and carpet in the guest rooms, which was most needed (at least on the 38th floor). Cleaned up bathrooms, but still the European style half glass showers in a rather tall tub, which i find very annoying.

Jose Luis and Ben at the concierge desk continue to do a fabulous job and all of their recommendations were superb. If you are using a meeting room, ask for Larjos to service. He was spectacular and always available.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the Messe are quieter
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
tdtil, Director of Rooms Operations at Frankfurt Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear Stewart J,

Thank you for being a very loyal customer and for taking the time to share your impressions on Tripadvisor!

I am glad to learn that you like the design of the “new” Frankfurt Marriott Hotel - with the exception of the glass dividers in the tub. In fact, our Executive Rooms and Suites feature a full shower instead of a bath tub. So you may want to consider another room type for your next visit. It would be my pleasure to personally assist you in this matter.

Your kind words regarding Benni, Jose & Lajos will certainly be shared with the team and we are proud and blessed we can count on such wonderful colleagues and associates.

I would love to personally meet you upon your next visit to Frankfurt and I will be at your disposal should you need any assistance.

With best regards,

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I was staying at Marriott during the Bookfair last October. The price per night was about Euro500, which is way too expensive. Although I booked a room in advance, it took me three times (!) to check in. Receptionists, though nice, were clueless. For example, the room I was given the 1st time was occupied by someone :-). Marriott charges for wifi, which is more than strange, especially given the room price. Breakfast is marginal and service is slow - takes a while to get the omelet prepared. The property was not fully reconstructed and some rooms were smoked very badly.

Room Tip: Ask for newly renovated rooms
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear niksk001,

Your experience certainly does not reflect the high standard of service that we are striving to provide and I would like to express my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences experienced.

At the same time I would like to thank you for providing us with very valuable feedback which will assist us in improving our product and services.

Room rate are generally very high in the area during the Bookfair and I can perfectly understand that you expect an immaculate service for the price paid.

Your comments regarding the check in experience and breakfast will be addressed with our team and according trainings will be conducted.

While there is a charge for high speed internet in the room, we do offer complimentary wireless internet in the hotel lobby.

All of our rooms as well as the hotel lobby have now been renovated and we have received nothing but great feedback about the new product so far.

I very much hope that you will give us another opportunity to give you a much better impression of the Frankfurt Marriott Hotel.

I would love to personally assist you should travels bring you back to Frankfurt. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

With warm regards,

Reviewed 10 January 2014

As expected, a typical Marriott stay. Friendly staff, always willing to help, with a spacious room with great views over Frankfurt city.

We stayed two nights, and everything the room prepared with a baby cot already setup. The bar (Champions) in the hotel served food, had friendly staff, and was typically American, and whether that be that good or bad depends more on the customer!

Breakfast was extremely well done, and of note.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear JV,

It is wonderful to learn that your stay with us lived up to your expectations and that you enjoyed your two nights in Frankfurt.

Your kind words will certainly be shared with our team and we would love to welcome you back to the “new” Frankfurt Marriott Hotel soon.

Should you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I only stayed one night, but it was pretty good! It is 15 minutes from the airport and you pay 30 euros. There is a big mall very close and Natural History Museum if you are interested.
The check-in is extremely fast and the receptionists are very good. Rooms are fairly large and equipped with good furniture. I used my Marriot points, that's why I can't comment on the price. The room service was quite OK too. Ideal for business travels.

Dear Mustafa,

Thank you so much for staying at the Frankfurt Marriott Hotel and for telling others about your experience!

Besides the Senckenberg museum and Frankfurt’s biggest mall, the Skyline Plaza, the vicinity of the hotel has a lot to offer. Still it is centrally located and downtown Frankfurt is only a few minutes away.

Our Marriott Rewards loyalty program is free of charge and highly recommendable. Points add up quickly. These can be used for complimentary hotel stays, airline miles, travel packages or in our virtual Rewards Shop.

We would love to be your host again for your next visit to Frankfurt.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Yours sincerely,