“Back again , little bit improved”

Frankfurt Marriott Hotel
Ranked #19 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I happen to come to this hotel again , since the company is using the Marriott chain.
We had no reservation and despite that , theymanaged to give us a room , although the messe time was in full swing.
The rate of the room changed form 145 for one day to 290 on the second day arriving at the impossible 490 e on the third day.Messe or not messe , this is outrageous.!
So we moved to a 5 star hotel on the third day for a modest 300 e a night.
We appreciate they gave us a room despite not having a reservation , but other than that an average Marriott , close to Messe.

Room Tip: Try to chose the rooms on the 44 floor with a nice view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
tdtil, Director of Rooms Operations at Frankfurt Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear jasmia t,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing the Marriott Hotel for your recent visit to Frankfurt.

I was sorry to learn that you decided to stay at another hotel for the last night due to the rate but I very much hope to welcme you back upon your next visit to Frankfurt.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if there is anything I can assist you with.

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

As a gold member. We always stay in Marriot Frankfurt every year for the last 6 year for the fair in Messe. Located just right infront of the fair. The tram stop by just right infront of the hotel. Very convinience to go.
The room is just renovated. We are thank you for good services. From the staff in the ground floor , bell boy, until up the lounge staff all are very friendly, humble and sincere to help anytime we need a help. Really recomended .

1  Thank Yenny K

Dear Yenny K,

Thank you for reviewing and recommending the Frankfurt Marriott Hotel on Tripadvisor!

Your kind words are very much appreciated and we would love to be your host again upon your next visit to Frankfurt.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

I stayed for three nights in December while on business. The room was nice, and the bed was comfortable. I had everything that needed to complete my business and relax at the same time. The executive lounge was excellent, service was good, and the staff very friendly. The location of the hotel was god for me, and the transit options made movement around the city a breeze.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Donald G
tdtil, Director of Rooms Operations at Frankfurt Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Donald G,

Reading your review makes us proud of our new product and the service our team is providing. We very much appreciate the time you invested in reviewing us on this internet platform.

Should your travels bring you back to Frankfurt, I would be delighted to personally assist you if there is anything I can do for you.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Modern hotel with nice rooms and a modern feel about the place. It has 44 floors so if you don't have ahead for heights go low! The room I had was a twin (oddly not what was in my Marriott profile) but it was ok, bathroom only had a shower but again that suited me for one night.
Room service breakfast was good albeit rather expensive initially but I found it was then included in the rate without surcharge which was very good.

1  Thank Neil C
tdtil, Director of Rooms Operations at Frankfurt Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Neil C,

Thank you for choosing the „new“ Frankfurt Marriott Hotel for your recent visit to Frankfurt.

All of our rooms including the hotel lobby have been renovated. While our Executive Rooms and Suites are now equipped with showers, most of our rooms still feature bathtubs. Usually we are able to accommodate most of our guests’ preferences in regards to the bathroom and bed type and I am sorry to learn that you would have preferred to have a king size bedded room instead.

We are offering different packages which in most cases include our extensive and tempting breakfast buffet. It is highly recommended to ask for the Executive or Business Package when making the booking or upon check in.

Thank you again for the time invested in writing this review! We would love to be your host again in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if there is anything I can do for you.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Hotel is high (I stay on 30.floor), I have fantastic panorama view, comfortable bad and tasty tees selection to choose. The staff is fully professional, smiling all the time and pronouncing my surname properly (!). All is good but the best aspect of the hotel is located on 43.floor. If you are lucky to be golden client of Marriott - you are also lucky to have the key opening this fantastic place! You can eat breakfast there, enjoy fantastic dinner with wide variety of food, drinks, desserts, fruits etc etc....You can really rest there having some wine or other drink. For golden clients - all inclusive, all for free! Enjoy!

1  Thank Mr_Joanna

Dear Mr_Joanna,

Thank you so very much for your very kind review and warm words towards our staff which I will proudly share with the entire team.

Our Marriott Rewards Gold & Platinum Elite guests enjoy the benefit of complimentary access to our Executive Lounge which is in deed highly recommendable. For those who have not achieved this status yet, I would suggest to consider paying the surcharge for the Executive Package. You can rest assured that you will not regret this decision.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if there is anything I can do for you.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I have been wanting to stay at the Marriott in Frankfurt ever since I saw this impressive building first in 1993 when visiting a concert at the Festhalle, which is directly opposite the hotel. Now my partner and I finally were able to spend a weekend there, and I can say that it was a fantastic stay overall with the very small exception of my visit to the fitness area, which I will describe later on.
When I arrived in the afternoon on a Friday (March 7), I was welcomed by an extremely lovely lady at the reception desk (I think her name is Katharina). She, as well as the other receptionists smiled as soon as I entered the hotel. Everything that you would except in a hotel of this class was taken care of during check-in...I was asked how my journey was, she made sure that the requests I had noted when booking (a quiet room on a high floor) were met, explained the facilities to me and so on. And all this with a friendly smile and a nice and humorous way of talking. I should add that we had made the booking online at the Marriott website just a few hours before, and I was really impressed that they took care of everything so quickly and perfectly anyway. I have noted that a review before states that the staff at the hotel are arrogant - I absolutely disagree, we only encountered lovely people.
The room itself was on the 39th floor and overlooked the Festhalle, the stadium of Eintracht Frankfurt and further away the airport. These are the rooms that face the south-west, which means you do not have much of a skyline view (I should add that at check-in, I was asked whether I wanted a room with skyline view, so this would have been possible too). But oh boy, what a sunset! :-) The room was large and newly renovated with a huge and comfortable king-size bed and an amazing choice of pillows. Besides, there was a very comfortable armchair (see the photo), a large desk to work on and a huge flatscreen tv with an incredible choice of tv and radio channels. I personally also loved the bathroom which had large mirrors on two sides and thus looked very roomy. The shower (included in the bathtub) had good water pressure, and there were the usual amenities provided. The only criticisms I would give here are that there were no cotton pads or tips, and that the small towels are a bit too small...after washing my hair, it was impossible, to wrap one of the small towels around my head, and the large ones, on the other hand, were too large again.... ;-)
Next morning, we went down for breakfast, and as we were very early (at 7 a:m on a Saturday), there were not many people, so eating was very comfortable. At the entrance of the breakfast room, we were welcomed by a very friendly young man (he was there the second day too), who gave us a paper to sign (our rate included breakfast, but of course they have to control that anyway) and wished us a nice time when we entered as well as when we left. We had the luck to sit in one of the comfortable sofa corners both days and as soon as we sat down there, a lovely lady came and asked if we wanted coffee and fresh orange juice. On both days, this lovely lady took care of us and also asked if she could do anything more for us several times during breakfast. The breakfast itself was great with a nice spread of many different choices. Again, just two little criticisms here. The first is that when your plate is taken away by the waiter, you will find lots of new plates, but absolutely NO cutlery anywhere on the buffet. This was pretty strange. Secondly, although the variety was great, the choice for vegetarians was pretty limited. My partner is not a vegetarian, I am - so he had a lot more to choose from. It might be worth for the hotel management to think about offering a few more veggie options (maybe a veggie or vegan spread). But to be fair, everything I ate was delicious (try the Bircher musli which comes in nice little glasses!) and very fresh. The kinds of jam even varied from Saturday to Sunday morning, so there was some nice variety here. And to emphasize it again, all the people working in the breakfast area on both mornings could not have been more friendly and welcoming.
Now let me write about the only experience that I would really call negative. On Saturday afternoon, while my partner had a meeting, I decided to use the gym and try the sauna. I went down at about 12 and met a lady at the desk of the fitness room who was talking privately on her mobile and did not take much notice of me. This would have been no problem, but after getting dressed and coming back to the fitness room, I tried to get one of the crosstrainers working. This was a bit tricky, as the electronic display did not seem to work, and she clearly saw me trying to turn on one crosstrainer for minutes (they are just opposite the desk area), but she still preferred talking on the phone! She did not care either, when I gave up with one crosstrainer and tried the next one (which was then working after a few attempts). This already made me feel a bit uncomfortable, but I thought "ok, I am just doing my training now, so who cares". But the negative experience only started then...shortly afterwards (meanwhile, a second guest had come down for training on the treadmill), a young man in rather dodgy street clothes came to the desk, was greeted by the lady, and they disappeared somewhere in the back (where the male and female toilets and the female sauna area are). Imagine my surprise when later on, they suddenly came back to the desk and both only were wearing towels...! The man was then doing something behind the desk (I have no idea whether he was searching for something) and again went through the fitness area with only the towel around his hips. If the second guest had not been there at that time, I would have felt extremely uncomfortable, as this guy was clearly no hotel guest. And I am still more than irritated that the fitness area receptionist lady, who should be there to take care of guests who use the machines, left the room and went for sauna with an obviously private companion...to make things even worse, when she was not on the desk, another strange guy wearing street clothes came in, went behind the desk, looked for something and disappeared after some time. This guy was obviously none of the hotel staff either. All this happened within the 1 1/2 hours that I was using the machines and crosstrainer. After I had finished my training, I had initially planned to use the sauna as well, as there is a sauna in the female dressing and shower area. But since the receptionist lady and the other guy had still not come back from there at that point of time, I decided to just leave the fitness area and take a shower in our room. Overall, a very, very strange and also a little scary experience (and the reason why I can give the service only 4 stars - the one star that I took off is just for this lady). :-(
But to be fair again, the machines in the fitness room were all of high quality and (the ones I did my training on) were in excellent condition. And to finish this review with a positive note, the check-out on Sunday was quick and smooth, and again, a very lovely lady was there who made sure that we had enjoyed our stay. So overall, we can absolutely recommend the Marriott in Frankfurt - the rooms are wonderful, the view is spectacular, and with this one exception, all people we met were extremely friendly and welcoming. We will sure stay there again next time we are in Frankfurt.

Room Tip: All rooms are on high floors (they start on the 26th). ;-)
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank business_trav77

Dear business_trav77,

It is an honor to learn that you have been wanting to stay with us for a long time I am happy to read about the wonderful experience you had.

I will gladly share your kind words with our team and Katharina in particular.

Your very detailed review will certainly be of great assistance for fellow travelers and is very much appreciated.

Your observations in the fitness center have been addressed with the according staff member. It is needless to say that this experience does not reflect the high standard of service and professionalism we are usually providing. The situation certainly could have been perceived as awkward and misleading. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience experienced.

Should your travels bring you back to Frankfurt, I would be delighted to personally assist you.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Good location but it's clear that the staff is not really listening and have no real interest for the guests. When something happens or needs to be organized it's a problem as people operate like machines. My safe was not working properly and it took several times to solve it and even then not working....
Breakfast and the Sports Bar are very nice.

Room Tip: Take a room at the back. Despite the height it's still noisy at the front and it's very warm...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Derk B
tdtil, Director of Rooms Operations at Frankfurt Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Derk B,

I was distressed to read about your experience and you can rest assured that your comments will be addressed with our team to ensure that there will be no recurrence of the same problem.

Should your travels bring you back to Frankfurt, I would be delighted to personally assist you with your booking and I am very much hoping that you will give us another opportunity to convince you of the high standard of service we are usually providing.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.