“To be considered...”

Frankfurt Marriott Hotel
Ranked #17 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

This is a grest hotel, Marriott standard with great rooms and service. However it has few bad sides. First of all it's perfectly located if you want to go to the fair, but far from all shopping, old city and touristic attraction. Secondly the price is crazy... I guess the hotel rate are based on the standard of Frankfurt however i can not really explain why they charge you 27?/night for the parking without any discount....and 20? gor internet ?!?! Are they still in the 80's ?? They do provide a free internet at the lobby with 0.2 Mb rate, that's petty.....

1  Thank Bambooly
tdtil, Director of Rooms Operations at Frankfurt Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Bambooly,

First of all I would like to thank you for staying at the "new" Frankfurt Marriott Hotel and for sharing your thoughts on Tripadvisor.

Your kind words regarding the hotel and service are very much appreciated.

The public garage is not operated by the hotel but by a privately held company which operates most of Frankfurt's and many other cities' downtown garages. Unfortunately, they do not offer any kind of discount for our hotel guests.

Did you try the "Skyline Plaza" during your stay with us? It is Frankfurt's largest shopping mall and it just opened around the corner from the hotel. It certainly adds to our location while downtown Frankfurt is only a few minutes away.

We would love to be your host again upon your next visit to Frankfurt. Please let me know if there is anything I can assist you with.

There are newer reviews for Frankfurt Marriott Hotel

Reviewed 15 May 2014

This is a big hotel, just 10-15 minutes from the center of Frankfurt and right next to the "messe". There is good public transportation just outside the hotel.
The staff is friendly.
My room was in a high floor with a great view of the city. It was clean and spacious.

The breakfast was not as good as i had in other hotels, but was enough.
The lifts work very badly and are not enough for this hotel size

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nuno P
tdtil, Director of Rooms Operations at Frankfurt Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear pelicanoPortugal,

Thank you for staying at the Frankfurt Marriott Hotel and for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor!

We would be delighted to be your host again upon your next visit to Frankfurt. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, if there is anything I can assist you with.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed at the Marriott many years ago and said to myself that was the last time due to the old rooms.
We decided to give it another try. We used to live in Frankfurt and hence regularly come back for a weekend or so to visit friends. Our friends are scattered around the town. We also know Frankfurt pretty well. Hence, we have stayed at many places, "Hessischer Hof", "NH Hotels", "Novotels", "Palmenhof", "Sofitel", etc. For what we want I can say that the Marriott is the best and definitaly will keep coming back to this place. The reasons why I will again stay here with my family (wife, 2.5 year old boy and myself) are the following:

- very friendly and helpful staff
- it is by no means a typical family hotel, yet you get the impression that children are very welcome, which is not always the case in Germany
- big rooms with generous space to set up an extra bed for our little boy
- fantastic views of the skyline
- very good location with tube station around the corner (which is good when on the go with a toddler)
- good bar (good for daddy :-))
- quite, even with the little one complaining in the room, it was very unlikely that our neighbours would have heard it

for who would I recommend this place:
- Frankfurt first time visitors due to the view
- Small families
- Business Travelers

for a romantic weekend with wife only, perhaps there are more romantic places

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Haddock1910
tdtil, Director of Rooms Operations at Frankfurt Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Haddock1910,

Thank you for "giving us another try" and for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor! Your kind words are the best reward for all the efforts our team invested in the renovation and the high standard of service our team is striving to provide on a daily basis.

Maybe it is because Frankfurt is mainly a business location we love to have families staying with us. It is not just our staff (in particular our bellmen) who love children but also other travelers. It is funny to observe how other hotel guests enjoy the presence of little children since we do not have too many families staying with us.

It is needless to say that we would love to welcome you back upon your next visit to Frankfurt. Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with feedback and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if there is anything I can do for you.

With best regards,

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I went to a convention in Frankfurt every year for 5 years and never had a bad experience at the Marriott. While it is not a typical German hotel, it is very pleasant and food and rooms are excellent. It is a very solid business hotel with a great location.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice with rooms on the river side of the hotel the best.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear robfweir,

It is wonderful to learn that you have been staying with us on a yearly basis and always had a wonderful experience. Thank you for sharing this information with us as well as with fellow travelers!

We very much appreciate your loyalty and would love to be your host again for the future years to come.

Please do not hesitate contact me directly if there is anything I can assist you with.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

The Marriott is a good choice for anyone traveling to Frankfurt for business or conferences, as it is located close enough to walk to many public transportation options and the downtown area.

The hotel itself is drab and boring on the outside, though the rooms look to have been recently renovated. It's basically an American style hotel, so the rooms will be larger than what you'd typically find in Europe. My room had a very comfortable bed and bedding, a large work space, new TV, and spacious bathroom. There was also a high-quality iron (and board) in the room, which made freshening up my shirts a simple task. Sound dampening in the room seemed quite good, as I didn't hear noises from outside.

One complaint is that the room was not as clean as it should have been. I found a hair in the bathroom that clearly wasn't mine, and the bathtub had some small yellow stains.

The breakfast option at the hotel, while expensive, is quite good. There's a large selection of cold cuts, breads, fruits, juices, yogurt, etc, as well as hot items and an omelette bar, with espresso drinks made to order.

Service at the hotel was friendly and helpful. When I requested slippers for my room, they were sent up within five minutes (though arguably the rooms should already include slippers). Also I was stupid and left my phone charger in the room. When I called the hotel, they had recovered it and handed it off to my colleague to bring back to me, as I had asked.

If you're traveling for business, the Marriott is well located and set up for being productive.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear cillierabbit,

Thank you for choosing the Marriott Hotel for your recent visit to Frankfurt.

The entire hotel has in deed been renovated very recently and I am very happy to learn that the rooms did meet your expectations.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced regarding the cleanliness of the room. Our Housekeeping usually does an outstanding job and you can rest assured that your observations do not reflect our high standards of cleanliness we are usually providing.

We would love to be your host again and I would be delighted to personally assist you if there is anything I can do for you. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

With warm regards,

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Had a great stay here, the room was modern and spacious with all you would expect from a Marriott. The view was lovely. The breakfast was expensive but exemplary. The service was prompt and courteous. Staff seem to enjoy their jobs.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jack295

Dear jack295,

Thank you for staying at the "new" Frankfurt Marriott Hotel and for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

Your kind and rewarding words are very much appreciated and will be shared with the entire team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back - hopefully in the near future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

This is my default property of choice when I come into Frankfurt. The staff there are super from the bellmen to the front desk to the concierge lounge staff. And the location is extremely convenient - right next to the tram station and down the street from the U-Bahn station (subway). You will not be disappointed by choosing this place (and this is coming from a Marriott Platinum member!) so take my word!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor facing the Messe Hall (essentially convention centre) as it provides...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Greg H
tdtil, Director of Rooms Operations at Frankfurt Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Dear Greg H,

It fills us with pride and joy to learn that the Marriott Hotel is your preferred hotel in Frankfurt and we very much appreciate the time invested in sharing this information on Tripadvisor.

Your kind words will be shared with the team and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.