“Above and beyond!”

Frankfurt Marriott Hotel
Ranked #17 of 271 Hotels in Frankfurt
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I checked in to this hotel in late April. The hotel is walking distance to the sites on the River Main and to the train station. Had a great afternoon. I woke up the next morning and discovered I was having a medical emergency (not hotel related!). The front desk summoned security, an ambulance was called, very quickly. Obviously, I left with little planning and all my belongings were left out. They secured my items and extended my stay. I spent two days in the hospital.

Upon my return, hotel staff was most gracious. My belongings were all secured and accounted for. I was having trouble getting around, and was attempting to manage my pain enough so I could return home. Hotel staff assisted me in my room, in the hallways, in the lounge, and regularly called and checked on me...offering food and assistance. Service was above and beyond!

I wish I had more time to check out the amenities. Room service was good. They honor their time guarantees without prompting, a meal was 5 min late and was free. The lounge was exceptional. Nice views of the city, well stocked breakfast and evening snacks. The room was clean, spacious, and had good working temperature controls.

The staff went out of their way to secure taxis, with good drivers who would help me get around. It seems silly to talk about room amenities, when the hotel staff effectively dealt with a medical emergency and a portion of my recovery far away from home. I am not sure that other hotels I have stayed at would answer this call to duty. The Marriott Frankfurt answered the call and has all my repeat business. Thank you so much! I am so grateful to the folks at this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a good view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank alm5150
tdtil, Director of Rooms Operations at Frankfurt Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear alm5150,

It is wonderful to see that our customers take their time to share their experience which we very much appreciate. Needless to say that we are even more delighted if it is such a positive review like yours.

We will share your kind words with the team during our next meeting. Our team is being trained on emergency situations on a regular basis and we always have a Manager on Duty and Security Office on duty who will do their utmost to ensure our customers' comfort and safety.

Apart from security policies and procedures, our team obviously also went the extra mile to ensure you were well taken care of during your entire stay.

Thank you for this wonderul feedback which will not go unrecognized.

Should your travels bring you back to Frankfurt in the near future, I would love to personally assist you. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have any questions or needs.

With warm regards,

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Hotel is a standard Marriott. Best bed you'll get. Perfect location for attending the Messe, literally across the road from it. There is an American sport bar in the lobby which have good beers and food.
Just need to add wifi to be part of the complimentry services as it is needed all the time these days

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
tdtil, Director of Rooms Operations at Frankfurt Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear Yoni G,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing the Marriott Hotel for your recent visit to Frankfurt. I also very much appreciate the time you invested in writing this review.

Our hotel and its surroundings do have a lot to offer. It is the ideal location when your in town for an exhibition and it still is only a few minutes away from downtown Frankfurt. You can walk to Frankfurt's largest shopping mall in 5-10 minutes and there are numerous restaurants and bars in the neighborhood.

Complimentary wifi is available in our hotel lobby while we offer Frankfurt's fastest hotel internet connection in our guest rooms. We strongly recommend booking a package which includes high speed internet but you can also purchase internet acces by the minute, by the hour or for 24 hours.

Since we receive nothing but wonderful feedback about our beds, I need to mention that the "Marriott Bed" can be purchased through our online shop.

We would love to be your host again for you next visit to Frankfurt. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

The check in was friendly and efficient.

Room
Adequate however two gripes. One is the quality of toilet paper and no water provided. When you are spending so much on a room you'd expect decent toilet roll and water provided

Breakfast
Had to help my self to orange and coffee from waiters station as waiters were not seen.

Preferred the stay at hilton in Frankfurt.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
tdtil, Director of Rooms Operations at Frankfurt Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear AUSTUK,

We very much appreciate the time you spent on reviewing the Frankfurt Marriott Hotel on Tripadvisor. We also would like to thank you for choosing the Marriott Hotel for your recent visit to Frankfurt.

I was very sorry to learn that your stay with us did not quite meet your expectations. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience experienced.

I would like to add that we are providing water in the guest rooms. However, it is to be found in the minibar which is located in the closet.

We would love to be your host again and I would be delighted to personally assist you if there is anything I can do for you.

With best regards,

Reviewed 19 May 2014

The Frankfurt Marriott is probably an amazing hotel for its target market: American businessmen who are here for a convention. However, for everyone else, it's really unpleasant.

The rooms themselves are recently renovated with comfortable beds and nice enough decor. They meet the Marriott international standard.

However, generally, I felt like I was in a 5 star Marriott Des Moines Iowa and not a top notch European hotel. The Executive lounge was always filled with LOUD American businesspeople. The food selection was extensive in the lounge, but was really very bad quality. It was like airplane food really. I stopped eating there after my first day in the hotel. For those who just want to stock up on free booze, the lounge does serve a nice alcohol service throughout the evening. (Although the red wine was undrinkable.)

The housekeeping was also weird. I called down to have turndown service. I arrived back to my room without it having been serviced. When I called again to have turndown service while I was away, I returned to find a pile of extra towels and toiletries stacked on the bathroom counter - with nothing else done to the room. And note that the hotel does not provide any water at turndown or during the day service.

Luckily I was just staying here for two nights. The location is convenient for the train station. However, it was not well located for any other sightseeing.

I definitely will not stay at this hotel again. I should note that for comparison, I just came from the Grand Hyatt Berlin, which was a very very excellent hotel. So this hotel is really a letdown. It's particularly noticable in the service. In the lounge in Hyatt Berlin, the staff would say "Hellp Mr. XYZ, we're closing in 10 minutes, would you like any last selections from the bar?" Here at the Marriott the comment was "We are closed now gentlemen."

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
tdtil, Director of Rooms Operations at Frankfurt Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear chrisny2,

Thank you for staying at the Frankfurt Marriott Hotel and for providing us with constructive feedback about your recent stay.

I was very sorry to learn that your experience did not live up to your expectations and that you will not consider us for your next visits to Frankfurt.

It is needless to say that we would love to get another opportunity to convince you of the many advantages and excellent service the Frankfurt Marriott Hotel has to offer.

Your comments will be addressed with our Director of Food & Beverage as well as our Housekeeping Manager as we very much appreciate your valuable feedback.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if there is anything I can assist you with. I will be delighted to personally assist you with your booking should you decide to stay with us again.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

This is a grest hotel, Marriott standard with great rooms and service. However it has few bad sides. First of all it's perfectly located if you want to go to the fair, but far from all shopping, old city and touristic attraction. Secondly the price is crazy... I guess the hotel rate are based on the standard of Frankfurt however i can not really explain why they charge you 27?/night for the parking without any discount....and 20? gor internet ?!?! Are they still in the 80's ?? They do provide a free internet at the lobby with 0.2 Mb rate, that's petty.....

1  Thank Bambooly
tdtil, Director of Rooms Operations at Frankfurt Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Bambooly,

First of all I would like to thank you for staying at the "new" Frankfurt Marriott Hotel and for sharing your thoughts on Tripadvisor.

Your kind words regarding the hotel and service are very much appreciated.

The public garage is not operated by the hotel but by a privately held company which operates most of Frankfurt's and many other cities' downtown garages. Unfortunately, they do not offer any kind of discount for our hotel guests.

Did you try the "Skyline Plaza" during your stay with us? It is Frankfurt's largest shopping mall and it just opened around the corner from the hotel. It certainly adds to our location while downtown Frankfurt is only a few minutes away.

We would love to be your host again upon your next visit to Frankfurt. Please let me know if there is anything I can assist you with.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

This is a big hotel, just 10-15 minutes from the center of Frankfurt and right next to the "messe". There is good public transportation just outside the hotel.
The staff is friendly.
My room was in a high floor with a great view of the city. It was clean and spacious.

The breakfast was not as good as i had in other hotels, but was enough.
The lifts work very badly and are not enough for this hotel size

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nuno P
tdtil, Director of Rooms Operations at Frankfurt Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear pelicanoPortugal,

Thank you for staying at the Frankfurt Marriott Hotel and for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor!

We would be delighted to be your host again upon your next visit to Frankfurt. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, if there is anything I can assist you with.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed at the Marriott many years ago and said to myself that was the last time due to the old rooms.
We decided to give it another try. We used to live in Frankfurt and hence regularly come back for a weekend or so to visit friends. Our friends are scattered around the town. We also know Frankfurt pretty well. Hence, we have stayed at many places, "Hessischer Hof", "NH Hotels", "Novotels", "Palmenhof", "Sofitel", etc. For what we want I can say that the Marriott is the best and definitaly will keep coming back to this place. The reasons why I will again stay here with my family (wife, 2.5 year old boy and myself) are the following:

- very friendly and helpful staff
- it is by no means a typical family hotel, yet you get the impression that children are very welcome, which is not always the case in Germany
- big rooms with generous space to set up an extra bed for our little boy
- fantastic views of the skyline
- very good location with tube station around the corner (which is good when on the go with a toddler)
- good bar (good for daddy :-))
- quite, even with the little one complaining in the room, it was very unlikely that our neighbours would have heard it

for who would I recommend this place:
- Frankfurt first time visitors due to the view
- Small families
- Business Travelers

for a romantic weekend with wife only, perhaps there are more romantic places

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Haddock1910
tdtil, Director of Rooms Operations at Frankfurt Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Haddock1910,

Thank you for "giving us another try" and for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor! Your kind words are the best reward for all the efforts our team invested in the renovation and the high standard of service our team is striving to provide on a daily basis.

Maybe it is because Frankfurt is mainly a business location we love to have families staying with us. It is not just our staff (in particular our bellmen) who love children but also other travelers. It is funny to observe how other hotel guests enjoy the presence of little children since we do not have too many families staying with us.

It is needless to say that we would love to welcome you back upon your next visit to Frankfurt. Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with feedback and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if there is anything I can do for you.

With best regards,