“Functional stay”

Frankfurt Marriott Hotel
Ranked #19 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed during Busy April for visiting Frankfurt Messe (convention center) Marriott is just a walking distance from the fair literally 2mins walk.
Rooms are overlooking Main city's Streets 2km away from Frankfurt AM central train station that takes you anywhere within/ouside Germany also car rental of all major rentals.

Nearby hotel 15mins (to the right side of the hotel) a nice cozy Italian restaurant with fresh prepared pasta/steak don't recall the name. But its next to the Shisha Bar.

Must book ahead of time if visiting during a busy fair.

Nice in room complimentary touches with chocolate bars as welcoming note from a professional team starting from concierge/front desk/housekeeping all are busy serving your busiest day.

Would recommend in room free Internet for corporate guests at a fixed rate during their stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
tdtil, Director of Rooms Operations at Frankfurt Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear AhmadMokhatar,

It is always wonderful to receive such kind feedback about our staff and the service they are providing. You can rest assured that this will not go unrecognized. We very much appreciate the time invested in sharing your experience.

The Frankfurt Marriott Hotel is the ideal hotel if you are coming to town for an exhibition. The fair grounds and exhibition center are located across the street while downtown Frankfurt is only a few minutes away and Frankfurt's largest shopping mall, the Skyline Plaza, is literally around the corner.

Reading your review I am very optimistic to welcome you back at the Frankfurt Marriott Hotel for your next visit to Frankfurt. Please let me know if there is anything I can assist you with.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Sorry that this review is long overdue. We stayed here in August 2013 (when renovations were in progress) for a combination of business and visiting family. the hotel is conveniently situated not far from the airport or the city center. the front desk staff were efficient and the room large, However the pillows were feather and I am allergic. a call to the front desk revealed that the hotel did not have any foam pillows (something I am sure will have been remedied by now) but they supplied us with synthetic single bed duvets which we rolled up as pillows and this worked.
The executive lounge was excellent despite being in a temporary position because of the renovations. The hotel left 'sorry for the inconvenience' chocolates featuring workmen and tools in the room which was a nice gesture.
we will certainly stay here again and are looking forward to seeing the renovated lounge.

Room Tip: be sure to check if you are allergic to feathers.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank keenvisitor

Dear keenvisitor,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor - even if dates back to a stay in 2013.

The hotel has been completely renovated since then and you can rest assured that we also dispose of foam pillows by now.

We are receiving nothing but wonderful feedback about our Executive Lounge which usually is located on the 43rd floor and therefore offers breathtaking views of Frankfurt.

We would love to welcome you back at the "new" Frankfurt Marriott Hotel and I very much hope that we will have that opportunity in the not too distant future.

In the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything I can assist you with.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

This hotel is just 10-15 minutes from the Frankfurt International airport. Service is very good, on-site parking and 24H service.
Great fitness center, lounge and front desk employees!!!
I really appreciated this hotel even for a very short night...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Olivier_Luxon

Dear Olivier_Luxon,

Thank you for taking the time review the "new" Frankfurt Marriott Hotel after your short but obviously still pleasant stay.

Your kind words will be shared with the team and we would love to be your host again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stayed at the Frankfurt Marriott for one night during March 2014. The hotel is very nice ,well decorated and clean. The check-in was fast and the reception staff was friendly and informative.

The room was a typical Marriott style , clean and well maintained. Sleep quality is always good at Marriott. The room was relativity big in comparison to other Marriott hotels in Europe. I was on an higher floor with great view of Frankfurt from my room. My rate also Included free wifi access in the room.

Breakfast was really good with large varieties of pastries ,breads ,cheese , meat and fresh fruits , I really like it and it was a good start for the day.

The hotel offers on site parking for ~20€ a day. Didn't have time to explore the area near the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Oren B

Dear Oren B,

Thank you very much for your kind words and for recommending the Frankfurt Marriott Hotel!

It is wonderful to learn that our recently renovated product along with our service did meet you expectations and we are looking forward to welcoming back soon.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if there is anything I can assist you with.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed here one night with my children while we were in transit,maybe not the best transit hotel (30Euros each way to/from the airport with a taxi),but good Marriott standard.
Rooms
Very small,and you can only get single/single or king beds.We had an extra bed that took the rest of the space in the room,and it wasn't very good,my son didn't sleep well in it(12 yrs and never complain about the comfort of a bed,but he did here)...Coffee/tea maker in the room,and a very nice bathroom.Empty minibar(very strange in a hotel like this)...Housekeeping came walking into our room at 8am,I still dont understand why,as we were checking out an hour later and there were no minibar to check.
Executive lounge
Closed in the weekends,but we got vouchers for breakfast in the restaurant and this was very good
Wifi
Better than many other hotels

Overall a good stay

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Cirkeline 74,

I am convinced that many fellow travellers will find your review very helpful and I would like to thank you for staying at the recently renovated Frankfurt Marriott Hotel as well as for taking the time to share your experience.

I was very sorry to learn that you encountered some challenges during your stay which I would like to express my apologies for. However, I am glad to learn that you still rate us as a "Good Marriott".

It is needless to say that we would love to be perceived as an excellent or outstanding hotel by all of our customers and your feedback will certainly assist us in improving our service.

During the renovation we also invested in upgrading our internet connection which currently is the fastest hotel internet connection in Frankfurt and it is good to receive some feedback about it.

We would love to welcome you back upon your next visit to Frankfurt and I would be delighted to personally assist you.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed here on business for couple of days. The location of the hotel is excellent for both city and airport. As a high rise it offers great views, though the layout of the windows could have been better to make most of the skyscraper. Sometimes architects have ideas that work well in a way but get in the way in others. The breakfast facility is good and the lounge and bar were quite comfortable and pleasant. The access from car park to hotel was a bit awkward, perhaps it was some ongoing construction but even so, could have been better taken care of. Room was good but again, on issue of design, the adjacent elevators were percolating enough noise for a less than trouble free sleep. Room location always matters! All in all still a good business hotel offering great location and a decent standard of stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear RBhatla,

Thank you for your detailed review which will certainly be of great assistance for fellow travelers!

The building itself is 40 years old while the hotel part of the building (our guest rooms are located on floors 26 to 44) has just been renovated. We could not change the size of the windows during this renovation and I agree that windows simply cannot be big enough. However, I do believe that our windows still offer fantastic views and a lot of daylight.

For safety reasons the public garage does not have direct access to the hotel and I would like to express my apologies should this have caused you any inconvenience.

Also, I am very sorry to learn that you experienced some challenges with the location of your room. Like in most hotels some of our guest rooms are located close to an elevator which some people prefer while it definitely should not negatively affect your good night's rest.

We would love to get another opportunity to convince you of the many advantages the Frankfurt Marriott Hotel has to offer. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had a long layover in Frankfurt, so booked a room at the downtown Marriott (I actually thought it was close to the airport, but...) It was easy to get to via the subway. Very nice hotel, all the amenities one expects from Marriott. We were well rested for our trip back to the states the next day. The only downside was that it was pricey (not just the room, but the food, too.)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank n3103f

Dear n3103f,

The amount of feedback we are receiving via Tripadvisor is dramatically increasing and I am very grateful for the time our guests like you are investing in these reviews.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your layover at the "new" Frankfurt Marriott Hotel and had a safe trip home.

We would love to be your hotel of choice for your next visit to Frankfurt and I would be delighted to personally assist you.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.