I will start by saying that I have never really enjoyed staying in Frankfurt and would recommend anyone arriving at the airport to consider nearby cities such as Mainz, if however you are in town on business or simply want the comfort a trains to the airport every 12 minutes or so this is not a bad place to stay. You can certainly walk here from the station, in fact you almost have to as the cabs don't seem happy to take you the 200 meters or so from the station to the hotel, and it is only three blocks from the river. That said this is not a pretty area of town and I have never found a good place to eat less than a ten minute walk from the hotel.
I have never stayed in the old historic part that you see on the web site having always been upgraded to the new part of the hotel. When I was here the weekend of the 16th the hotel was somewhat full - the football match - and once again I found myself on the 8th floor of the new building. The rooms are functional and the AC works far better than most of the hotels I have stayed at in Germany. That said they are also without any charm though they do substitute by providing an iron and ironing board. Meals are fairly good though overpriced as is any service provided in the business center.
If you want a hotel in Frankfurt close to the station this is your best bet as everything works and the staff are nice and helpful. They of course can help the fact that the location around the station lacks good dinning spots and beauty nor are they responsible for the jetsons decor of the hotel.
As I said at the start I am not a fan of Frankfurt, except for business, as its old town is something of a tourist trap and it business center is all highrise towers similar to what one would see any Atlanta or Dallas - actually I think but of those American cities have more charm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect symbiosis between classic grand and trendy lifestyle hotel in the heart of Frankfurt In 2007, all the rooms in the Business Wing, the public areas and hotel restaurant were completely refurbished. The five-star Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt is idyllically located at the so called Wiesenhuttenplatz, right in the middle of the city and only a 15-minute drive away from Frankfurt Airport. Chic modern elegance awaits you in the 220 rooms in the Business Wing. The historical Palais consists of 80 rooms with beautiful vaulted ceilings. Le Parc Restaurant is known for its outstanding local and international cuisine. The Casablanca Bar prides itself on its creative cocktails, nostalgic ambience and live piano music. The hotel has its very own, and most unusual, beer garden on Wiesenhuttenplatz. The Fitness + Sauna area possesses two saunas and state-of-the-art fitness equipment with an integrated entertainment system including iPod-docking station, TV and an internet browser. Furthermore, massages can be booked via our Guest Relations Team. The rooms are non-smoking rooms and smoking is only available at Casablanca Bar as a classic smokers' lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TravelUp and Hotel.de so you can book your Le Meridien Frankfurt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt Hotel Frankfurt
- Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt
- Frankfurt Le Meridien