“Very good”

Excellent breakfast
Efficient and friendly staff
Would recommend

Stayed April 2012
LE_MERIDIEN_FFM, Manager at Le Meridien Frankfurt, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Dear guest „Dennis_G“, for your time and efforts you took to write this comments, I would like to thank you. It is a pleasure to read you have been positive impressed about our breakfast and service. We are looking forward to welcome you back, may be even before the next “Light + Building”. Best regards, Wolfgang Selinger – Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hamburg, Germany

The goods:
* Location : a few meters away from the central station, covenant if you need to catch train/plane
* Breakfast is excellent, staff is attentive and courteous, just what the business clientele needs
* Room is clean, spacious, well ventilated and air conditioned, (+) conditioner in addition to moisturizer, shower gel and shampoo is there, (+) there is a iron and iron board in the room, very convenient again for the business clientele, (+) envir. friendly change of bed linen.
Safe is there as well as mini fridge
*Staff at the reception, helpful and friendly (obviously embarrassed about the whole silly internet situation)
*Facilities: there is a spa/fitness center, room is kind of tiny but for a cardio once in a while it s ok.

The bad or to be improved:
* Internet (big -) people, we're in 2012 and the hotel charges customers ( business clientele),
wait...7 to 10 EUR for a 4 hour connection,
you can get internet for free in the lobby but wait for 30 silly minutes!
Simply LU DI CROUS!

For this reason, hotel doesn't get its 5 points and for the same reason I would highly recommend to go to stay in another place, Frankfurt certainly doesn't lack hotels where you can get internet free of charge within the same price range

1 Thank einmal75
LE_MERIDIEN_FFM, Manager at Le Meridien Frankfurt, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Dear guest „einmal75“, thank you very much for taking the time writing your opinion. Indeed our location is convenient for travelers by train, plane and even by car. Internet is free of charge ½ hour within the lobby area for all our guests and 24 hours for Starwood Preferred Guests with Platinum status. Also SPG Gold member are able to choose free internet as a welcome gift. However, thank you for your suggestion on this. Kind regards, Wolfgang Selinger – Resident Manager
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I am currently almost a week into a three week stay at Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt. For a stay of a couple of days, this hotel is great, but when staying this long, I have noticed a fs (ew drawbacks. In short - the good is location, staff, room quality; the bad is room size, phone/internet/tv, and lack of coffee machines. Below, I will go into more detail on the pros and cons. Overall, I would stay here again, as long as I could find a good deal. I have been mostly pleased with my stay so far.

Rooms: I am staying in a Superior Room on one of the SPG floors. Overall, I am happy with the room, as I am not particular about the amount of space I need. Some might complain about the size. The furnishings are comfortable and of good quality. The standard of cleanliness is high and water and fruit is stocked daily.

Service: All of the staff I have dealt with have been friendly and professional. Everyone has been quite helpful. The housekeeping staff are efficient and consistent.

Location: Good location, near the train station. Well connected via train and metro to just about anywhere you would want to go. Not too much in the immediate vicinity, though - lots of places to buy kebab, which suits me fine.

Utilities: This is probably my biggest complaint. For a short stay, it would not be an issue, but when staying at length, the lack of English channels (other than news) on the television can lead to numbing boredom. You can order movies and television for 24 hours for about 30 euros, which seems very expensive to me. If it were that price for an entire stay, I would definitely be interested. Internet is also quite expensive, at 19 euros per day. There is no direct dial system for people to call your room, so every time my wife calls, she has to call the front desk and get transferred up. I would imagine this to be as annoying for the front desk staff as it is for me.

Tea/Coffee: The room does not have a kettle or coffee maker by default. Most decent hotels these days have a pod style coffee maker, which I find to be a very nice touch, but it is lacking here. Guest services was able to provide a kettle, though, which is better than nothing. They do provide a voucher for a coffee in the bar, but as only one is provided per stay, when staying for more than a couple of nights, this is a trivial consolation.

Breakfast: I am lucky enough to have a rate that includes breakfast. The breakfast is pretty good, with a nice variety of yogurt, pastries, breads, cheese, meats, sausage, and an omelette station. As with all hotel breakfasts - the price is a bit high.

Overall, if a few of the above issues were to be addressed, I would most likely assign this hotel a rating of 5, but it is a solid 4 as it stands right now.

1 Thank pascalli2
Dear guest „pascalli2“, thank you very much for taking the time writing your comments. It is a pleasure to read that you felt comfortable throughout your stay with us and you enjoyed the service we provided. Thank you also for your suggestions; I am happy to be able to tell you that our TV system will improve soon and with this more English TV channels will be available (also non-news channels). Due to safety issues it is unfortunately not possible to call directly to a room, our guest service team is happy to put the calls through. We hope to see you again in Frankfurt. Kind regards, Wolfgang Selinger – Resident Manager
New Jersey
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Stayed during my recent trip to Riga. Overall very nice and clean, good location.Room was on a small side, although everything looked nice and new/ i stayed in a new wing/
Good breakfast/ 27 euro/
Recommend more for business traveler, rather than high end places for couples and vacations.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Dear guest „alexshulman“, it is a pleasure to read your comments, thank you for sharing. Our location and variety of different room types suits perfectly especially to business travelers. We are looking forward to welcome you again. Best regards, Wolfgang Selinger – Resident Manager
Sydney, Australia
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,870 helpful votes
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Not sure why but I left with no feelings - can't work out whether it was the hotel or the city or just the end of a wonderful trip.
I'd never been to Frankfurt before and this was a pit stop and the last night in Europe before a long trip home to Australia.
By this stage, we'd accumulated a lot of luggage and guess what - as often happens, the hotel staff waited until we had totally unpacked a taxi, got everything inside to the front desk and then offered to help.
It was a quiet Sunday night so not too many people in the foyer - a great way to be welcomed to Frankfurt.
We were upgraded to a nice suite so they were trying after that to help.
Apart from that though, there seemed nothing of interest in this part of the city - not sure if it was because it was a Sunday night or whether Frankfurt is a commercial hub with no other points of interest - didn't stay long enough to find out but it lacked the appeal of other European cities that I love

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RonWamberal
LE_MERIDIEN_FFM, Manager at Le Meridien Frankfurt, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Dear guest “RonWamberal”, thank you for your time writing your opinion. I have to apologize for the missing help with your luggage, this is of course not what you can and did expect. Indeed a Sunday night is not as busy as other nights, but there is still a lot to discover within Frankfurt. I feel sorry if we could not recommend something of your interests. Maybe there is another chance for Frankfurt and our hotel in the future, to show you our place in a different way. Kind regards, Wolfgang Selinger – Resident Manager
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 April 2012

This hotel is only a block from the Frankfurt main train station. The hotel is kept very well and clean. I enjoyed my stay in the hotel. I got a huge room with super high ceiling. I picked this hotel over the Westin (as a starwood gold member) because its proximity to the train station. It made it super convenient for me to get on the train and head for an early morning flight out of Frankfurt.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kwongman
LE_MERIDIEN_FFM, Manager at Le Meridien Frankfurt, responded to this review, 15 April 2012
Dear guest „kwongman“, thank you for staying with us and the time writing your opinion on Tripadvisor. I am glad to read you felt comfortable throughout your stay with us and our location made your stay more convenient. We are looking forward to welcome you back! Best regards, Wolfgang Selinger – Resident Manager
Indiana
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I stayed one night at this hotel recently and I was impressed with the quality of my stay. Most of my Starwood stays are at Sheratons but Le Meridien is definitely on my radar for the future. The hotel location is extremely convenient. There isn't really any view from the hotel but it's within easy walking distance of the train station. I reckon you could go door-to-door from the airport to the hotel in less than 30 minutes if you get lucky with S-Bahn times.

Check-in was courteous and efficient in typical German fashion. I booked a single but I was pleased to find out I was upgraded to an Executive room thanks to SPG Gold status. Executive floor upgrades don't happen too often as a Gold so I was only too happy to take the upgrade. The executive room was small, but not bad for European standards. The hotel was aged but the room was smartly furnished and decorated. Even the free bottle of water was in a nice-looking glass bottle along with some attractive glassware. The bed is comfortable (for me) but it could be a bit firm for some tastes and the pillows are rather uncomfortable. The desk chair was also a bit uncomfortable. One thing I would have liked to see was an in-room coffeemaker. However, there's a good coffee shop near the hotel with reasonably priced coffee. The radio/alarm clock was nice and had an iPod dock which I enjoyed using.

I hear the breakfast is good, but it wasn't included in my room rate and I felt 26 EUR was too much to spend for breakfast. However if I paid 26 EUR for breakfast I'd expect it to be good! Other services are rather expensive as well, 24 hours of Internet access is 19 EUR but thankfully Internet is included systemwide for SPG Gold now. Once connected though, the Internet connection is fast and reliable.

Overall I'd say I was pleasantly surprised with the hotel, the compact hotel size is a refreshing change from big tower-style business hotels. It's not luxurious but definitely comfortable with almost a boutique hotel feel to it. I'd definitely consider staying here again next time I'm in the Frankfurt area.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear guest “jinphil_cho”, thank you very much for sharing your comments. It is great to see you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you also for your suggestions. We are looking forward to see you again and would like to take this chance to thank you for your loyalty with Starwood as a SPG gold member. Kind regards, Wolfgang Selinger – Resident Manager