“Ideal Messe Hotel”

Ranked #43 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Ideal Messe Hotel”
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Stayed in this hotel whilst attending a show at the Messe. For this the hotel ideally suited. It is a 5 minute walk from the Bahnhof (train station) which is in-turn is a 5 minute train ride to the Messe.

The hotel is just off the main square where the station is and is two streets down from one of the main streets (Kaiserstrasse) down into the old town and the skyscraper area, so there is plenty of choices to eat and drink close by. I was checked in swiftly and given a room in the 'business section'.

It appeared to have been refurbished recently so its was very modern with all the amenities you expect. Large TV, free water, Minibar, small desk. Wifi is not free but reasonably priced for a business hotel. The room was smaller than what is average these days and maybe with other person it may feel a tad small but for me on my own it was more than adequate. Bathroom was clean and had a good shower.

I chose not to eat in the hotel as it only had a buffet on, the concierge was more than happy to give me a map and a marked on them the various restaurants around. I did have a drink in the bar, (priced like a business hotel!!!) the bar allows smoking, but the barmen are full of conversation. The place has a lot of people in it, full of chat, making it a fun place for a drink, if you don't mind the prices!

I slept well with no problems, I didn't have breakfast in the morning either and was checked out swiftly by the staff.

Overall, this is a good business hotel, its location to the train station makes it a good choice for travelling, although the location surroundings aren't fantastic (a few beggars around) it isn't unsafe. The staff are chatty, helpful and typical professional as you would expect. Hotel rate was expensive, but was actually one of the cheaper ones I found because of the fair ! I would recommend staying in this hotel if you were attending the a show at the Messe.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
LE_MERIDIEN_FFM, Manager at Le Meridien Frankfurt, responded to this review, 24 September 2012
Dear guest „Leaping_Deere“, thank you very much for the time and effort writing your impressions. Le Méridien Parkhotel Frankfurt is indeed very well located. It was a pleasure to read you felt comfortable throughout your stay with us. Please appologize the miscommunication regarding our restaurant offers: Also if we offer a buffet, a la carte choices are always still available. We hope to see you back during your next journey to Frankfurt. Best wishes, Wolfgang Selinger – Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2012

I’ve been to the Parkhotel several times and I’ve found it to be a decent 4* hotel. Staff are competent (if at times a bit distant). Rooms are clean and modern (although they are quite small!). Breakfast is good, but room service isn’t (I think the pizza I ordered must have been frozen!).

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Paradectral A
LE_MERIDIEN_FFM, Manager at Le Meridien Frankfurt, responded to this review, 20 September 2012
Dear guest “Paradectral A”, thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor and for your loyalty staying with us more often. If you are taking part of our loyalty program SPG – Starwood Preffered Guest – you get the chance to become a Platinum member where, in example, also upgrades are offered to larger rooms for the same price. Best regards, Wolfgang Selinger – Resident Manager
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Conveniently located at an easy stroll from the city centre (10 to 15 minutes walking), and a few steps away from the -at night somewhat dodgy- central station area.
I stayed here two nights during a business trip. Nice place, and despite it belonging to a large hotel chain, it does not have an impersonal atmosphere. There is a classic -I don't want to call it historic- and a modern part to the hotel. The first is without a doubt the nicest one, though of course the priciest as well. The only minor downside to the classic part is that it only has one -small- elevator, so be prepared to wait some time during rush hour, unless you want to takes the staircase.
My room in the classic part of the hotel was amazingly spacious, clean, with all amenities and everything in working order. The large bed had a good mattress - I like them hard, so I was fine with that. From my room I had a nice view on the small park in front of the hotel. From the fourth floor, I was looking out on tree tops - not what you expect in Frankfurt. What struck me was the fact that it was so amazingly quiet, this being after all a big city. This might have something to do with the lack of nightlife, or just with good sound-proof windows being installed. I didn't take breakfast here, as I really found it overpriced at 28 EUR. Staff was very helpfull and efficient (hey, this is Germany right?).
All in all a very nice hotel and certainly worth 4 stars, though I wouldn't honestly grant it that 5th star.

Room Tip: Room 405 in the classic part of the hotel looks out over the park - you think you're in the coun...
1 Thank GypsyKingBrussels
Dear guest “GypsyKingBrussles”, for the time and effort you took in writing your experience I would like to thank you. The bed in your room is called LM bed and a special creation for all Le Méridien Hotels worldwide. It was a great pleasure to read you felt comfortable with our service and interior we provided. We are looking forward to welcome you again. Kind regards, Wolfgang Selinger – Resident Manager
Jundiai, SP
Reviewed 7 September 2012

For what we payed, it's a good hotel, good location, small rooms, kind of modern, nice breakfast. A little bit less than what i expected, but, as i said, average. The restaurant is very prestigious, and the price is fair.

1 Thank jujumassoti
Dear guest “jujumassoti”, your effort in writing your opinion is much appriciated. We would be more than happy to see you back at our property. Please feel free to contact us at reservations.frankfurt(at)lemeridien.com to find the room type suits you best. With kind regards, Wolfgang Selinger – Resident Manager
Reviewed 26 August 2012

The location was pretty good, close to where a bunch of kebap places are (even though it's also close to the Red Light district), the European Central Bank, and some of the streets where people hang out in outdoor dining. Not much to complain about other than the smallish rooms.

Room Tip: Try to get an upgrade. The normal size rooms is 1/2 the size of our upgrade, which was already not...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
LE_MERIDIEN_FFM, Manager at Le Meridien Frankfurt, responded to this review, 31 August 2012
Dear guest „Kryzak“, thank you for your valuation on this website. A lot of our guests are pleased about the central location of our hotel, to the surroundings you mentioned as well as the river side and walking distance to the old part and shopping streets of Frankfurt. We do hope that your traveling plans bring you back to Frankfurt and to our hotel. Best regards, Wolfgang Selinger – Resident Manager
London
Reviewed 23 August 2012 via mobile

Booked the Park Hotel for a 3 night business trip. Check in staff were both friendly and helpful letting me know that I was booked into a room on the business floor (new part of the hotel).

Room was on the 1st floor near conference rooms. Within 5 minutes of walking into my room, reception phoned to ask if everything was ok with my room. At that point I did not really have an opinion of the room but did note that though it was classified as non-smoking, there was a distinct "hanging tobacco" smell in the room. Not enough to complain about but there.

I then proceeded to assess the rest of the room. First impression was that it was small but not ridiculously so. However, the ironing board had been built into a small cupboard that cramped the already narrow entrance even further. Later tht board became a running joke for me as whenever it was extended the passage now being cut off by the board becme my in-room obstacle course.

More concerning, given my room was a "business room" wa the omelette lack of coffee and the making facilities. Completely unacceptable for a business traveller. The desk/dressing table in the room was smll but once gin adequate for ung a small form laptop with an open paper file or 2. Intenet access was provided (both cable and wii) but the price is seriously ridiculous and service could only be booked or a maim of 24 hours. Given the price I was paying fo the room, this chess could be provided free of charge.

The bathroom was again on the small side but still very usable. Less impressive was the the pressure and temperature of the hot water making drawing a hot bath impossible - showers only.

The bed was a standard double, but comfortable and enough pillows were provided to start a pillow fight (provided no one pulled to f bk on the back swing given the size of the room!)

There was a complimentary bottle of mineral water nd a bar fridge with a limited selection of both soft drinks and alcoholic beverages.

The quaility of the Dinner inthe restaurant was pleasantly surprising while most impressive - I ordered beef sirloin that was done exactly to my liking and very tender. However, continuing the trend of trying hard but tripping up, the service in the restaurant was abysmal. I waited for 50 minutes before I finally had to hunt down a waiter (not one had passed my table once the plates for my min course had been cleared) to ask for my bill. During this time I was obviously nt offered any dessert or coffee etc.

Breakfast was buffet and was entirely appropriate with a decent spread of food and lots of staff on duty (surprising compared to dinner).

Location wise, the hotel is just over a block from the railway station and is in a very central location to reach a number of city locations.

Overall experience - forgettable -there was nothing in the hotel that would entice me back on my next trip to Frankfurt, but there were just enough glimpses of effort for me not to run away screaming.

Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Dear guest „BizHolTravel“, I highly appreciate the time you took in writing this detailed summary of your stay at Le Méridien Parkhotel Frankfurt. Thank you very much for the effort! Your feedback is very important for us and will help us to improve our service and room equipment. We went through your comments, comunicated the positive ones and do work on your suggestions and defects mentioned. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your next booking or for any assistance. Best regards, Wolfgang Selinger – Resident Manager
San Jose, California
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Trying to stay at Starwood property hotels when I can. The Meridien in Frankfurt is well located 5 min walk from the main train station. They have a new wing (have not stayed in the old), and the rooms a fairly well set-up for the single business traveler. Rooms are definitely on the small side, but well equipped with small work desk. Shower in the bathroom has a glass folding door that covers less than half of the side, so prepare for a flooded floor when showering. I made a rookie mistake when going into the hotel restaurant for breakfast (a little jet-lagged), not asking how much breakfast was! So ended up paying 27 euros for coffee and a roll! Worse I did it twice! They ask you to sign in when you go into the restaurant, but neglect to tell you how much it is, or if there are any choices. Lesson learned.
They do have a nice little outside restaurant/beer garden. Very pleasant on a warm August evening.

Room Tip: Probably go with the new wing.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Dear guest „mike9852“, thank you very much for your comment on this travellers portal and for your loyality to Starwood Hotels. It is nice to read that the room equipment has met your expectations and was well set up for your business tasks. Thank you as well for your honest feedback regarding the breakfast. Certainly we also serve continental breakfast or A la carte breakfast at our restaurant Le Parc. I am sure that we can truely fulfill your needs when you are staying with us next time. Best regards, Wolfgang Selinger – Resident Manager