Stayed in this hotel whilst attending a show at the Messe. For this the hotel ideally suited. It is a 5 minute walk from the Bahnhof (train station) which is in-turn is a 5 minute train ride to the Messe.
The hotel is just off the main square where the station is and is two streets down from one of the main streets (Kaiserstrasse) down into the old town and the skyscraper area, so there is plenty of choices to eat and drink close by. I was checked in swiftly and given a room in the 'business section'.
It appeared to have been refurbished recently so its was very modern with all the amenities you expect. Large TV, free water, Minibar, small desk. Wifi is not free but reasonably priced for a business hotel. The room was smaller than what is average these days and maybe with other person it may feel a tad small but for me on my own it was more than adequate. Bathroom was clean and had a good shower.
I chose not to eat in the hotel as it only had a buffet on, the concierge was more than happy to give me a map and a marked on them the various restaurants around. I did have a drink in the bar, (priced like a business hotel!!!) the bar allows smoking, but the barmen are full of conversation. The place has a lot of people in it, full of chat, making it a fun place for a drink, if you don't mind the prices!
I slept well with no problems, I didn't have breakfast in the morning either and was checked out swiftly by the staff.
Overall, this is a good business hotel, its location to the train station makes it a good choice for travelling, although the location surroundings aren't fantastic (a few beggars around) it isn't unsafe. The staff are chatty, helpful and typical professional as you would expect. Hotel rate was expensive, but was actually one of the cheaper ones I found because of the fair ! I would recommend staying in this hotel if you were attending the a show at the Messe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect symbiosis between classic grand and trendy lifestyle hotel in the heart of Frankfurt In 2007, all the rooms in the Business Wing, the public areas and hotel restaurant were completely refurbished. The five-star Le Meridien Frankfurt is idyllically located at the so called Wiesenhuttenplatz, right in the middle of the city and only a 15-minute drive away from Frankfurt Airport. Chic modern elegance awaits you in the 220 rooms in the Business Wing. The historical Palais consists of 80 rooms with beautiful vaulted ceilings. Le Parc Restaurant is known for its outstanding local and international cuisine. The Casablanca Bar prides itself on its creative cocktails, nostalgic ambience and live piano music. The hotel has its very own, and most unusual, beer garden on Wiesenhuttenplatz. The Fitness + Sauna area possesses two saunas and state-of-the-art fitness equipment with an integrated entertainment system including iPod-docking station, TV and an internet browser. Furthermore, massages can be booked via our Guest Relations Team. The rooms are non-smoking rooms and smoking is only available at Casablanca Bar as a classic smokers' lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Le Meridien Frankfurt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt Hotel Frankfurt
- Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt
- Frankfurt Le Meridien