“Great Christmas Find”

Ranked #43 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Montreal, Canada
“Great Christmas Find”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two nights during the Christmas Market period. The location is great - close to train station, shops, and the river just down the street. The staff were very polite and friendly. When we arrived and our rooms were not ready yet, we were offered coffee on the hotel while waiting. We stayed at the old section. Our room was comfortable and very impressive with high ceiling and elegant decor. Just the walk up to our room was impressive with museum quality paintings. Will definitely go back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
LE_MERIDIEN_FFM, Manager at Le Meridien Frankfurt, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear guest "Adrine A",

Thank you for your kind feedback and sharing your experience with the tripadvisor community.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to convince you from our service.

Warm greetings to Canada. Guess you have more snow than we here in Frankfurt.

I wish you relaxing christmas days and hope we may welcome you back upon your next trip to Frankfurt.

Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I am regular business traveller to Frankfurt, with approx 2-3 visits per year. I have lived in Frankfurt for 10 years, so I "know" my neighbour hoods and it's always refreshing to see the city through the eyes of a traveller now. I am trying to book different hotels every time I visit, being able to rate the different experiences based on my trips and prior visits. Istayed in te "Le Meridien Park Hotel" 3 nights, and to begin with, the hotels name sounds more fancy than it turned out to be. Here is my review.
Stay: 3 Nights
When: August 2011
Room: Single Room (Old Area)
Price: 120 Euro (195 SGD)
Breakfast included - NO
Location:
5 Minutes away from the Frankfurt Main Station and close to the main shopping area (Zeil Strasse), the main business district and the old Opera, the hotels location is perfect for a weekend trip to Frankfurt or the business traveller like me. You walk 5 minutes to the River Main, who's promenade is very nice to stroll along especially in the SUmmer months. Take a walk over the "Eiserner Steg" to the other side and sip a "Aeppler" in the tradional area of "Sachsenhausen". On the other hand you can walk to the city center (Zeil) in approx 10-15 minutes as well. There are also busses and trams near by.
Hotel / Rooms:
Well, by now I know that there are "new" and "old" rooms, when I stayed here, I was unfortunately put into one of the old single rooms, which was more of a "chamber" than a hotel room. The walls were thin, the wooden floor was creaking, I honestly felt like I was in a little B&B somewhere in the Alps, not in a "Le Meridien" in Frankfurt. It was also the only true single bed I have stayed in in 7 years of business trips. The bathroom was equally outdated. As such, I will avoid coming back here, the single rooms are definitely not state of art compared to the other hotels in Frankfurt and their offers for the same price. Check my reviews for more.
EXTRA GOOD:
+ Location

BAD:
- Value for Money, you get much better hotel rooms for the same cost
- Rooms are tiny and old (if you get the non-renovated ones)
- Close to Frankfurt Red Light District

Room Tip: Avoid the not renovated quarter and especially the "single" rooms
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
LE_MERIDIEN_FFM, Manager at Le Meridien Frankfurt, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear guest "AngryAngMo",

Thank you for your detailed experience on tripadvisor.

Indeed our guests can choose rooms in the historical or modern wing. Especially for regular guests it is nice as the the have a variation in style. In the historical building we do have some small rooms as displayed on all booking platforms. Please ask for a room in the new wing for your the next visit if you prefere a more modern style. Please feel free to contact me personally. and I will ensure you reiceive a nice upgrade.
Thank you for your positiv feedback about our location.
Mamer, Luxembourg
Reviewed 3 December 2013

One night stay at the business wing. Nothing to complain about! Overly friendly staff. Clean and bright/clear, stylish room with good bedding and a choice of two different pillows. Bathrobe, shampoo, conditionner, shower gel and moisturiser provided. Air condition is easy to adjust to make you feel comfy. No air draught by the AC. Complementary bottle of water and shoe shine service. Fair choice at breakfast buffet with live cooking and possibility to order some fancy dishes inspired by a 3 starred Michelin chef for an additional fee.

Sole thing I really disliked - but which is not of the responsibility of the hotel: the neigbourhood! The hotel is right next to the central station, but the way from the train to the hotel proved somewhat tricky for me (young single female voyager). It was already dark at 8PM and there were not many people around except for really dodgy people. I had the bad luck that three men tried to corner me, but no harm was done. Luckily there are enough places where you can seek shelter (such as other hotel lobbies, pubs and a grocery store which is open until midnight).

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
LE_MERIDIEN_FFM, Manager at Le Meridien Frankfurt, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear guest "Justicia_Croft",

Thank you for your feedback on tripadvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you praise our staff.
Luckily our district is changing more and more into a life and art area.
I regret that you experienced a negative impression in the area.

Hope to welcome back you soon.

Beijing, China
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Arriving at the hotel I wasn't sure what ti expect and was surprised with excellent service.

While waiting for my room I was treated to a drink in the bar. The Casablanca Bar was a highlight with good drinks, cigars and very good personal service.

My rooms was quite small, but practical with everything I needed. Living in Asia the first impression was a shock, especially since I have stayed on hotels were the bathroom was bigger than my room. But overall the room provided a comfortable bed and was very quiet.

The Le Meridien Park Hotel is a great place to stay with great service.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
LE_MERIDIEN_FFM, Manager at Le Meridien Frankfurt, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear guest "YanXunLong",

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay, especially the service. I know that hotels in China offer excellent hospitality and service. Even more I feel proud that if you compare us with hotels in China we were able to convince you from our service as well.
I will share your positive feedback with our teams.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This is a 3* hotel masquerading as a 5* on the edge of the red light district with small rooms and far away from any nice restaurants or bars. Use only if you absolutely have to be by the train station. Otherwise far nicer hotels such as the Frankfurter Hof cost no more.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear guest "EdLondon_10",

Thank you very much for your review on tripadvisor.
We have several different room categories and sizes, which is clearly described when a guest books online or by telephone.
I regret that the room size was not at your convenience.
As you mentioned we have a very good location as the hotel is next to the main train station and only 10 min from the airport and the fair ground.
Bars, pubs and international restaurants are in the direct neighbourhood.
Luckily the redlight district is currently changing more and more into a bohemian art district.

I hope you give us the chance to convince you from our service at your next trip to Frankfurt.

Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Well located near the main train station and not far from the historical center, this international class hotel offers quiet, comfortable rooms and professional service. The older part of the building has the charm of European bourgeois accommodation. Just three restrictions: single beds still exist (but they make you feel much younger); the choice of cheeses for breakfast is surprisingly small for a hotel claiming a French label; the spa/fitness room is quite small and sauna is turned off early (6 pm on week-ends, when guest have more time to enjoy it).

Room Tip: Although standards are higher in the modern wing, the old one has more charm.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
LE_MERIDIEN_FFM, Manager at Le Meridien Frankfurt, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear Guest “MarcF1”,

Thank you very much for your review and the 5 stars on Tripadvisor.
We take your points serious and will discuss internally further actions.
We currently plan to renovate the SPA area in 2014 and we will consider the current opening hours of the sauna.

Thank you for your feedback.

San Diego
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We absolutely LOVED the suite we had while we were in town. The hotel manager and his team are so nice and helpful. You cant beat the location of this hotel as it relates to the train station and walking to city center. The one bedroom suite was top notch. As others have said the spa is not a spa as we think of them in the US... We did use points for this stay.

Room Tip: There seems to be a newer and older side to the hotel - we were on older I think based on hallway an...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
LE_MERIDIEN_FFM, Manager at Le Meridien Frankfurt, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear guest "Aimeesan",

Thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor and that you loved your suite and our service.
This is how it should be. We are currently planning to renovate our SPA area next year and I hope we can realize it.

Hope to welcome you back upon your next trip to Frankfurt.