“Convenient base for Messe Frankfurt Exhibition Halls”

Le Meridien Frankfurt
Ranked #43 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Oldham, United Kingdom
“Convenient base for Messe Frankfurt Exhibition Halls”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed here for two nights during a large business conference and whilst the hotel was very good indeed, it is very pricey during these events. The rooms are average but the front of house, restaurants, bar etc are really nice. The Moroccan style bar is very welcoming with great service and a good choice. Really well located for the train station and all city attractions.

Room Tip: Try for the new wing if possible
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
LE_MERIDIEN_FFM, Manager at Le Meridien Frankfurt, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear guest "ghare3001",

Thank you for your positive comment and praise of our staff. I will share your experience with the hotel team.
We are looking forward to welcome you back soon for a drink in our Casablanca bar.
Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Marinha Grande, Portugal
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Very well equipped modern bedrooms, excellent breakfast!
Great restaurant with very helpfull staff.
As we went last December, we were entitled to have some treats (a bag with Christmas candies)!
Well equiped fitness centre with good opening hours.
I highly recommend!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
LE_MERIDIEN_FFM, Manager at Le Meridien Frankfurt, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
Dear guest "ElsaRM",

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the gift.
Thank you for the 5 stars.
I wish you all the best for 2014 and look forward to welcome you back soon.
Vancouver
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I used to stay here many times back in the day for business and decided to try it again this time traveling for holidays. The guest service agent initially put us on the 2nd floor in the old wing then I quickly requested why not putting us in the newer wing? She seemed surprised I knew about it. So she does the change saying she gives us a free upgrade.. hmmm... really?? We were put on the 7th floor in the new wing. I was keen to show this to my husband since he never stayed at this property as he prefers the Hyatt in Mainz. Unfortunately even with it only being for one night, we were not very pleased. The room was tiny, the bathroom very uncomfortably tiny. We won't be staying here again. Staff were so so.. quite indifferent. One good thing which we both enjoyed was the bar and restaurant though.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ToniaYVR
Dear guest "ToniaYVR",

Thank you for your feedback on Tripadvisor and your positive comments about the restaurant and bar service.
Usually the level of service in the entire hotel is our great strenght. I apologize that we were not able to convince you from our hotel in all areas.
Indeed we have to different wings and different room categories. I regret that the room size was not at your convenience.

I would be thankful if you give us the chance to convince you from our hotel any next time.

I will personally look after a nice and spacious room for you.
Feel free to send me a email.

Best regards and all the best for 2014.
Dominik.ritz@lemeridien.com
Taipei
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

Conveniently located in the heart of Frankfurt!! Close to the train station and easy access to almost all the attractions in Frankfurt by foot.

Very cozy stay with staff that remember what tea or coffee you actually drink. Will definitely be back!!

• Stayed December 2013
Dear guest "micheleTaipei",

Thank you very much for your positive review and the 5 stars.
I will share your feedback with the entire team.

We all look forward to welcome you back upon your next trip to Frankfurt.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I stayed at the hotel for a business trip to Frankfurt. The hotel is centrally located. If you are going to the Messe for the show, there is the subway which is much quicker than a cab a block away and will get you there in 10 minutes. Also, the hotel is about a block away from the train station, which is helpful for any day trips. The staff are very helpful and friendly. In the hotel there is the old wing and new wing, I stayed in the old wing, which felt more like a boutique hotel which was nice, but it was a bit noisy. I don't know if the new wing was better, but the elevator banks were certainly busy. I really enjoyed my stay at the hotel and would certainly come back, though it it definitely doesn't have that Meridien feel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear guest "Samanthaabelson",

Thank you very much for your feedback on tripadvisor and that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
After your constructive feedback we will certainly investigate why the workflow in the restaurant was not that smooth as is usual is.
Thank you again for your comment. We look forward to welcome you back soon.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I recently stayed as part of a business trip at this hotel in Frankfurt. The hotel, within 3 minutes walk of the Central Train Station in Frankfurt is convenient and well appointed. The front desk staff were very friendly and despite a crowd at check in/check out, handled things smoothly and efficiently.

The rooms were well appointed albeit on the small side (even by European standards), but a large complimentary bottle of water was appreciated. The beds, linens and pillows were very comfortable and the the hotel was very quiet, despite being fully booked. Another thing which was much appreciated was that the room had at least 4 power outlets. With two phones, a tablet and a laptop to charge, I was glad that I had enough space to charge them all at the same time. Many hotels overlook this nowadays and only give you one or two outlets.

After a business event, a few colleagues and I went to the Casbar bar in the hotel and while it was a friendly space, the drinks were horribly expensive, even by hotel standards.

Breakfast was very nice, a very large selection of fresh food including an egg station for omelettes. My only complaint was that despite that breakfast had a large staff working it, the service was chaotic. I had to wait for 10 minutes for silverware to eat my breakfast, despite asking someone who was clearing a nearby table. She finished clearing the table and set two more before bringing me silverware and was clearly inconvenienced when I tried to order coffee.

All in all though a good hotel. More than fine for a business trip.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
LE_MERIDIEN_FFM, Manager at Le Meridien Frankfurt, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear guest "danale1965",

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in our hotel.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay.
I promise you that we take your feedback about our breakfast performance serious and will improve our training in this area.
Thank you for the constructive feedback.

Hope to welcome you back soon.

I wish you enjoyable christmas days and all the best for 2014.

CT
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Stayed at Le Meridien in early December. It's a great base to see Frankfurt and the surrounding areas as it is one block from the train station. Easy access to the airport via the train station. The hotel is very convenient and the staff is among the best. Very helpful and knowledgable. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear guest "Krish095",

Thank you for your feedback on tripadvisor. I will forward your praise to our hotel team.
We would love to welcome you back when you return fron the States.

I hope you enjoyed Frankfurt as well.

Best regards and relaxing christmas day.