“Le Meridien without "Le Meriden personality"”

Le Meridien Frankfurt
Ranked #72 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 22 January 2011

1) I booked this hotel because it is situated near the train station. But when I came, I could not find it. There was no visible sign in the station. I called the reception with my mobile phone, but the lady at the reception was not very helpful and she just repeated the address of the hotel.
2) The room was so small that I had problems with my luggage in the room.
3) The reception staff is not sure if they have wireless in the hotel or not, and when they discovered that the wireless is in the lobby they were not sure how to use it (first they sold me a coupon, they told me just to enter my room number and forget about coupon)
4) The view from the room was terrible - on the back yard
5) The breakfast was reach but nothing special comparing to other hotel from Le Meridien
6) The floor on the entrance in the hotel was not clean
7) All the time there was a housekeeping table in the corridor, so it was not easy to walk near it with my luggage.

The only two positive things in this hotel are location and comfortable bed and because of that I will recommend the hotel to my friends in the hope that in near future there will be some changes. The hotel has all potential as all others Le Meriden hotels (except the size of the room) but the stuff should learn how to work in one Le Meridien and how to put a cold building into nice and welcoming Le Meridien hotel as it should be. I was very disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
GRM_LMPH, Manager at Le Meridien Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2011

Dear IvanDrazic,

Thank you very much for staying at our hotel and sharing your feedback with us via tripadvisor. We appreciate, that you took the time to share your experience with us, as we do believe that a guest’s loyal feedback is the best quality control.

I feel very sorry that you have not been very satisfied with your stay. I wish you had given me the chance to talk to you personally during your stay. I could have turned your disappointment to a satisfaction.

You mentioned several points that were worthy to be discussed with our team to improve our performance. For sure the improvement has already taken place. You will be personally convinced in the future.

Thank you again for your valuable input. We are very happy that despite your dissatisfaction you are still loyal to us and tending to recommend staying with us to your friends. We, in our turn promise that your next stay will be a much more satisfying experience than the recent one.

Best regards,

There are newer reviews for Le Meridien Frankfurt

Reviewed 6 January 2011

Perfect service, outgoing people, very good atmosphere, lovley rooms (Palais Wing), did enjoy the casablanca bar very much, good food, very friendly & helpfull front office staff

• Stayed: September 2010
GRM_LMPH, Manager at Le Meridien Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2011

Dear ALLuCANtravel,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your positive experience with us and the people on tripadvisor. It is great to see that you have enjoyed the stay in our hotel. Certainly, I passed on your tribute to my colleagues at the front desk.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at Le Méridien Parkhotel Frankfurt and if there is anything we can do for you to make your next stay even more delightful, please let us know.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 December 2010

Stayed for 1 night. Room was contemporary and clean. Location is very convenient, just 1 minute from the trainstation, which means you are e.g. at the airport in 15 minutes. Service was good. I tried the restaurant, it was good without being too overpriced. Internet was at a charge, not ludicrulously expensive. Sometimes good rates can be found.

Dear “cyclinglover”,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to post it on tripadvisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit and that you are satisfied with our service and product.

For leisure travelers we recommend advance bookings on the internet which helps to find the best rates and really good offers. We also offer special rates during the holiday season. Why not checking our own homepage next time with our best rate guarantee! We always try to give our guests the best value for their money.

We hope you will be traveling again to Frankfurt in the near future to give us the pleasure to welcome you back again.

Best regards from Frankfurt,

Reviewed 26 December 2010

Due to the snow I missed my flight and was put here by Lufthansa.
It's a very good hotel, with good food, nice rooms, great bathroom and modern rooms with LCD, etc.
Good breakfast, with smoked salmon.

Dear “gobitz”,

Thank you very much for posting your feedback on tripadvisor. It is really nice to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel, although it was an unexpected one.

We would be more than happy to welcome you again at Le Méridien Parkhotel during your next stay in Frankfurt.

Best regards and a successful 2011,

Reviewed 16 December 2010

The hotel is very central if you are catching trains, but tucked away from the noise and somewhat sleezy area that often accompanies a central railway. The staff were very accomodating. We were given an early check in- it was cold and snowing so we were very grateful. The room was well appointed and clean and had a view over the Frankfurt skyline. Overlooking a small park with a glass roof the cafe restaurant is a nice place to enjoy supper or breakfast. We were made to feel very welcome. Not our first stay and won't be our last.

• Stayed: December 2010

Dear da_home,

Thank you very much for staying at Le Méridien Parkhotel Frankfurt and for taking the time to write a comment about your stay.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay very much and that you had a very good impression about our hotel. From our part it is indeed a pleasure to have you here with us. Certainly, we will share your kind comments with our team.

Thanks a lot for your loyalty to our hotel and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 10 December 2010

Compared to other ‘leading’ groups, the starwood chain has not been famous for an individual approach – not even in their upscale array of Le Meridien. Their Frankfurt hotel is centrally located in an area where you do not find many good hotels (a short walk from the central station). It consists of an old part which they call Palace and a new part with modern style rooms – more business type. Regardless of where you stay, the rooms (I have seen) are all pretty small and don’t give a five star impression. Also the staff is quite average in how they deal with guests or even an issue: After I had checked in, I came to a room with such a small bed that I could not believe they were renting this out at all (as a five star product). When I went down to ask for a larger bed, I was advised that this would be a different category (at a higher price). When I came to the new room, the bed was a bit larger, but the whole room looked like any random XYZ Inn with one design element (a nice lamp) and nothing special at all. It has never occurred to me (or anyone?) that 5*hotel staff does not react promptly and pro-actively to an ‘issue’. This, together with the low-quality product, has made my stay really inconvenient. The fact that they even showed ‘attitude’ is just unbelievable and in acceptable.

When I came to the breakfast, I had to sign a receipt which made me believe I even had to pay that extra. It turned out that this was not the case, so my anger over breakfast was in vain. How unprofessional can five stars be? I gave feedback when I checked out, and I was amazed that they then told me they KNEW about the issue of the super-small rooms and that they get frequent complaints. Really, this was too much for me. If you know an issue, how can you not fix it if you aspire to be in a top category.

Breakfast was quite OK – scrambled eggs were freshly made which is no longer standard. But there was no prepared Muesli (e.g. Bircher) and only a small variety of bread (NO baguette!).

There is absolutely no reason to rate this hotel highly or let alone choose it when you come to Frankfurt. There is a good selection of customer-oriented places in the city.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank EuropeanDiversity
GRM_LMPH, Manager at Le Meridien Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2011

Dear guest EuropeanDiversity,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and for your feedback you provided us with via your Comment Card and on Tripadvisor. We feel very sorry for not being able to fully fulfill your expectations during your last stay.

We noticed that you dissatisfaction was mainly caused by the room category. As I already explained in my e-mail to you that you booked a special corporate rate in our lowest room category, nevertheless, we have many different room categories which can surly meet your expectations. Please simply contact me directly for you next booking. I will certainly do my utmost to realize your wishes.

We are proud of our efficient team but still we regret that you had the feeling that we did not deal with your problem in a professional way. Please accept my apology for the unpleasant memories we created.

Furthermore, we would like to inform you that your suggestion to increase the variety of our breakfast buffet has been taken in consideration and realized already. We thank you for your valuable input and your constructive criticism.

We would be happy if you would stay at our hotel again soon. We are confident that your next stay will be far more pleasant than the last one.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 5 December 2010

Hotel is not so well situated for tourist attractions but excellent for business travellers as it is 5 min. walk from the Central train station. Rooms are very clean, good beds and all the essentials in the bathroom. Good working space in the room. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. Good restaurant with a good selection of international cuisine and wines. Very well-equipped meeting rooms
A couple of points that could be improved: lighting in the room is very dim and the bathroom could use some heating: one could freeze to death whilst taking a shower.
Other from that, very good hotel and I would definitely recommend it

Dear LisaK_511,

Thank you so much for staying at our hotel and summarizing your experiences. We always strive to make all our guests feel at home and we put great emphasis on friendliness and good service. We thank you a lot for your kind words.

Accordingly, I have passed on your comments and suggestions to our maintenance team to put the points you mentioned under study and find a suitable solution to improve the situation. We are always happy about feedback and constructive criticism – it helps us to improve our services so that our guests enjoy their stay at our hotel as much as possible.

Thank you again for your efforts and please come back soon!

Best regards from Frankfurt,