Hotel Excelsior
US$109
US$105
Movenpick.com
  • Restaurant
Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel(Frankfurt)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$115
Agoda.com
  • Pool
1,604 results
All reviewsfree mini barthe main train stationsouth exitfree wifitaxi standexcellent locationexcellent breakfastconvenient locationbusiness centersingle roomtea and coffeesmall bathroomreception areashort staycity centreyogurtfrankfurt airport
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed in a triple room for four nights in June 2014. The location of the hotel is excellent, just next to the main railway station of Frankfurt.

We arrived early at 9 am (the check-in time is at 12pm). We asked if we could check-in early and luckily it was possible. We asked for a quiet room but we were told that there were no triple rooms facing the back yard. The receptionist said that he could give us a room from the top floors so that the noise from the streets would not be so big problem. We got a room with a balcony from the 7th floor. Eventhough we had the balcony door closed during the nights, some noise came from the streets to the room. We did not find it to be a big problem but I think that the noise might be disturbing if you have your room in the lower floors. The room itself was basic but very clean.

The business center was temporarily out of use during our stay, but the free WIFI is quick. The breakfast had a good selection of fruits, bread and cold cuts and some asian style foods too. Free minibar was filled daily (two orange juices, two Cokes, two sparkling waters, two beers and one still water). There was coffee and some cake available in the lobby. There were two elevators - both slow.

Temperatures were between 20-25 C during our trip. The room does not have an AC but did have a fan which helped. Also we opened the balcony door in the evening to lower the temperature in our room. The hotel room did not have a safety box but there was a safety box in the reception. We used it to store our passports and iPad and did not have a problem. The safety box was locked with a key which we received and the box was accessible only with the key.

The hotel area is not the most charming one, however we felt safe in the surroundings of the hotel. The location next to the railway station is really good for travelling around the city and also there are many restaurant and food options in the station.

I truly can recommend this hotel if you prefer a hotel with an excellent location and a reasonable price.

Room Tip: The rooms facing back yard are more quiet. However if you wan't some views, ask for a room in the top floors facing to the railway station. There are balconys in the rooms that face the railway station so you can keep the balcony door open in the evenings to lower the temperature in the room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The location is great - just a short walk to some nice restaurants and a Starbucks. Breakfast was also pretty good - same options every day, but it was still good. Also free wifi! The wifi was surprisingly fast too. We got there during a bit of a heat wave - it was in the 90's and really humid - no AC. My room was on the top floor and it was super hot up there. Too hot to sleep. Grateful that they had drinks in the fridge (also included). I would stay there again and hope for better weather.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike B
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This was my second stay in eight months and will certainly go back again. Nothing had changed between my two stay save that of the Business Centre which was temporarily closed. With free wifi, mini-bar, sumptous breakfast and light snacks in the lobby, what more could I expect for what I had paid for. The reception and breakfast room staff remained efficient and cheerful, while the lift remained slow as ever - but not much of a problem.

Location with close proximity to public transport remains the best selling point to me.

However, will give it a miss in summer as it is not airconditioned.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel in November last year. The hotel is very well located and in a walking distance from Frankfurter Messe. Also very easy to reach from the airport. My first impression was not so good. I felt like it was old and needed some repair but there are so many things that adds things up. First I like to mention free drinks and cakes in the lobby the whole day around. Free WiFi ( the WiFi connections is excellent), free minibar in your room, friendly staff and nice breakfast. My room was spacious but the furniture was a bit of tired. My bathroom was ok but needed some repair.
I nice hotel with very good location. Good breakfast and good service.
If you don't need to have things too fancy I can recommend this hotel. I will not hestitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 June 2014

First time in Frankfurt, and I found the place with ease, right next door to the Railway station.
Staff was friendly, free mini bar restocked daily and a wide selection of food for breakfast. There's no tea or coffee making facilities in the room but they supply complimentary tea and coffee in the foyer with cakes or fruits.
Room is on the smaller side but for the price, it's an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple