“A little Gem”

Favored Hotel Plaza
Ranked #74 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed for one night. I had a super deal and was a bit wary of what I may get for my money.But, what a fabulous place.My single room had a bed that was wider than a UK single size one.It was super comfortable, the bathroom was super stylish and the shower fantastic!Had complimentary magazines and a sample creme and showergel in addition to the supplied one.Despite the window being wide open, there was no noise to be heard.I will definitely be back

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed 7 August 2013

I moved to this hotel this year for the Ambiente Trade Fair because it promised to be quiet and I would get a good night's sleep. The rooms were surprisingly spacious, even large, and the one one of my employees had overlooking the courtyard was very large. My room facing onto the street was a good size, and it was blisfully quiet, so I got a good night's sleep after being on my feet at the Trade Fair all day. The breakfast was as expected, perhaps one might think it slightly over-priced, but all in all this was reasonable value considering that prices in Frankfurt skyrocket during the Trade FAir. The location, down a quiet side street was within ten minutes walk of the station and the city centre, and there were several good restaurants within a very few minutes walk. My only criticism would be that I had chosen this hotel specifically because they advertised parking, and I contacted them to confirm that they could accommodate our Sprinter van, which they said yes, and then when we arrived we found that they had no parking spaces left, and for the first night we were assured we could leave it on the street outside the hotel, and we received a parking ticket when we went to the van the following morning.

I have to say I let the hotel to sort that one out!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank francis b
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Stayed in a very large and comfortable room on a business trip. Location is good next to the railway station - its an easy walk. The reception staff were friendly and helpful. Wifi in the room was good. The shower was above average - lots of hot water! Standard buffet breakfast - small room was a bit of a squeeze but manageable. Pretty good value for money, I would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael N
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Hotel Plaza for two nights on our way to Italy. The hotel is not far from the train station which was about a seven minute walk.

The staff was very nice and very accommodating! Our rooms were surprisingly comfortable and modern with flat screen television and a very nice bathroom. There is an elevator which is something to always check out when traveling in Europe if stairs are not an option for you.

The breakfast was fabulous! Fresh coffee, rolls, a variety or meats and cheeses, cereal, yogurt, eggs bacon, sausage and juices.

Our teenage boys who were traveling with us had a triple room on the top floor. It was a bit hot in there room, but fans were available to use. Our room was on the ground level (which is really the first floor) and our room was very comfortable and not too hot.
It was a little bit pricey, but that is the only negative comment I have about the hotel.

When I return back to Frankfort next year, I definitely will be a return customer!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Laney1961
Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

My mum and I stayed at this hotel for 5 days and were happy with everything( room, breakfast, etc) but one of the receptionists was extreamly rude to us for no reason. One day I called and he picked up the phone and asked him if he could help me with booking a restaurant as I dont speak german and he refused to do it for no reason just said i cant do it for you and you have to do it yourself!!!! I was shocked and couldnt believe how rude he was to me . He said if you want to be helped you come downstairs and give me the number!!!!! I went downstairs from the seventh floor only to give him a phone number, I showed it to him and he just explained to me how to dial a number in frankfurt(area codes ...) and he said he wont make the call for me!! In another occasion my mum asked him to help her with printing a ticket ( they have a printer in the reception that guests can use) and he simply said i cant help you do it I will explain to you how to do it and you can do it yourself!!! This guy is extreamly rude and i didnt find any explanations for his behaviour. The rest of the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

I had only one night in the hotel and not much time to enjoy it, but the room was large for a European city hotel and very comfortable and clean. The room overlooked the back courtyard and was exceptionally quiet, which meant that I got a very good night's sleep and could open the window for fresh air without getting any traffic noise. Breakfast was good - nice variety of items. The only thing I did not like was that there was a strong smell of drains in the bathroom which made it very unpleasant. I am not sure whether this was normal or whether it was because there was very heavy rain that day and it is near the river ...

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2013

This a very reasonably priced hotel close to the main railway station and the Main river.
Our outlook was over a courtyard and we were woken by birdsong each morning.

Our room was a good size and we enjoyed this hotel. The staff, however,could be pretty grumpy.some were nice but others seemed to think life without the customers would be preferable.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple